“Would definitely visit again”

pentahotel Wiesbaden
Ranked #4 of 45 Hotels in Wiesbaden
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Would definitely visit again”
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I stayed here with my partner for a few nights on a tour of the wider Hesse region. Our first few nights were at this hotel and we were very impressed by the quality of the room and the decor within this hotel. The lobby itself is furnished with an eye for good trend, and the room itself is colourful and clean with attention paid to making guests comfortable by providing them with a small selection of toiletries.
We were slightly disappointed at the lack of any available restaurants in the immediate vicinity and figured that the area is abundant with offices so is convenient for any business travel. However, the lobby downstairs was equipped with a bar and restaurant which put on a good selection of food at fairly good value.
Despite this, we preferred to visit Wiesbaden itself which was a short bus ride away. Upon our return to the hotel in the small hours, the walk from bus stop near the dual carriageway was quite perturbing since the street lighting in that particular area was poor and we couldn't see where we were going and unsure if there would be anyone lurking in the shadows. I would recommend a taxi ride back to the hotel if staying out at night; the fares weren't unreasonable.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
Apeldoorn
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Stayed in this hotel for one night during a weekend. The hotel is modern and the room comes as advertised with a flatscreen tv and reasonable sized bathroom. The shower is one of those "rain from the sky" models which is nice. The bathroom comes with a small bag with soaps etc. Pretty nice soap as well.

On the little desk in the room you will find a connection box that enables you to use all the ports of the flatscreen tv (if you bring the cables). So in theory you could hook up your laptop (either with VGA or composite) and watch a movie on the big screen.
Internet was available but expensive.

Parking at the hotel itself is possible, but we parked in front of the hotel where it's for free.

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 May 2010

Room: Room siize was pretty good although we got two single beds while our booking was for kingsize bed. Trendy amenities.

Bathroom: Of good size. Cool bathroom amenities.

Breakfast: Can't comment as we did not book a room with breakfast.

Location: Not in town. About 10-15 minutes drive. There is a bus stop nearby.

Other points:
- Nice seating areas in the lobby.
- Strange that checking in is done at the area which also serves as the bar.
- No fridge in the room.
- Free parking on the street. The hotel itself does not offer free parking I believe.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Essex, Ontario
Reviewed 21 October 2009

Penta hotel is easy to get to from the Autobahn but is not within walking distance of anything besides industry. Parking is 15Euros pernight in the parking garage but we discovered after paying the 15 Euros the first night that you could park on the street for free. They forget to mention this when you check in...
The rooms were funky and modern as was the lobby and lounge. We ate in the restaurant one night, it was good food with an english menu but the menu was limited.
The internet is very affordable and quick, 5Euros per 24 hours.
The only downside to this hotel was the fact that the shower drain was plugged solid with hair, during our first shower in the hotel the bathroom started to flood. We had to clean out the drain ourselves to finish showering. We never did tell them about this since we had taken care of it so we have no idea what their service would have been.
Also you can hear a lot of road noise while in your room.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PRC0809
Chile
Reviewed 18 June 2006

I travel for business more or less constantly and in hotels I look for quiet, good room service food and internet.

The bad for this hotel is it can be quite noisy and the room service food is very limited.

–the sound insulation between the rooms is very poor – initially I was in room 432(standard room what they call a “comfort room”) and the noise coming from the room next door, where there was obviously two people fooling around, was able to heard very clearly. Secondly the room across from me had a dog which barked constantly when the guest left the room and stopped as soon as the guest returned. In the end I asked to be moved to another room and the only room available was a suite room 627 ( an extra Euros30/night) so I changed rooms and this was a much quieter room but the airconditioning noise from outside my window and the plumbing noise was still annoying. Also, the room next door liked watching TV until all hours and kept me up at nights. The highway is next too the hotel which also adds to the noise level.
–Room service food was very limited, a few soups, a burger and some toasted sandwiches however what I did eat was very good.
–The rooms are rundown and I think the whole hotel is in need of some renovation.

The good points are

-the staff were friendly and more importantly very helpful.
-The restaurant downstairs is nice and quiet and has a good breakfast with a lot of options.
-The pool and gym are very nice. The pool is only 1.35m deep and about 10metres long but was nice. The only bad was the inane loud piped music around the pool area(it is also in the main lobby and restaurant) – I really find this annoying and just not necessary but a curse of modern life.
- The internet connection(only available as WiFi) was sometimes fast and sometimes slow. I downloaded a 55mb file in 10 minutes. I tried ringing my wife using skype and it was fine unless I used my web cam where the internet connection just didn’t have the bandwith. They charge Euros 15 per night for the WiFi internet.
-The suite they gave me had an downstairs and an upstairs. It was a strange design as downstairs there was a bathroom and toilet, sofa, TV and table. Upstairs a bed and TV. The suite was roomy but just badly laid out and very bare. It would have been great if they had included some way to make coffee or tea or maybe even a microwave as there is plenty of room. I never used the downstairs part as the noise from the airconditioning outside the window was just too unpleasant.

Overall I liked the staff at this hotel but the product is just not up to standard. The comfort rooms are Euros 99 plus internet 15 plus breakfast another 15. The Suite was Euros 129 plus internet 15 plus breakfast 15 - I liked that there were no surprise charges on my bill which tends to be the case nowadays. I only stayed a week and if I had been in Wiesbaden any longer I would have moved hotels but lazyness got the better of me.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business