“Very nice!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Don't be fooled buy the 'pubish' look of this place as the food is the standard of a top class restaurant! Our starters of duck pancakes were amazing and my steak was possibly the biggest I've ever had and cooked well. Service was good also. The one downside is the price as it is very expensive but I suppose you get what you pay for as like I said the food is lovely! If we visit this area again we will return.

Sean N, Manager at The New Holly, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks for all the positive feedback from your last visit. We know our product is fantastic, and we have wonderful staff working for us that really make us who we are. Our prices are higher than some other places - however as you said 'you get what you pay for' as we think our dishes are second to none.

We also do lots of deals throughout the week (and the quality of food is just as high) so look out for those in the future, or fill out one of our forms on your next visit to receive up to the minute offers direct.

manchester
“great place to eat”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Started to use the New Holly 18 months ago we have a caravan in the area, and I have to say the food, service, and all round eating experience is second to none, the food is always well cooked, hot, and well presented, the fish is "to die for" the staff are always friendly and helpful, look forward to many more meals in The New Holly

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank paul r
Sean N, Manager at The New Holly, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
And we look forward to exceeding your expectations and serving you our fantastic food many more times too!

Our staff were made up with your comments, its always great when they get a big pat off the back for all their hard work from one of our patrons.
“When we can”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Visited the new holly twice in one week Monday night and fri dinner. I eat here whenever possible as I've never had a bad time the place is smart the staff friendly and helpful the food is excellent.

Have been with family and friends and never had any problems.

The ambience is relaxing and you never feel rushed.

If I do have one little niggle the sweet choice isn't big enough but I am a sweet tooth saying this I never have room for a sweet but one day you never know.

Thank again to the staff for an enjoyable time.

Hi Simmo90,

Thanks for taking the time to write such kind words. We always look forward to your visit, hopefully the next one will be soon.
Preston, United Kingdom
“Obviously don't need Custom”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

As locals we went in personally today to try to book for a party of 10 for Sunday Lunch this afternoon. but after a scowl from the member of staff we spoke to about the numbers we were told that a party of 10 needed pre booking.

When it was explained that the the rest of the party was on its way from Manchester the reply was that we could book if we wanted to, but the service would be very slow for such a number.

Not wanting to put them out or overwhelm the kitchen, we left and booked elsewhere locally where we had a fabulous meal.

We know this company well and have been regulars at other sister outlets in the past, but the attitude to our significant booking here at our nearest member of the group was so casual, offhand and disinterested that we think that some training in customer service might help them to succeed better or perhaps it is just that they are so busy that it doesn't matter?

Our rating is therefore not based upon the food, which we never got to try, but solely on the lack of customer service when we attempted to book!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank davidlewis063
Sean N, Manager at The New Holly, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Posted on behalf of the member of staff you dealt with on the morning in question.

'I was the member of staff that you spoke to on Sunday morning. I apologise for the initial confusion as I wasn't expecting you when you came to the back door of the venue, normally only used by staff.

I would like to just say sorry that you felt you were putting us out. You asked if a party of 10 would be ok and I kindly said yes that is fine and stated that due to it being too short notice for a pre-order that food may take a little longer to be served than it would if the kitchen had a pre order from you. This was meant merely as a polite warning to you. I did try to explain this to you but I think you must have misinterpreted what I said by this point as you were walking off without letting me finish.

Whenever we take bookings from parties of anything of 10 people or more we always ask for a pre order if possible. We send out an email with a copy of our menu attached and ask for a reply with a list of what people would like to eat. This process always helps the kitchen team and front of house team so that service runs a lot more smoothly and quickly. It isn’t just for our benefit but the customer’s enjoyment too. This is especially useful during busier periods such as a Sunday afternoon service. If we cant get a pre-order then we of course would never turn business away and would still accept a booking.

I do hope that you would give us another chance to prove ourselves sometime in the near future and apologise once again for the misunderstanding.'
poulton
“Good for appetites”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Huge portions of good food and frustrating if you cannot manage to eat it all as its really tasty..Cant fault anything other than I wish I could eat it all.

• Visited May 2014
Sean N, Manager at The New Holly, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We are glad that we filled you up with our fantastic food and drink! You know what to expect next time so you can build up a bigger appetite before coming to pay us a visit! We look forward to exceeding your expectations again soon.