ACHAT Premium City-Wiesbaden
US$251
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Novum Hotel Wiesbaden City(Wiesbaden)(Great Value!)
US$73
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgreat locationwould stay here againhotel is locatedvery nice hotelwifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel for seven nights. This is a comfortable place to stay. A walkable distance to the city center (and close to Wiesbaden City Hall, where the Rheingau Wine Week of August took place). I used the hotel mostly as a place to put my head at nights. For this matter, the price was reasonable: in turn I received a quite, nice, comfortable yet small room, a tiny shower, clean towels, and Wifi service (available for a small fee, and one has to insert in the passwords whenever the computer is activated). The staff was friendly to the extent that one knows what one wants: When arrived, at the hottest week of August, I was guided to a room without an air-condition. I insisted to move to an air-conditioned room and luckily room 404 was available. I had to give up breakfast at this hotel as the price seemed very expensive. All in all, peaceful and relatively cheap place to stay. Recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for room 404 with aircondition
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed at Achat hotel for 5 days. Excellent location, walking distance to downtown Wiesbaden. Rooms are very comfortable and spotless. Wifi available for a small fee, only problem is you have to type in the password all the time. Did not have the breakfast because outside the door you can get one for less than half the price.

Room Tip: wifi is better on lower floors
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Achat hotel doesn't pretend to be friendly or comfortable. Wi-fi connection for money (maybe it it not that bad, but be advised that on the 4th floor you will never reach your already paid connection). Very poor room-service only till 14.00 (meaning: around 13.00 staff puts on your door the list telling that you room will be not cleaned today, because you have "do not disturb sign", they don't care you have time till 14.00. They never heard in their life about "please clean my room" sign). Room-servies is also, of coruse, almost not english-speaking. Breakfast: well, you will be happy if you get some sandwich. They put some fruits in the beginning of breakfast, but when it's finished - it's finished, even if there are still 2 hours more breakfast time. These guys don't care.

But the most horrible and painful experience here I faced in April, 2013. I came here to business trip and planned to stay a lot in the room working on my project. You can't believe: the sound of drilling never stopped all this week. First day I hoped that it's only one day case. Next day, when the noise was just painful and unbearable, I tried to to reach the reception, but none of my 5 calls were answered!!! I tried one hour later, and after second or third call I got the answer from absolutely ignorant person who haven't seen any problem that instead Hotel they provide rooms in constructing site which is not compatible with living here at all. And do not forget that walls here are SO thin that you could hear your neigbourhg in next room snoring.

Of course, it was not possible to talk about moving to another room or get money back. Please be advised, stay as far from this place as it possible, or your trip will be completely destroyed as mine.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Aleksey F
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I travel a lot and am used to the fact that some chain hotels in Germany are often a notch lower than international standards. We were looking for a hotel close to the University in Wiesbaden, where we had a meeting the next day. I checked Trip advisor and decided to try out the Achat, since the reviews here seemed good.

I wish I hadn't!! Friendliness was a word that the receptionist obviously did not know. I was traveling with two colleagues that did not speak German and they were treated pretty much with disdain. I speak fluent German which did not get me a better treatment.

The hotel lift was very smelly, not sure whether someone had thrown up in there before or the sewage of the hotel was leaking. 2 of us were on the second floor and the sewage smell was there throughout the corridor. The rooms were small and mine smelt of stale sweat-obviously the cleaning personnel has a hygiene issue. Luckily I could throw open the windows and by the time we got back from dinner, it was better.

When we got back, we decided to have a drink at the bar. This was manned by the unfriendly receptionist who made it very obvious that she did not like being pulled away from her desk at 9 in the evening because we wanted a drink at the bar.

Breakfast was OK, nothing great but the normal "standard" that one gets in most german hotels . No brown bread at all, all white.

The only positive is that it is centrally located and it appears that the corridor on the 4th floor was not smelly, since our third colleague stayed on this floor. And the internet connection is pretty fast.

Room Tip: IF your room is smelly ask for something on another floor-you might be lucky!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jetsetrose
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed here to visit a fair in Frankfurt where all hotels had been fully booked. It turned out to be a great decision. Wiesbaden is only 30 min by train from Frankfurt. It was much quieter and prettier than Frankfurt. Great restaurants are nearby. The hotel is in the city centre of Wiesbaden very close to the shops. Rooms are not big, but decorated wisely so you have all the comfort you need. The hotel is a bit noisy, by that I mean that you can hear your neighbours and noises in the hallway. Breakfast is excellent and staff are very friendly. The only two negative points we had were a smoking room, while either of us smoked. It would have been nice if they had asked us when checking in. Smoking rooms always smell bad. Secondly we had trouble with the nearby parking, but that was not the fault of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business