“Not good, especially for business travellers”

Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee
Ranked #40 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I spent one night here in February for a business trip. The surrounding area is not nice and very inconvenient to the center of Hannover. Definitely not a vacation destination.

As this was for business I tried connecting my iPad and Laptop to the internet. First the iPad - name and room number - all OK. When I tried connecting my laptop it indicated I was already logged in. I called the reception to ask for a workaround and I am told I need to go down to the lobby. After explaining that having to walk to the lobby to connect to the internet is annoying I hed to the reception. I am then told that I have to purchase another internet day for the 2nd device. Total for ~12 hours of internet... 34 Euros!

Needless to say I will not be coming back to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
HAJPD_Direktion, Manager at Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear guest,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Inn we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations.

Sincerely hotel management

Reviewed 26 November 2013

This hotel was good, bed comfortable but the room smelled a bit. Not like smoke but more just like stinky food or some aroma. Otherwise was a very nice stay. Our room had a nice couch to sit on. The restraint was very expensive and not all that good however we only ate breakfast there. By the way, the beds in Germany have two separate duvet covers - one for each side of the bed AND no top sheet! that's how they do it in Germany.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
HAJPD_Direktion, Manager at Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear guest,

Sincerely management

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I chose this hotel, because I had to attend a meeting there and was pleasantly surprised with what it had to offer. The price I paid was also very good (I had booked it online at a special rate)
I traveled by public transport and it was easy to reach from the main station. It took about 20 minutes or so by tramway.
The hotel itself featured a restaurant (which I didn't use, so can't comment on it). My room was overlooking a residential area, and it was very quiet. The bed was good, however there was just a down duvet , which was too warm for me, so I had to strip the duvet cover from it and just cover myself with that. I hope that in summer they exchange the bedding for just sheets and a blanket.
The room and bathroom was very clean. The only thing that I found odd was that they would charge for WiFi. Coming from North America, where free WiFi is standard, it was a bit of a surprise to have to pay for it. There is not much in the neighborhood in terms of amenities like pubs or restaurants, just a gas station across the road. If I had business to do in that area , I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
ParkInn_Hannover, Manager at Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear guest, we appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson Hannover we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area! Sincerely, Management.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

Perfect solution for business trip. Excellent breakfast, good position, enough parking availability, excellent staff and nice restaurant. Comfortable bar for a good beer together with colleagues and customers.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
ParkInn_Hannover, Manager at Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Dear Maurizio,

thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay in our hotel. We are pleased that you felt completely comfortable and look forward to welcoming you again soon as a guest in the Park Inn by Radisson Hannover.

Kind regards,
Management

A TripAdvisor Member
Edmonton, Alberta, Kanada
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Clean and quite hotel with excellent value for business travel. Convenient access is given via public transit and personal vehicle. Breakfast and dinner are reasonably priced and are recommendable. Internet access is relatively fast, well priced and reliable.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Deutsche Bahn
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 October 2012

This was my first time in a Park Inn chain hotel and was impressed. It is 20 minutes from central Hannover by tram (it leaves from the basement of the main train station). I chose it because hotels of a similar standard in the centre were more expensive. The tram stop is across the road.

When I entered my room, I was knocked back by its size. Later in my trip, I stayed at a Park Inn in Cologne and this room was twice the size. I had two beds, a kettle, coffee and tea. I even had a backlight display cabinet. The room was extremely comfortable. The bathroom was large with a tub and hairdryer.

The breakfast was extensive with a wide choice of rolls, bread, fruit, cereals, cheese and meat. The waiter was attentive and always brought fresh coffee as soon as I sat down.

My only concern was the safety of the electric kettle. It was not possible to detach the lead from body so I had to fill it at the sink with the cable still attached. My other criticism is the bedding. The pillow is quite lightweight and there is just a light quilt. It has no cover, so I hope these are thoroughly washed after each guest. You don’t get sheets. There were no additional blankets in the cupboard.

I like Park Inn hotels and will definitely choose them again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pepe S
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Their system is totally unfittable to the 4 stars hotel or to a hotel noted by e.g. booking.com . If You book hotel by e.g.booking.com or hotels.pl then You can not be sure that You get Your room because reception will not be informed - system will let them know in the morning ab. 8:00 only. so we were lucky because receptionist told us that she has just 3 rooms left and no any reservation from our side (2 rooms) - it is not first time in Radisson - but it seems they dont care. Internet is charged additionally what hotel such class should not do - in my opinion.
Rooms comfortable as usually.
Breakfast very good.
Cofee aweful as usually.

Room Tip: book Your hotel until 17:00