“it was everything I had expected”

Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee
Ranked #38 of 161 Hotels in Hannover
Nova Scotia
“it was everything I had expected”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I chose this hotel, because I had to attend a meeting there and was pleasantly surprised with what it had to offer. The price I paid was also very good (I had booked it online at a special rate)
I traveled by public transport and it was easy to reach from the main station. It took about 20 minutes or so by tramway.
The hotel itself featured a restaurant (which I didn't use, so can't comment on it). My room was overlooking a residential area, and it was very quiet. The bed was good, however there was just a down duvet , which was too warm for me, so I had to strip the duvet cover from it and just cover myself with that. I hope that in summer they exchange the bedding for just sheets and a blanket.
The room and bathroom was very clean. The only thing that I found odd was that they would charge for WiFi. Coming from North America, where free WiFi is standard, it was a bit of a surprise to have to pay for it. There is not much in the neighborhood in terms of amenities like pubs or restaurants, just a gas station across the road. If I had business to do in that area , I would definitely go back.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
ParkInn_Hannover, Manager at Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear guest, we appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson Hannover we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area! Sincerely, Management.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Settala, Italy
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Perfect solution for business trip. Excellent breakfast, good position, enough parking availability, excellent staff and nice restaurant. Comfortable bar for a good beer together with colleagues and customers.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
ParkInn_Hannover, Manager at Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Dear Maurizio,

thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay in our hotel. We are pleased that you felt completely comfortable and look forward to welcoming you again soon as a guest in the Park Inn by Radisson Hannover.

Kind regards,
Management
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Clean and quite hotel with excellent value for business travel. Convenient access is given via public transit and personal vehicle. Breakfast and dinner are reasonably priced and are recommendable. Internet access is relatively fast, well priced and reliable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Deutsche Bahn

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This was my first time in a Park Inn chain hotel and was impressed. It is 20 minutes from central Hannover by tram (it leaves from the basement of the main train station). I chose it because hotels of a similar standard in the centre were more expensive. The tram stop is across the road.

When I entered my room, I was knocked back by its size. Later in my trip, I stayed at a Park Inn in Cologne and this room was twice the size. I had two beds, a kettle, coffee and tea. I even had a backlight display cabinet. The room was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large with a tub and hairdryer.

The breakfast was extensive with a wide choice of rolls, bread, fruit, cereals, cheese and meat. The waiter was attentive and always brought fresh coffee as soon as I sat down.

My only concern was the safety of the electric kettle. It was not possible to detach the lead from body so I had to fill it at the sink with the cable still attached. My other criticism is the bedding. The pillow is quite lightweight and there is just a light quilt. It has no cover, so I hope these are thoroughly washed after each guest. You don’t get sheets. There were no additional blankets in the cupboard.

I like Park Inn hotels and will definitely choose them again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Pepe S
Gdansk, Poland
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Their system is totally unfittable to the 4 stars hotel or to a hotel noted by e.g. booking.com . If You book hotel by e.g.booking.com or hotels.pl then You can not be sure that You get Your room because reception will not be informed - system will let them know in the morning ab. 8:00 only. so we were lucky because receptionist told us that she has just 3 rooms left and no any reservation from our side (2 rooms) - it is not first time in Radisson - but it seems they dont care. Internet is charged additionally what hotel such class should not do - in my opinion.
Rooms comfortable as usually.
Breakfast very good.
Cofee aweful as usually.

Room Tip: book Your hotel until 17:00
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JacekBJ
Tervuren, Belgium
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The clerk in the reception was an intern which could not help us and even though the manager name was written as 'on duty' she called her manager to ask for help.
The room was not very nice compared to other Park Inns.
We waited for a while for staff to clean the table and they were not smiling. i did not feel comfortable to ask something. A smiling face can compensate even a bad service andI could not find this in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank GP_Brussels

Travellers are raving about these Hannover hotels

Hannover
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The breakfast was very, very good! A lot of different types of food and a lot of choices. The service was good, the people where very kind and helpfull. The hotel is clean, modern and have big one-person beds. Please take your own pillow,with you, because the pillows in the hotel where too soft and too small. Our room was clean and cleaned every morning, also the bathroom. Very nice! There is also a tramstation across the street to take you to the centre of Hannover in only 15 minutes.

Unfortunaltely there was no free internet/wifi.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends