Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel
Ranked #1 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The hotel is in a nice location in Wiesbaden and all was generally ok. I found a pieve of ham under my duvet. I told the receptionist when I left and her response was 'ok'. I found this odd and thought perhaps she didn't quite understand what I meant. When I asked if she knew what i meant previously her response was yes. She was polite and smiled but that was somewhat annoying as there was no apology for the lack of cleanliness.

I also was annoyed when I ordered a set meal of a sandwhich and drink deal that came without a tray charge. As It would have been a waste to order the drink i wouldn't I asked for the set meal without the drink. I was told I must pay the tray charge when I did not order the drink with the sandwhich, even though this was not explained to me when I ordered my meal.

Overall it was an ok visit to the Radisson. The staff are generally friendly and polite.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Majiri O

Reviewed 12 February 2013

Stayed in this hotel for two nights for business. Hotel was ok, very small room, did not got an upgrade as member of Blu radisson, hotel was full. Breakfast i Liked quiet a bit wasin a nice area. Hotel room need renovation,I think they planned that actually could stay here again for one or two nights but maybe would book other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Wolfgang W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for staying at the Schwarzer Bock Hotel Wiesbaden and for your feedback.

It is true, that we are planning to renovate all our rooms and corridors during this year. We are happy to welcome you then back at the hotel.

Yours sincerely

Wolfgang Wagner & Team

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Stayed at the Radisson Blu for one night in July 2012- it's a great old world hotel with a long history and has been refurbished. Loved the tour of the interiors, especially the meeting rooms. The Restaurant Maxime has a good spread even for vegetarians. The location is central and you can walk everywhere. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stay at the hotel in Nov 2012. Lovely hotel, our room over looked the park and hot mineral spa. The bathroom was large, shower over bath, good facilities. Room was spacious and came with coffee pod machine . Lovely old world hotel good location right near a bus station and easy walk to great shopping. Staff were very accommodating. Breakfast came with the room. Would not hesitating at staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Wolfgang W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Schwarzer Bock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback about staying at the Hotel Schwarzer Bock.
I am glad to read, that you enjoy your stay in November with us and the entire team is looking forward to welcome you in future at our hotel.

Best regards

Wolfgang Wagner

Reviewed 4 January 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for nearly 20 years, and after this last visit, I am very concerned about the hotel. First let me stay that the front desk staff at the Schwarzer Bock are fantastic and the reason that I have continued to stay. But now for the bad side. When I went in my room, there was a dead cockroach on the floor and there was a leak over the bathtub/shower stall covered with black mold. The furniture is poorly covered and it has definitely seen better days. The TV station selection is terrible. Over 15 Arab stations and not one American station, not even CNN. For years at Christmas time there has been an enormous gingerbread house decorated with small cookies for the guests to enjoy. This year in one corner of the entrance was a tiny gingerbread house.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dan B

Dear guest,

First of all, I want to thank you for your feedback about your stay in our hotel.
I want to apologize for the cockroach in your room – that is not supposed to happen, though the hot springs in Wiesbaden.
Regarding our guestroom I am happy to tell you, that we will renovate all of our rooms and corridors starting spring 2013 and we are looking forward to present that new product by the end of this year.

The entire team of the Hotel Schwarzer Bock hopes to welcome you again back in Wiesbaden.

Kind regards

Wolfgang Wagner

Reviewed 17 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip and from the price/ service perspective this is a good choice.
This is the oldest hotel in Wiesbaden. The old-and-stylish entrance is nice, but the rooms have not been renovated for a while. During my last stay I saw some renovation works being held (workers opposite of my window in the morning) so maybe there is a big change coming up.
Some of the rooms are located far from the elevator and require the luggage to be carried up and down the stairs (on the same floor), so it is not convenient.
Location is nice if you want to walk to the main square to grab something to eat, but it is very difficult to park a car on the streets nearby. Surely - the hotel has a parking in front of it , but it is small and expensive.
Staff is friendly/ professional at the check-in and checkout. I did not have much interaction with them in the meantime.
There is free coffee and tea in the rooms, but unfortunately no free water.
It is a good hotel, but requires refreshment.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We arrived at the Schwarzer Bock early in the afternoon an were warmly greeted by
EG an the staff at the front desk. They immediately tried to upsell us on our
reservation and when they learned that we were potential long term guests they
made a lot of promises that were not kept. We could only stay there for a week
because there was a conference scheduled for two days so we couldn't unpack for a
long term stay but they offered to keep our bags and find us a different hotel
in the meantime but they were unsuccessful so we found our own at the Hotel
Oranien which is where we ended up staying for our long term stay...Upon
checkout of the Schwarzer Bock when they found out we would not be returning all
the promises they were going to throw in to win our long term stay there were
magically on our bill! We were forced to overpay on our room rate and parking which was very expensive. Besides the fact that this hotel nickel and dimes you it definitely has great
hospitality! The staff is excellent and very friendly they all went above and beyond when they could. The housekeeping department could do a little more though we had some crumbs on the floor and coffee table in our room which needed to be vacuumed up and even though they came in and cleaned the crumbs still stayed there...The breakfast is great lots of choices, the rooms are spacious, the spa is very nice but watch out for old naked European ladies in the spa and definitely make sure you nail down your room rate before you check in!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business