NH Wiesbaden
US$102
US$262
US$255
  • Restaurant
Hotel de France(Wiesbaden)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$129
US$92
US$85
  • Pool
Novum Hotel Wiesbaden City(Wiesbaden)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$63
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgreat buffet breakfastnice business hoteldefinitely stay here againquiet locationair conditioninglarge roomrooms are nicestayed here for nightsplace to staytown centrebusiness triptraineepossibilityeurogarage
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I spent our Valentines weekend here and it was quite a nice stay.
At first, I somewhat questioned the hotel before I even arrived. I am a member of the NH Hoteles rewards program due to the fact I travel so much and moreover, I am also a professional from the hotel industry. When I emailed the hotel prior my arrival, there was no response or acknowledgement of my email.
Another down side, and this was a big deal to me, was the check in procedure. When I approached the reception desk, there were two young females and from my understanding, one of them was a trainee. Neither one of them greeted me. When I finally said hello and my name, they both started looking in the computer, again, with no words said. Then, I was finally asked if I had stayed at any NH hotels,...there was no explanations, no smile...After this, I went back to my car to get my bags and my boyfriend. And there it was, a huge smile from both of the girls when my boyfriend walked in. I kind of figured this was going to happen:)

To my surprise, we were upgraded to the suit and the hotel manager himself left a very nice welcoming note along with a bottle of water and a jar of gummy candies.
The room was very spacious with a nice living area that included two pull out couches, big balcony, desk and a TV. The bedroom was nice decorated with dark brown wood and green paintings and designs. There was another built in TV and a big corner window.
The beds were extremely comfortable with even better pillows.
Room was spotlessly clean.

On our first night, we ordered a room service and the young gentleman was very friendly and attentive. The prices were a bit high but the food was great and didnt take long to get to us.

One downside I think the hotel should consider is the selection of TV channels as there is only one in English and that is the CNN. One movie channel would make a huge difference especially if the Internet is insanely slow.

On our second day, I came in contact with the Housekeeping Supervisor who nicely asked if I am satisfied with the services. This was a huge plus!

The check out went smoothly as there was another girl who actually took the time to chat with me for a short time just to make sure I enjoyed my stay.

When it comes to parking, there is plenty of spaces outside along the road. The hotel is in a great location with beautiful views.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KandPtraveling
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Internet functioning at medieval .Worrying gurgle from the toilet after taking the plug out of the bath. A little bit strange the view nearby and a very small balcony.
On the positive ... The breakfast was excellent, waiting staff professional, beds are good, room was clean but small (due to beds).
Good hotel if you are there for work and don't need their internet.

Room Tip: Speak German......can be an advantage I suppose
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The NH Aukamm Hotel is located about 1.5 miles from the city center in a residential area next to the DKD medical center. Getting there by car or taxi is no problem; You can also take bus lines 17 or 18 from downtown or bus line 37 from the railway station and get off at Wartestrasse and walk downhill. Walking to downtown through the beautiful central park (Kurpark) is very nice and takes about 20-30 min. Also nearby is a thermal spa with heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools and wellness services.

From the outside the NH hotel appears as a tall and rather ugly looking building from the late 1960s concrete-panel building era. Check-in was quick and smooth; I had a prepaid rate purchased from the NH web site which was a very good deal. The staff at the reception desk was friendly and professional. The room in the 11th floor faced the North site viewing the very green and rural Aukamm valley and the hospital. Strangely there are no blinds on the windows of the hospital wards and you can see patients being treated at bedside; it would be nice to spare both the patients in the hospital and the hotel guests on the other end from this view and the embarrassment. (Hotel and DKD management please note !)
Anyway, the room was sufficiently sized about 180 sq.ft. There is a faux balcony which can be accessed by opening a window door. Don't open this door! It was very difficult to close this door again because of the complicated lock mechanism. The room interior was unfortunately a little dated and showed some wear and tear. The bulky TV set was from the late 90s. There was some water leakage stains coming from the ceiling and the wall paper showed some peeling. The bath room was clean but there are some strange things: first, the sink and the toilet bowl are positioned too low for a medium sized individual (6 ft); second, the douche gel shampoo toiletries that NH provides in all their hotels smell and look terribly (orange) and third, there is a heater in the bath room which is difficult to use (no instructions). On the upside there is a minibar with unusually fair prices for the beverages and snacks. Basic internet access was free which I appreciate.
The hotel has a nice fitness room, a sauna and a steam bath facility. the latter two can lead to some awkward encounters as Germans like to use these facilities mixed i.e. male & female together and often unencumbered by any body textiles- just be aware of this unique custom in this country.
I was a bit disappointed by the breakfast buffet; the cold cut section was under-stocked, no fish selection (salmon or herring) was available at my visit. Coffee/Tea service and special orders like eggs any style were served by a single waitress in the dining room. Coffee was served in a thermos jar which is OK when it is brewed fresh and hot but it was not. I would prefer to have a high quality self service automated coffee/espresso cappuccino maker available.
Anyway taken together you can get decent accommodation and restaurant services at this hotel at a fair price when booked prepaid. Ask for a room facing the south side and you can enjoy a very nice view of lovely Wiesbaden. Rooms on the other side have a view on the Aukamm Greens and the hospital.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BruderLustig
Reviewed 16 September 2013

very nice stay, I was on a 8th floor and I also had a great view on the city. staff is ok (with some exceptions). Rooms are wides, clean, quiet and new. the shower in the bathroom could be in a better position, it was on a side of the bath tube, so it was quite unconfortable to take a good shower. the hotel is just half hour away from downtown (9€ of taxi). food is good, great choice for breakfast and lunch, and good pizza. Not that much variety for pasta (we had pasta with pesto for 5 days) but for everything else was ok.

Room Tip: If they give you connecting rooms, try to change it with another one, that rooms are above the average of the others hotel rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Another 1 night stay on a Road trip. Apart from a little difficulty on check-in, which was probably down to my lack of German this was a very nice hotel and good value for money. As others have said the views of Wiesbaden from my balcony on the 7th floor were stunning. The rooms were clean and comfortable and my only possible complaint, if I was a whinger is the tv was tiny and a little dated. As we arrived late we ordered food in the bar which was good value for money and tasty. The barman was friendly and attentive. Breakfast was excellent with a good choice, and attentive staff. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family