“Would have left but it was closest to our daughter”

Stadthotel Magnitor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Braunschweig
Stadthotel Magnitor
Ranked #6 of 9 Braunschweig B&B and Inns
Carrollton, Texas
“Would have left but it was closest to our daughter”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The good first. It has a great location. Close to restaurants, bars, shopping and transportation. There is a dirt park next door with weekend activities. There is a lovely courtyard for beverages. Mike, in the bar, is a great bartender that will take care of you. Lyn at the front desk speaks great English, is helpful, friendly and accommodating! The included breakfast was ok. Prepared food was fine. The double bed was a single mattress and was in fine condition. I found the pillows to be totally flat and worthless. I slept with the towels.

Now for the not so good...
My husband and I are 5 feet 7 inches tall. Our room had beams that brushed our hair as we walked under them and the one by my side of the bed hit me in the middle of my forehead so I had to be extra careful. We were always ducking and making sure where our heads were. On the good side, this made us feel really tall.
There is no smoking in the guest rooms (yeah) but the only interior smoking is the tiny lobby. So, every time we passed through the lobby, we walked through a haze of second hand smoke.
And the worst part was that the ceiling in our shower had a beam that was at head level and the plastered ceiling had a bunch of mold on it. It was poorly designed and should have been tiled! When we checked out, I had to use the translator on my phone to explain what mold was. The desk clerk then made a face and agreed it was bad but did not offer any financial consideration.

Other than a short room, a smoky lobby and a moldy shower, it was fine.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DLemon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
london
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. It is ideally located to visit both the historic and shopping areas of Braunschweig. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable although a little basic. Breakfasts were good! We would certainly stay there again when next visiting the area.

The only downside was on the Saturday night - a nearby local bar had live music that didn't stop until 4.00 a.m - clearly whilst Germany is very good on most pollution issues, noise pollution is not one of them.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple