Motel One Wiesbaden
US$103
US$144
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotel de France(Wiesbaden)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$261
US$246
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Novum Hotel Wiesbaden City(Wiesbaden)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$62
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstrain stationring roadone nightno frillsroom was cleanminute walkwalkable distancelow costwould stay here againa great place to stayfair pricenice bathroomlocation was perfectfrankfurt airportcity centretwo nightsinternet connection
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The Motel One chain stands for low-cost lodging. As such, luxury should not be expected. But, and this is based only on the experience with Motel One in Wiesbaden, the low budget chain offers a modern, clean, comfortable setting and is very pleasing to the eye.
I checked in for an overnight - this was the first time I was even able to get a room - and was very happy with the on-line function. The parking cost 6 Euro, but the garage is very conveniently located near the entrance of what is an equally convenient shopping mall. You can come and go as often as you like, you just have to get a new card to get out of the garage at the front desk.
Personally I like the color scheme - bright white walls; dark wooden floors and turquoise as an accent color. The check-in was friendly and efficient and off I went to my room. Again, the same color scheme, a very comfortable bed, enough furniture to store what I had and a bright, most of all clean, bathroom. The Hotel is situated right next to the train station on a very busy intersection. But, there is no traffic noise inside. The only thing missing is a telephone, that might be an issue for international travelers, but in the days of cell and smart phones, that is hardly a minus point, especially since wireless Internet is included.
As I've arranged a number of rooms for other people at this hotel, I noticed that the room size varies somewhat. My room on this first stay myself, was fairly small and the bathroom was also a bit small. Large people might have some issues, depending on the room. For me, everything fit just fine.
I didn't have time to partake of the breakfast, so I can't say much about that, but from the look of other guests, it seemed more than adequate.
The location could hardly be better. The down-town pedestrian area is within walking distance (about 10 to 15 minutes on foot; the trainstation is next door; the shopping mall is in the same complex; and a park is across the street; what more could you ask for?
Long or short stay, a very commendable place at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Motel One is situated next to the train station a bit outside of the centre. The city is not very big so walking is no problem. Rooms were small but clean, just what was expected from previous reviews. Breakfast good. I would recommend this if you are traveling on a budget and looking for a decent place to stay. Good experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Motel One was the choice for lodging for all the speakers at a particular conference. My first impression was: hmm, bare-bones basics. The room was small, and had no phone, alarm clock, peep hole in the door, dresser (there were a couple of shelves that double as a bedside table), movie channels on TV, or closet (there was a rack from which hangers hung), and a single shampoo-body wash combo in the bath. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't need all those things. I always use my Blackberry as an alarm clock (to avoid learning each hotel's alarm clock), and I don't really use the phone except to call the front desk. If I'm only staying a couple of days, I usually live out of the suitcase rather than unpack into drawers. The only things I really use are the TV and blow dryer, both of which were in the room.

Then I started doing the comparison: upside vs downside. The minimalist feel, which North Americans would see as a downside, was balanced by the feel of the place. It is new and modern, decorated nicely, nothing run-down about it. The beds are comfy, the pillows too, and the ceiling-to-floor windows open. They provide a nice buffet breakfast at a reasonable price, and the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The location is next to a small shopping centre, and next to that is the train station - the ultimate convenience for getting back to the Frankfurt airport. It's within walking distance of restaurants, and across the park from the convention centre. When the breakfast area was filled with professionals in suits, you could easily forget that you were at a minimalist hotel. You were simply there, enjoying a bit of Weisbaden.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good. Rooms on the 2nd floor are actually ground-level.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rahelab
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The Motel One website shows beautiful hotels at very reasonable rates. I was sceptical but the Motel One in Wiesbaden certainly exceeds all expectations.

The central location, directly next to the Main Railway Station, and in a shopping complex makes it an excellent base. The room was large - I had one of the larger rooms - and clean. The shower was wonderful and there was a hairdryer and toiletries - something I wasn't expecting in this price category. Breakfast was very good - booking breakfast gives you free Wi-Fi in your room. Otherwise free Wi-Fi is available in the lounge. Parking is directly below the hotel and at only € 6,00 for 24 hours excellent value. Staff were friendly and very helpful.

I'll definitely be staying in Motel One Hotels again!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Good location, you can walk to the city centre, nicely furnished with all amenities needed for a short stay. A bit difficult to find the hotel entrance if you walk from the nearby Central Railway station. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo