“Good Hotel but pricey”

Ranked #21 of 161 Hotels in Hannover
Congleton, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel but pricey”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Hotel, location and facilities are good and restaurant is excellent, staff very pleasant and helpful apart from the grumpy waitress on the first night (but was charming the next!)
Main drawback I would say is the accommodation is overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DrocEllek, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your stay and your review. We are happy to welcome you back. Best wishes, Cord Kelle, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Polish first
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Overall, a very comfortable stay. Stayed 3 nights.
The rooms are standard size but new and very clean. The bed is large and comfortable. Nice breakfast.
Everything worked perfectly from check in to check out.
The restaurant in the lobby level is surprisingly good. I did not expect that. Good food, good service.
The hotel is a bit remote for someone without a car but the tram station is very near and convenient.
I suggest hanging the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Otherwise, the overly aggressive (and efficient) housekeeping staff may enter your room with barely a knock, as early as 7am.

I would it give it a 5 if the wifi was free. Today, charging for wifi is like charging for running water.

Room Tip: I suggest hanging the Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Otherwise, the overly aggressive (and efficie...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
DrocEllek, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your stay and your warm review. We also thank you very much for your hints. We spoke to our housekeeping team. Regarding the free wifi I have to say that it is not standard in Germany out of our latest benchmark. Our wifi rates are 9,50€ per 24h with log on and log off mode. Best wishes, Cord Kelle, General Manager
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 9 February 2014

The receptionist demanded that I pay upfront when I checked in. What hotel does this? I had forgotton my credit card and my visa electron would not work, so I gave my credit card details and said that I would sort payment out the next day. Due to work reasons, I was not able to meet with the receptionist the next day (I was booked into the hotel for 5 days), and then the following evening when I got back from work there was a letter in my room notifying me that the hotel had decided to charge my credit card without my permission. I assume I represented a flight risk to them. Nice! I would stongly advise against staying in Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark. They made me feel like a criminal.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mike H
DrocEllek, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Mr. H.,
Thanks for your stay. I think it is important to have a second opinion regarding your review. For us it is normal to have a pre-payment on arrival if your company does not pay the bill. Your booking company made the mistake and we had no information that they will pay. In Addition we waited four days for your feedback. As you did not show up we charged your credit card. We had no chance to get in touch with you. I waited for you on wednesday night and you did not come along. So it is hard for me to accept your version that we have a bad customer service. I feel very sorry for the misunterstanding. Greetings, Cord Kelle, General Manager
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 26 January 2014

+ Hotel has moved restorant from Congress Hall directly to the hotel. Good menu, reasonable prices, perfect service (special thanks to waitress Sarah :) ). Convenient location - just four stops from the city center on line 11.

- Paid wi-fi with artful rule - you must logout after work otherwise timer will count your minutes even with turned off computer...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
DrocEllek, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Guest, dear tripadvisor-user,

Many thanks for your nice feedback for our team!! They thank you very much. Also thanks for your hint reg. the wifi.

Best wishes,
Cord Kelle
Stockport
Reviewed 14 January 2014

A nice hotel situated about 30 minutes walk from the city centre. The rooms was small and basic but the room spotlessly clean. Staff were friendly and helpful even offering to come out for a beer with me and my colleague. There is also a small pool and Spa area which is nice to relax and unwind

Would definitely stay again and they do a lovely breakfast

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
DrocEllek, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your stay and your review. We are very happy with your remommendation. Best wishes, Cord Kelle, General Manager
Bloemendaal, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This is a very good business hotel which has been renovated recently. The restaurant in the lobby is very good and has a good atmosphere with symphatic staff. The breakfast is very good but highly overpriced. The wifi should be free when you are a business hotel so that is not good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
DrocEllek, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this review, 30 November 2013
Dear Tripadvisor-User,
Many thanks for your stay and your warm feedback regarding our hotel, our staff and our services. Best wishes, Cord Kelle, General Manager
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I stayed while attending a recent trade show in Hannover. This is the second time I stayed at this hotel. The lobby is very small and currently under renovations, so there is no restaurant or bar. The rooms are very small for the price paid. The breakfast offering is above average. Bigger issue is that there is not much around in the way of restaurants to eat at, so you take a taxi or walk to find something to eat.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
CordKelle, Manager at Congress Hotel Am Stadtpark, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear traveller,

Many thanks for 2nd booking our hotel and giving us your helpful feedback. We hope that you enjoyed your stay.

Please ask for our bigger Classic Plus rooms. Perhaps you had an Economy room.

Our lobby now is finished with renovations and now we have a brand new Bar and Restaurant.

Best wishes