“Variety of menu including traditional German”
Review of Restaurant Lumen

Restaurant Lumen
Ranked #204 of 631 Restaurants in Wiesbaden
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There is a varied menu including traditional German, burgers, salads, Asian creations, and fish. I wanted top try something traditional and got the Wienerschnitzel. It came with fried potatoes and a fresh cucumber salad. Large portion. Excellent. Other people I was with got burgers. They were very large. They chose to eat with knife and fork. Not sure if they could have eaten otherwise. Ate outdoors which is customary at most restaurants. Tables are spaced out which is different compared to some other places. It's located on large square. Easy walk from my downtown hotel. There is an underground parking garage very close.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

It is a modern type place in the center of the city. It doesn’t have the charm of old fashioned German restaurants. The food is unremarkable the service is very slow. I would not go again.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely cafe and restaurant and beautifull seating outside. The walls of the restaurant all class so has panorama view to the square. Location in the heart of marketplatz.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Lumen is on the pricier side for food, but I assume that the price reflects the location. You are steps away from the Wiesbaden iconic Catholic Church and close to underground parking.
You can eat inside or outside and the food is always good. The menu is not huge but enough choices for everyone. They have even added a few vegan dishes this year.
Beautiful in a sunny afternoon.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

After sixteen years we had the happiness to visit Wiesbaden, and Taunus area again! After four days we can say that this area still marvelous full of charm, what nowadays it's 'also amazing.
Everything was good; the exception was the Restaurant Lumen.
Once I have lactoses restrictions, and I ask the waiter to bring my Orecchiette Pasta, without cheese, milk, and butter. The pasta came to me without cheese, but full of milk cream in the sauce. I complain about this, the waiter recognized his mistake, but the restaurant manager, came to me and said: If you like to have another pasta, you have to pay in double, and we will wrap the wrong one to go!
Nevertheless, we paid to avoid problems to the waiter, but I dinner out, everywhere in this globe, and it never happened with me.
I'm sorry to say; this Restaurant Manager is not prepared to deal with this kind of situation.
As we know around the globe, the client is a King. The exception is the Lumen Restaurant in Wiesbaden.