“Add some character and you've got excellence!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City

Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Geneva, Switzerland
“Add some character and you've got excellence!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

While it is a bit difficult to understand what yak7 is referring to in his/her comment on August 19 about " the real other side of upper class deutsche society", as a seasoned traveler I can only say the hotel is run quite professionally, has excellent rooms, is very clean and reception as well as restaurant staff are fine.
And yet, the General Manager still has to accomplish that the newly refurbished property (re-)develops some "character". Perhaps the absence of that is what yak7 titles as "cold"?
Reception staff are friendly and efficiently helpful. (Special mention: a forgotten mobile phone was properly found, registered and couriered abroad so I had it three working days after check-out!)
Rooms (junior suite) have all they need and one would expect, although a bit "cold" in atmosphere. Picture on the wall? - Nix. But sleeping comfort was tops, it was totally quiet, bathroom fine, everything very clean, spacious work desk.
Dinner restaurant staff all had (very pleasant) character, food was fine. Elevators, lobby, parking garage - all fine and nothing possibly to complain.
This hotel is a Crowne Plaza and should be measured against that standard. And that is where it is very good. Add some character and it is excellent.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Crowne Plaza W, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear valued guest,
it is great to know that you have had such a positive experience in our hotel. The staff here always tries their best to make you feel comfortable while maintaining professionalism.
As you have mentioned we have had a full renovation recently and we are still in the process of refining our interior and exterior decoration.
And of course I am glad to hear that we were able to assist you in sending your forgotten mobile phone.
Thank you for your comments, we do strive for excellency, so we very much value your feedback.
Social Media Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

very nice hotel but don't feel very much at home
we have the family room
staffs not very Crowne Plaza like
good experience to know the real other side of upper class deutsche society, felt very awkward so we check out quite early then usual even my children did not want to stay
very disappointing such a beautiful place

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Crowne Plaza W, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear valued guest,
we are sorry to hear that you did not feel comfortable during your stay with us. Please do be assured that we try our very best to make our guests feel welcome and at home. We understand how important that is to our guests and we would be happy if you would give us another opportunity and stay with us again.
at home
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

The AC & breakfast were fantastic...hands down! These were both fantastic & completely reliable. Staff was superb & very friendly. Rooms were comfortable (slept 4, how unusual in Europe!?) and clean. Location is probably good, walking distance to old town, but we were just en route & stopped for a nights rest & to use the indoor pool, which, though small, was still enjoyable. Parking was very convenient, although at an additional cost...discounted if you're a priority club member.

Room Tip: far away from the elevator always works out to be quieter...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,
it is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoy staying with us and take advantage of all the facilities that we offer. As you have said, it is not only the great location that makes us a good choice to stay, but also our fresh breakfast buffet, our gym and wellness area as well as our in house car park. Of course an A/C during the hot summer months is an additional benefit. And our staff will always ensure that you feel welcome.
We hope to see you again in the future.
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

A very memorable stay in this facility. Very centrally located. Rooms were a bit congested, but furnished well. Food was excellent, especially the breakfast buffet. Reception crew were very friendly and supportive. They all went an extra mile to ensure my comfort during the duration of my stay in this hotel. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Crowne Plaza W, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Dear valued guest,
we appreciate you taking the time and writing such a positive review about our hotel. Our staff is always making sure our guests have everything they need and a little bit more. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Best regards,
Lakewood, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Stayed here for a week during a business trip to Wiesbaden.

The hotel is very clean, modern, and the staff is friendly and attentive. Check in with without issue and the room was clean and comfortable and had everything you would expect. Nothing to complain about there.

Breakfast was included in my rate and the had a very impressive buffet that included both European-style items as well as American. Topping things off they had an omelet stating doing cooked-to-order omelets.

The hotel is short cab/bus ride away from the train station and is within easy walking distance of many restaurants, bars, and stores within downtown Wiesbaden. It really was a GREAT location.

My only ding on the hotel was their fitness room, although I understand that this isn't a priority in many hotels outside the USA. They have an adequate set of weight equipment, but could really use an upgrade to their aerobic equipment which felt ancient (80's-ish) and uncomfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Crowne Plaza W, Manager at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Dear valued Guest,
thank you for the positive comments about our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you did not only like our central downtown location, but also the friendliness of our staff and our breakfast buffet that offers you plenty of options to choose from. Please be advised that we are currently looking into updating our fitness facilities as we do understand that this is also an important part of the hotel experience.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

After three weeks of traveling throughout Germany, and experiencing a variety of hotels, I have finally found perfection: the Crowne Plaza, in Wiesbaden.
In my opinion, the "perfect" hotel will have the proper balance of amenities. Obviously the room size, quality and features; the bathroom configuration; the friendliness of the staff and, perhaps of equal importance: its location,
I selected a prior hotel in Wiesbaden before finding the Crowne Plaza. Disappointed with my first choice (I relied on a "star" rating) I decided to move after the first night. I found the Crowne Plaza and immediately booked it. Here's why:
The Crowne Plaza certainly is an upsale property in every sense of the word. I was greeted warmly and professionally by the hotel reception, and although I arrived hree hours before check-in, my reception, Kathleen, offered to see if a room was available early. It was and my happiness curve leaped an unexpected high.
The room is beautiful, with comfortable beds and chairs and decorated to a "T". The room included complimentary water, coffee and WIFI for two devices. The rate I chose also included breakfast - the best one on my travels. The hotel also has an indoor pool and workout room on a separate level, and is the only hotel on my trip to have an ice machine for guests. For those, who need it, the room also was equipped with an iron and ironing board, robe and slippers.
Aside from the physical amenities, this hotel is great because of its location. Situated on Bahnhof St, just 5 blocks from the central train station, he Crowne Plaza is just a 5-minute walk from everywhere. Located is a good neighborhood, I felt save walking late or any time during the day. Public transportation (bus) is just one-half block from the hotel. The location feature will save you a significant sum in taxi fares.
Just finishing my breakfast now, I must note it is the finest breakfast on my trip. They have a flat fee of 15 euros for breakfast (for all occupants of the room). It is the most complete breakfast ( including fresh squeezed orange juice) with a cook to prepare your custom egg order.
IN my opinion, the Hotel Crowne Plaza is everything a fine hotel should be.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Crowne Plaza W, Director of Sales at Mercure Hotel Wiesbaden City, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all thank you very much that you have chosen our hotel and thank you for taking the time for an assessment of your stay.

We were very happy about the fact that you had a pleasant stay and that you'll have the last days of your trip in good memory. We gladly forward your feedback to our team.

We would be delighted if we may again welcome you in our Crowne Plaza Hotel.

With best regards from Wiesbaden
Bianca
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

After our previous lodging plans fell through, my husband and I booked a room at the Crowne Plaza for two weeks. We have no complaints about our room, the service, or the food. Although the hotel is a bit pricier than choices like Pentahotel, this is a case where you get what you pay for.

Check-in was quite easy and our room was lovely. There was plenty of storage space and everything was spotless. Our room was cleaned quickly on the days we requested it and staff members also respected the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the days we decided to stay in. Our "wifi" room keys deactivated a few times early in our trip, but the front desk staff quickly reprogrammed them for us. All staff members spoke English, which was very helpful due to my limited German.

We opted to get the breakfast option during our stay. Although the offerings stayed pretty much the same every day, there was enough to choose from that we didn't really tire of the choices. The croissants are worth the wait, as they are usually snapped up quickly!

I tried out the sauna one day. You have to call the front desk for them to turn it on about 15-30 minutes before you head downstairs. I enjoyed a nice session in the room to myself. The pool is quite spacious. The gym room includes a fairly decent amount of equipment plus a water cooler, although some of the equipment seemed old. For example, the treadmill looks like something my grandmother might have had when I was a girl, although this might be standard for Germany.

Although the parking spaces are very cramped (typical for Wiesbaden), there was always ample parking, no matter what time of day. Note that parking is not free. I recommend signing up for the rewards program for the discount.

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. I will have my parents stay here when they come to visit me in the future, as I know they will appreciate everything the hotel has to offer.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

thank you that you have chosen our hotel and that you took the time to review your stay at our hotel.

Your feedback is very pleased and we are proud that we could prepare you a pleasant stay.
We are always striving to improve our services and have therefore taken your comments very seriously. Our gym was renovated at the beginning of the year and in the near future, the older sports equipment will be replaced.

We would be very happy if we soon welcome you together with your parents at our hotel.

With best regards from Wiesbaden