“Basic hotel, a bit noisy though.”

pentahotel Braunschweig
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Braunschweig
Lucerne
“Basic hotel, a bit noisy though.”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The hotel's decor is classy and modern, at least at first sight. At second sight, it becomes clear most things are a bit outdated and not refurbished well. Staff is friendly, we ate in the hotel restaurant, the menu choices are different but okay. Breakfast nothing spectatular but okay. I had a room facing the street and traffic was very loud. I asked to change rooms, the rooms that face the other side are apparently more quiet but also a bit more expensive.

Room Tip: rooms in the cheapest category are facing the street and can be noisy.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed 6 April 2013

This was my first experience with the Penta brand, and I was impressed. I do not imagine the style of the place will suit everyone, but I found it refreshingly different. The wifi is not free, but reasonably priced. The breakfast is expensive, but nice. I think this is likely to be a good location for visitors to this pleasant town. I only stayed one night, but found myself wishing I could have stayed a little longer!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Riga, Latvia
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Very comfy if you use train station. We were surprised how beautiful the old city is. Just a few blocks from hotel. The stuff was great, they allowed us the late check out, as we were for friends wedding there and didn`t want to walk around in the clothes. :) Room was very clean, quite. Great king size bed, with very soft linens. We had no time to use the additional extras.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Braunschweig, Germany
Reviewed 21 January 2013

just 2 mins walking distance from city centre, lies a very good stay option which gives you best of sleep, good room and decent breakfast. The range of the room is from 90-110 euro but it is worth the location. We had been in extreme winter when it was -9 almost, but had great infra to keep us warm. late night food is available and you can enjoy their bar till 12 am. friendly staff with good morning breakfast too. Its a good stay option if its in your budget.

Room Tip: pick the road facing view to keep check on the liveliness of the city. you can enjoy the hustle bust...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed here in August 2012 on a business trip where I visited several companies across Northern Germany.

Service: Good. A couple of peculiarities, though. I walked into the hotel and walked right past the front desk without knowing it! The front desk is actually behind the bar.

I had a problem with my reservation which was admittedly my fault. I accidentally booked my hotel room for one week earlier than when I was supposed to be there and didn't realize it until after that day had passed, and they charged my credit card for that night's stay. When I realized this, I called to inform them of my mistake and to ask them if it would be possible if they could not charge me. After the first call, they refused, but after contacting them again they said they would refund me for booking the wrong night. I have to thank them very much for this as I could have been been out of a night's stay worth of money due since it was my own mistake.

Value: typical value for a business hotel in Germany.

Sleep Quality: good sleep quality.

Cleanliness: hotel and room were very clean.

Location: hotel is within reasonable walking distance of the train station and the city center.

Rooms: room was good!

I'd recommend this hotel if you're looking for a quick stop for business purposes in Braunschweig.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jason_r_smith
Linz, Austria
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Nice hotel in the middle of the town. We could reach all the attraction of the town by foot. Nice design of the rooms, the ones at the main street are a little bit noisy. The breakfast excellent, especially when it is included in the price of the room. Free parking place outside the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Stayed here for business meetings with Volkswagen. It is a short commute to Wolfsburg using freeways (although there is some construction in the city and on the freeway currently). Like the funky atmosphere and the staff is very helpful. Breakfast is just "OK" compared to most Germany buffets and the shower curtain is old school "blowing in the wind" type. Room is fine, there is parking and the lobby is very inviting. The location is close to many shops, restaurants, and historic areas of the city.

Room Tip: Stayed in room facing the back parking area. it was quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business