“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #32 of 161 Hotels in Hannover
VA
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2009

As a frequent traveller for business I stay at many hotels throughout the world and my two-week stay at the Foehrenhof was an excellent experience. Great staff, clean and comfotable with a very good restaurant. Free internet is a plus.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank djcam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

The hotel is located on the north-eastern edge of the city very close to the main A2 east-west autobahn, and about 20 minutes from the airport. I was working nearby, the reason I stayed there, but it is obviously not so convenient for the city centre although it is immediately adjacent to a tram stop with a frequent service to the centre. I had a single room which was a bit on the small side, but it was well fitted out as was the hotel generally. There is a nice restaurant with an excellent buffet breakfast. You can get lunch and dinner there too (useful as there aren't many nearby restaurants) but I didn't try these. Altogether a nice hotel that is pretty good value for money.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
2 Thank BlackfordV
Spartanburg, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2007

I recently stayed at Der Föhrenhof in Hannover during the EMO trade show. It’s located about 40 minutes away from the fair grounds and 20 miles from town center.

I was a little apprehensive straying in a 3 star Hotel, especially when 3 stars In Europe can easily mean 2 or less in the US. But at first the rating seemed fair enough. The rooms were very clean, although a bit cramped and no closet space, but some hangers and a small cabinet. Unfortunately, everything after that went down hill.

First I learned Body soap and Shampoo comes from the same squeeze bottle mounted on the wall. The Internet Access advertised on the web costs8 Euro an hour or 68 Euro a week. Then the manager walked in on my wife and I, not once, but twice while we were taking a nap. Why didn’t you bolt the door you say? Well, there are no real bolts on the doors, nor a chain, or even a wedge. Apparently, I didn’t raise my door handle properly to bolt it. But the manager walking in on me has never been an issue before.

To complete our stay, while checking out, the lady at the front desk asked if we ate breakfast at the hotel, to which I replied, sure! It was free! The restaurant staff told me each morning they took our room number, and it’s also advertised on their web site. She then informed me that since I booked my room through the Internet, our continental breakfast was 24 Euro a day.

That was quite the kicker having to pay $30 US Dollars a day for mere continental breakfast for my wife and I. Later I found out I wasn’t the only one. Apparently, they forgot to tell other guests of the charge.

If you are still wondering how I liked this hotel, let me make it perfectly clear. I wouldn’t stay at the Best Western Hotel Der Föhrenhof in Hannover if it was free, and included the breakfast! What a blatant rip-off!

So if for some wild reason you still want to stay at this hotel; get everything down in writing, bring your own soap and shampoo, and a nice wedge to bolt your door shut.

Stayed September 2007
4 Thank Fluter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hannover
Mercure Hotel Hannover Oldenburger Allee
#3 of 6 in Isernhagen
Hotel Viva Creativo
Hotel Viva Creativo
#39 of 161 in Hannover

Been to Best Western Hotel Der Foehrenhof? Share your experiences!