“Much better than I expected” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Nassauer Hof

Hotel Nassauer Hof
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Much better than I expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. Their level of English proficiency - excellent. Much better than what I expected.

Location - opposite the casino, casual 30min walk to the trainstation (main station with a lot of trains), and next to the shopping district with lots of retail/ restaurants to choose from.

Building- old building with character. Well maintained. Stayed in a room facing the casino. Couldn't ask for a better view. The sunrise in the morning was amazing.

Room - Nothing to complain. Everything was wonderful. Bed was comfortable, water pressure was fine, the mineral water provided was very 'tasty' and refreshing.

Wifi - Free for every 30 mins. You just have to keep clicking to 'accept' the free 30 mins internet, which was fine with me. Good speed as well. If you pay, you can have uninterupted internet access.

Food- Breakfast was very good. Good selection, service very prompt and overall quality of food was very good. The bar at the hotel serves good drinks and the staff we got - amazing. Very efficient and knowledgeable.

Very good experience and will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Anywhere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

Really lovely hotel, very friendly staff set in a delightful location in Wiesbaden. Rooms very nice although the ac system didn't seem to work to well and the room was to hot, soon solved with an open window and fresh air. Great turn down service, even included folding my clothes and placing them in the wardrobe. The one criticism was the wifi coverage which was simply awful. The hotel were accommodating and didn't charge me (still don't like being charged for wifi nowadays), and did say there was a cable in the room BUT no one uses cables today! We are ALL wifi, iDevices, tablets etc. Yet another hotel using a third party to provide wifi who come in and install inferior kit. The hotel would be so much better off by buying its own wifi network and using that to offer a truly differentiated service to the guests (and its own staff). I would however, be happy recommending this hotel and will definitely stay there again should the opportunity arise

Room Tip: My room was at the end of a corridor - quiet yes but far enough away to deny me any wifi coverage.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark S
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

J adore . Super treat super staff excellent room . the Hotel Is out of time. Are we in 1980 2000 2014 ? Excisit impression that time has stopped and service is Top.
Just great. Had i known i would have stayed longer.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed for three days as part of a business event. The hotel is extremely welcoming and offers the luxuries which have fallen by the wayside in many other "top" hotels. Our reception and treatment by staff was exemplary, and impeccable, across the board - everybody treated us with respect and cordial friendliness, and most importantly with a "yes, of course" attitude. Anything that could be done was done, in all departments.

Our room was spacious, luxurious, comfortable and very well equipped and serviced.

Food was excellent, with a wide choice, although we experienced some delays from the kitchen and some odd inconsistencies from day to day in identically ordered breakfast dishes. But problems were whisked away and service staff were friendly and ready to correct and apologize, which is refreshing in Germany.

The spa area and pool are a very pleasant place to be and have been designed and implemented with a clear view to enabling relaxation - visits here were a real pleasure.

Location is excellent but drive-in front access is rather compromised and self-parking is not simple; the hotel's own parking facility can be cramped or full if the hotel is busy. But staff will help if this happens.

Overall, a great hotel upholding a grand old tradition, with a few minor hiccups, but definitely very recommendable.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view over to the Casino if possible
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Me and my husband genuinely like Hotel Nassauer Hof. As a long time former residents of Weisbaden, we know this hotel by heart. We have stayed in this hotel for a couple times, we just keep on coming back. Our room is big and lovely with a view of the Wiesbaden Casino. The bathroom is so modern with lots of amenities. The Orangerie Restaurant is simply the best. The food is delicious. Their breakfast buffet is amazing, lots of choices. The staff are very friendly and courteous. Service is impeccable and flawless. A truly 5 star hotel in the heart of Wiesbaden. I can´t wait to go back again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Schulz1968
Bluffton, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

As a long time former resident of Germany, I frequented the Este Spa at the NassauerHof for 11 years...It's still my favorite in the world ( mostly because of Vicky and the Staff are the nicest, most accommodating people to those of us lucky enough to spend time at their consistently excellent Spa....).

But now I stay at Hotel NassauerHof as a Guest...I can tell you it is the top Hotel in Germany....The King and Queen of the Netherlands stayed during my visit...Most Heads of State, Royalty and CEOs stay here....but so do ordinary folks like me! The Hotel is centrally located on the most elegant Strasse in the tony city of Wiesbaden....The Beds are comfortable, rooms clean, food exceptional and Staff best of any world-class five star hotel in the world.....But this place is more to me now.....

My last visit was unexpectedly lengthy due to a health issue....and Herr Karl Nusser and his Staff were the best medicine I could have possibly had. The Late Duty Front Desk gentleman literally saved my life one night...promptly calling an Ambulance as I had a medical emergency.....Kept my room for me and my belongings safe during what became a lengthy hospital stay( the Hotel sending me flowers, gifts and keeping track of my progress...for a month!)

Upon my return to the Hotel, I was pampered by everyone.....Front Desk Staff was welcoming and attentive throughout....Bellman did all the heavy lifting whenever needed, Housekeeping Staff(who all knew me by name and assisted me with whatever I needed in my room, as I was bed ridden), Room Service and Restaurant Staff prepared special dietary meals and delivered food and water daily.....Conceirge Staff who arranged for a wonderful man to drive me to hospital follow-up visits every other day(He was my advocate AT the hospital and took care of me till the day he put me on a plane)...and Herr Nusser himself personally looked after my care and was supportive and thoughtful throughout my long stay.

There are few Hotels left in this franchised, points-driven world where you can truly feel cared for and made to feel at home....For many weary travelers, Hotel NassauerHof will be a place to retreat from the commonness of today's formula hotels into a unique, historic house where you will be looked after....Where you can recharge to tackle the demands of a nonstop world...Just to catch your breath and enjoy being "home" at Herr Nusser's fine Hotel.

Yes, this place is forever in my heart and I will never forget my 3 months living at the Hotel NassauerHof....

Room Tip: I prefer courtyard view in new wing, away from street noises.....
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank motownammain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel in June and the location is perfect for exploring the old town and Spa as well as going to the theatre and casino. The room was spacious but the bathroom small and smelled of old drains. Unfortunately we encountered a huge cockroach on the towel in our bathroom and notified the staff who did not appear too surprised or concerned about it. The bars in the hotel are great as well as the Michelin starred Restaurant. The hotel is nic but needs serious updating in many areas.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Stellacl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wiesbaden
Dorint Pallas Wiesbaden
#2 of 267 in Frankfurt
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,269 reviews
Novum Hotel Wiesbaden City
#12 of 45 in Wiesbaden

Been to Hotel Nassauer Hof? Share your experiences!