“Very good experience”

Neighbourhood: Mitte
Timisoara, Romania
“Very good experience”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I saw other people's reviews but I can't share their feeling. Or maybe we were lucky, I don't know.
I was there this weekend and we experienced a delicious meal, a very friendly service and a desert from the house.
The place also looks nice and the seats are very comfortable.
The prices are a bit high for Germany (paid 40 Euros for 2 persons: 2 main dishes, a portion of garlic nan, a coke and a small beer). The nan bread is very small and costs 3.20 Euros. I had double the quantity and same quality for 2 Euros.
I don't know if I'll return there because of the prices.
Anyhow ... much better than Shalimar. Next Indian on my list is Himalaya.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Bupitz

• Arabic first
Vadodara, India
“taste of India”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Good Indian food :) far away from home!! :) the ambiance is quite good.. the staff is friendly and the service is quick!

Visited May 2013
Hannover, Germany
“Disappointing experience”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I had visited this restaurant on Mothers day (12th May 2013) hoping to give my wife and my children a good treat. Unfortunately, it was one of the most disappointing experience. The quality of the food was terrible. The service was shocking. Even after waiting for 30 minutes for a cup of chai (tea), they were not able to provide. In the end, I was told that the restaurant was being closed at 15:00hrs. I will NEVER recommend this place to anybody.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank JJs_Hannover
Frankfurt, Germany
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Other reviewers have already commented on the poor service, which, sadly, I can only echo. I was there very early in the evening, so did not experience much delay, but the story would have been different only 30 minutes later.
I have definitely had much better Indian food, even in Hanover (restaurant Himalaya), however, my standard choice for a first visit, Chicken Vindaloo, Raita was edible, even if I felt I could have produced more authentic dishes myself. I was disappointed in the food and the prices and will not be going back, as there is no guarantee of enjoying the experience of eavesdropping the conversation at the next table, which made the meal bearable.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank fjh269
uk
“Seen more culinary artistry in a curry stain on my shirt”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The service in this place just stinks!...The worst culprit is the so called manager whose attitude was a real stinker, on par with a fungal infested rotten toe or a well matured full bodied disintegrated pile of $#!T ....I can not emphasise how bad the attitude was in any other words! To truly appreciate the food you would have to down a few litres of vodka or a concoction of alcohols to ensure you have no recollection the next day of the monstrous torture you have dragged your poor sorry taste buds through. No menus, no prices, the manager loves to order the food for you, and then abuse you when it does not arrive!.... The food looks all the same, tastes all the same, you would get more flavour from licking a two week old curry stain from your shirt. All in all if you like getting abused and waiting for food which never arrives and then getting ripped off with the prices, then hey you have found your place!..Go along and enjoy the vast culinary delights of the the Taj Mahal.....where the magic of the east is served with dashings of bad attitude, a mouthful of foulness with a garnish of discontent.

• Visited March 2013