“Five Star Food”

Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Forton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The Bar and Restaurant area has been recently refurbished and is very smart and modern and welcoming. Whatever they are paying Paul, the manager, it is not enough as he is a great asset to this restaurant and inn.
The food was excellent and wine was reasonably priced.
My wife had the smoked salmon for starter which was excellent and I had the ribs, which were up there as possibly best ribs I have had and it was a huge portion. For the mains my wife had the Beef Strogonoff and I had the Sirloin Steak. (See photos) As I did not want potatoes or chips it came with a salad which was well presented. For dessert my wife had the New York Cheesecake which she loved but was unable to finish due to the size of the portions. I had the cheeseboard which was nicely presented with local cheeses and a glass of port.
Paul was very attentive throughout the night and is a great host.

We stayed the night here and would not hesitate in returning and it would be a great stopover if not for accommodation, then certainly for a meal, as it is not far off the M6.

Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

Based on our experience of this chain other pubs, thought we would give the New Holly a try - we were not disappointed! The pleasant & friendly staff made us feel very welcome. Service was very efficient and the complimentary warm rolls & butter was a nice touch. Food was excellent and even though we only planned on main courses, awe succumbed to puddings & coffee!

2  Thank Seawolf47
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Having been sent a letter from here offering me a free main course for my birthday i decided to take them up on the offer ,and it was well worth the visit, we were made to feel very welcome ,the service was excellent and my choice of parmesan crusted haddock loin was very good as was my partners choice of steak pie ,a very nice bottle of Pinotage was recommended to us by Andy who looked after us very well.Will look forward to going again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2013 via mobile

Booked a table for my husbands 50th birthday dinner at the new holly as it was not far from were we stayed at cleveleymere lodge, the food was presented very nice and it tasted good, we had a lovely night out and will be going back for more and will take some of our friends next time.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Good Friday early dinner for 6. 4 adults, 2 children. 12.50 av main course, 6 for children's main course.

Andy and Barbara were really good with our children - crayons and colouring books arrived quickly

Didn't love the garlic bread but mains of lamb, gammon and steak & merlot pie were cleared !!

Just about to order dessert ;)