“Leonardo - Airport Hanover”

Leonardo Hotel Hannover Airport
Ranked #5 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in this hotel and very comfortable they were. I was unsure about a hotel so close to the Airport, but wanted the facilities of the swimming pool and fitness room, so booked anyway. When we arrived at Hanover airport I went to the Information Office to ask how to get to the hotel, they called the Hotel and a minibus came and picked us up (they took us back as well). We had a very pleasant lunch, although it was pricey - but you could have as much as you wanted as it was a hot and cold buffet. Puddings were delicious. The Reception staff were very helpful and gave us directions to the train station and the train number to get into the main railway station in the centre of Hanover (10 min slow walk). Trains were on time, and the station was easy to negotiate - you just have to remember to validate your ticket before travelling, using one of the machines on the platform. We had room service breakfast everyday (American Breakfast), as this was cheaper than going into the restaurant; there was plenty - in fact we made rolls for lunch as well, 2 meals for 16 euro! The swimming pool was lovely, we could not make the sauna work, but it was warm, the fitness room was all cardio, but OK. The bar area is very pleasant and most nights was well populated, so we didn't feel awkward sitting there. There is a free computer and printer in the main reception area, but you do have to wait, or you can book time on another computer and pay. WiFi access is free, if you sign up to their 'club', although you do have to ask about it and you have to get new passwords everyday, but it works - you can pay for the access, but why would you?
On the whole we enjoyed our time at the Hotel and plan to go back.

Room Tip: We were over the front of the hotel so we had the carpark underneath our window, and a busy road beh...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I went there for a business trip, staying there for 2 nights.
First of all, my room was a smoking one, very annoying for a non-smoker, and I did the mistake to wait one hour before asking to change it. At that point, it was not possible anymore...
Then, during the dinner (good quality I have to say) I did another bad mistake: I ordered 2 bottles of still water without looking for the price in the menu. When the bill arrived, I had the surprise: 14€ (FOURTEEN!!!) for 2 bottles of 0.7 liters each: exactly TEN euros per liter!!!
Obviously the beer would have been cheaper. Good to know.
Last but not least, wifi is NOT free: they ask something like 5€ per hour, quite annoying for a business hotel.
I think that the next time I'll go in another place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Zetapi
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I spent in this hotel 2 nights. It is walking distance from the airport. Also it is handy to catch S5 train to the Hannover city centre if you want to visit the town.
Hotel has equal amount of smoking and non-smoking rooms so be careful when you check-in as you might end up in smoking room as a non-smoker. I had to change my room. Room is spacious with nice bathroom (hairdryer), flat TV, comfortable beds, just they charge for Internet extra which I find disgraceful. Nowadays Internet is nothing special and should be for free. They offer very rich breakfast buffet. Everybody can find something nice. Everything is fresh and very tasty. Hotel has swimming pool (tiny) and sauna. I think that parking is for free.
I had a dinner in the hotel restaurant. Starter: beef carpaccio was amazing. Fillet steak also fabulous just pepper sauce was awful and I sent it back to the kitchen. They need to learn how to make proper pepper sauces. Also garlic baguette had no garlic. So I refused easting it. Perhaps, cook had a bad day but still for the prices they charge this should not happen. Garlic baguette with no garlic!!!
Generally it is very nice hotel with fantastic location and breakfast served. But if you want to have a dinner, go to the airport to Movenpick restaurant. You will find there delicious food and decent prices.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Agusia01
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed here one night after arriving late in the evening at Hannover Airport. The hotel is close to the airport but not well signposted. The room was comfortable and I slept well. However breakfast was expensive, and wi-fi was fourteen Euros per day or night. In 2013 this level of charge for wi-fi in a business-oriented hotel is unacceptable - the equivalent of charging for use of the toilet or to take a shower.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed here for good access to Hannover airport but it is somewhat isolated from any good restaurants. The rooms are all large and airy, very clean and ver comfortable. A nice touch is the toiletries on arrival in a travel style kit which is far better than the usual hotel shampoo, this has deodorant, shower gel and moisturiser which is excellent after a long trip and far more practical than the norm. Down side is the wi-fi is expensive and food and drink in the bar is far too expensive, €7 euro for a bottle of water is ridiculous, I don't care wether its gourmet!!!!!

However, the hotel is 100 metres from the terminal and can easily be walked and the train station is next to the terminal. 15 minutes and your in Hannover City a taxi is about the same and is approx €30 so the train is better at approx €5.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Average airport hotel with very expensive wifi connection.
Breakfast very rich and various. Bathrooms equipped with bath, not only shower as is customary.
Airport you can reach by foot in 5 minutes (terminal), dont need taxi.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Had to stay overnight due to work. Very easy access to and from airport. Transport was also 1st class. Rooms are nice and spacious. Breakfast is very nice,good choice of full English and continental. Staff are friendly and helpful.
Nice and clean hotel.