“Good hotel with great service!”

Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark
Ranked #27 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed 13 May 2013

In March 2013, my boyfriend and I (in our late twenties) stayed at the Congress Hotel am Stadtpark for two nights. We were very satisfied with our stay. Our room (1301 – Superior Room) was quite spacious, nicely decorated and clean. The view from the 13th floor was nice, too.

The hotel’s location is great for both shopping (it’s a 10-minutes tram ride to the city center) and a visit of Hannover Zoo (it’s a 15-minutes-walk). There is plenty of free parking right in front of the hotel and we were able to leave or car there even after check-out. Internet was at a little extra cost.

We really enjoyed the friendliness of the staff.

Breakfast was great with various things to choose from. We also had dinner at the bistro as well as room service – and were very satisfied with both the food and service.

The pool on the 17th floor can be used at no extra charge which was a plus.

In conclusion, we would recommend this hotel and when we return to Hannover, we will definitely consider staying at Congress Hotel am Stadtpark again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
CordKelle, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Guests, Thank you very much for your stay and your warm feedback. Wie are very happy that you recommend our hotel. Best wishes, Cord Kelle, GM

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past fortnight. It ticked some of my boxes when looking for accommodation in Hannover.
The staff are pleasant and helpful, but do not offer information voluntarily, although if you ask, you do get what you need.
The hotel is situated in a green and pleasant area directly adjacent to the Congress centre and about 20 minutes' walk from the city centre. It is also close to the number 11 underground stop. Despite its rather unattractive architecture (think 70s high-rise flats) the interior is comfortable. The single rooms, however, are VERY small and the smallest of these is really no bigger than a large cupboard with a single bed. I did have a renovated single economy on my first trip, but was disappointed at the lack of space and cupboard space. The shower room was functional, but again very small. On my second stay I had a larger single room with a bigger bed, more floor space and more room to put clothes etc. If you are booking online look for a "plus" after the room description as this means the room has been recently renovated.
I was surprised that a hotel with its own (small) pool did not automatically supply bathrobes, although these are available from reception - on request, but did supply slippers. There are also some toiletries in the bathroom, but very much geared to the male traveller. There is a combined shampoo/shower gel dispenser in the shower, which reminded me more of a 3* rathern than a 4* hotel. However, these are minor issues. If you are on business or attending a conference or trade fair the hotel is more than adequate.
Breakfast is very good with a wide range of foods on offer. Service starts at 06:30, which is good for those needing an early start. The breakfast room is then fairly quiet, but does get full and busy quickly. There is a small menu available in the bar/room service. Pricing is fair and the helpings are generous. The food is not gourmet, but the fish and salad I had were very fresh and well-prepared.

Room Tip: A plus after the room description indicates one of the renovated rooms. Rooms on the eastern side te...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
CordKelle, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Traveller,
Many thanks for your stays at Congress Hotel am Stadtpark and your feedback. Regarding our rooms you are right that the "Plus" rooms are renovated. Please have a look at the internet booking sites etc regarding the room categories and room sizes. We offer different categories with different room sizes. I gues that you booked "Single Room Economy Plus". This is a small single room with 9sm plus bath room. The next bigger one is "Single Room Classic Plus" with 16sm plus bath room or "Double Room Classic Plus" with 20sm plus bath. So there are different rooms for different budgets.
Separate shampoo/shower gel flacons and the bathrobes we offer in our "Superior Categories". Please understand that we are not able to offer these amenities with the given costs in our standard categories with the smaler prizes.
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact me. I am looking forward to welcome you again.
Best wishes

Reviewed 28 January 2013

I stayed in that hotel many times due to my business trips to Hannover. It is located not just in the center, but you can reach the center by buses (10 min ride) or tram. The bus and tram stops are located in 200 m from the hotels. The park is nearby and the zoo is located accross the streeet in 5-10 min walk. The breakfast is good. The rooms were clean and there is a good soundproofing. There is a good hotel bar on the ground floor. There might be one disadvantage for the people who prefer to sleep with the open window, like myself: the tram line is nearby. The S-bann railway line is located from the opposite side in 200-300 meters. So it might be noisy if the window is open.

Room Tip: higher floors are less noisy
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
CordKelle, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Dear traveler,
Thank you for your visit and review. We are glad that you are one of our regular guests. As you have found our hotel, despite a green area a convenient location, which unfortunately also brings traffic noises with it. In this case we have used soundproof windows and air conditioning in the rooms. We look forward to your next visit.
Greetings,

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I booked with booking.com and comments talked very well from this hotel, I am staying now in Room 309 (from those rooms not renovated) with 2 heaters because I am freezing.
Really cold, after asking reception to change room, no reply. I think that if they put photos should be real or at least they should say "some rooms are not renovated". The photos you show in the web are probably from renovated rooms

Room Tip: Please make sure that you get RENOVATED room
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank SAULA-BARCELONA
CordKelle, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Guest, Dear Mrs. and Mr.,
Thank you for your stay, Mr., and our personal meeting after your first night. We came in touch via our facebook fan page after you made a post. After our meeting we changed your category and moved your room in a renovated room in the 7th floor.

Again I feel very sorry for the inconvenience of the broken heater and the misunderstanding reagarding the categories. My team helped you after your arrival with a mobile heater. After that both heaters worked.

As we cleared out there are no wrong pictures in the system of booking.com. In your confirmation of booking.com there was documented category "Klassik Doppel-/Zweibettzimmer". In this non renovated category there are the pictures of the non renovated rooms. Please see this link for the correct pics: http://k-urz.de/5DD

We only have 36 non renovated rooms left and 222 rooms which are renovated. These renovated rooms have the addition "Plus".

Because the two of us personally could clarify the problems, I would be very happy if you mention in retrospect, that we do not use fake pictures. Thank you.

If your have any questions please contact me. You received my business card. Hope to welcome you again.

Best wishes

Reviewed 19 December 2012

I have spent many days and even more nights :-) at Congress Hotel am Stadtpark since 2000. It is a typical well organized German hotel. It gives not more and not less than one can expect from a 4 star hotel. The rooms are comfortable, well equipped. The bathroom is clean and comfortable.
The elevators do not come too quickly sometimes.
There is a tasty, big selection of foods in the breakfast room. It is more or less remained the same during the years, but one can choose anything from scrambled egg, sausages, through smoked fish to fruits etc. And of course a fine selection of white and brown breads and rolls.
The swimming pool is proper for some refreshing. The Stadtpark is a very nice area for walking and/or running. You can also find a running map in the room or at the reception. The nearest tram stop is approx. 150 meters from the entrance. You can reach the city by tram in 10 minutes.
The zoo is approx. 500 m or one tram station from the hotel.
If you come by car, the motorways are really close.
I do not really like the style of some staff member, but it happens everywhere. Sometimes I also see the "good" shift.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
CordKelle, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dear Traveller,
Mann, many thanks for your stays and your nice feedback. Hope to see you again.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 9 December 2012

We found the hotel very comfortable, nice and friendly people, excellent breakfast , room clean and quiet, we will chose the same hotel next time we are back in Hannover, also very easy to travel to the city centre using the public transport, the bus stop is just outside the hotel...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
CordKelle, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your stay and your warm feedback. I am very happy to read your opion. For us it is nice to hear that you liked your stay in Congress Hotel am Stadtpark and that you recommend our services such as staff, location or breakfast buffet.
Many greetings to your wonderful city of Bergamo in which I travelled in this summer. It was great. Kindest regards, Cord Kelle, General Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Not so good:
- No AC and the radiator takes quite a while to get warm (I have been there in winter)

Good:
- Standard rooms are OK and up to standard
- Reasonably-priced hotel bar

Great:
- Breakfast with a lot of choices and very friendly personnel whose smiles really helped me kickstart the day

All in all: Good hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
CordKelle, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear Visitor,

Thank you very much for your stay and your feedback. Sorry for the AC and radiator problem. I feel very sorry for it. We have and will solve it.

Many greets,