Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel
US$325
US$406
US$366
  • Restaurant
Mercure Hotel Hannover Mitte(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$175
  • Restaurant
Hotel Loccumer Hof(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$146
  • Restaurant
DORMERO Hotel Hannover(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$375
US$277
  • Restaurant
Mercure Hotel Hannover City(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$185
Hotel Amadeus(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$118
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Suites Hannover City(Hannover)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Bar/Lounge
US$237
US$201
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewspen factoryhigh ceilingsthe club loungeinteresting hotelfabulous hotelcigar barstarwood platinumamazing gymdated hoteljunior suitebusiness hotelthe hotel stafftram linenice bartrade showon demandspecial thanks
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I wish I could rate the property and my experience, but unfortunately I had a family emergency that prevented me from making the trip. I had planned on visiting for the Hannover Fair and they had a cancellation policy of about two weeks before my stay. I worked back and forth with the hotel manager trying to get a refund for the stay (because I was one week away from my stay . . . and past the cancellation deadline) due to the unusual circumstances, but he would not budge. They were able to refund one nights stay, but not both . . . which basically cost me $600 USD.

This could have been so simple for the hotel to do, and they "CHOSE" not to. The hotel manager definitely could have made the choice to issue a full refund, unfortunately he did not . . . and because of that, and that fact alone, I will never stay at this property and encourage everyone to make the same choice.

In a world where hotels are working for your business and to keep you as repeat customers, this seems counterintuitive. Save yourself the aggravation and stay somewhere else in you are in Hannover. I hear the Central Hotel is fantastic, as well as the the Grand Hotel Mussmann . . . and are more centrally located.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick P
Jana W, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Nick P,

Thank you for your constructive comment. We as a hotel are always trying to do our best satisfying our guests. Due to our global Standards we are bound to Starwoods cancellation policies and their restrictions. I am very sorry that you have been unable stay at our Hotel in Hannover and you have experienced all the trouble around your trip. We kindly ask for your understanding and offer you to contact us at jana.wienecke(at)sheraton.com to give us a chance to conclude your incident personally.

Thanks again for your review and the time you have taken yourself, to share your experiences here.

Best regards from Hannover,

Executive Secretary

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here a few nights and the rooms were a good size and everything I needed. The hotel itself is pleasant and retains features from the factory. I used the tram several times as well and it was easy to navigate into the centre of Hannover and back. The Whisky collection in the bar is splendid!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Jana W, Direktionsbüro at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Dubaiuaetravel,

thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to know, that you have enjoyed your visit and that everything was to your satisfaction.

We look forward welcoming you back to the Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

General Managers Office

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stay here each time I come here on business. The old pen factory in which this hotel is housed gives the building an interesting aspect. Rooms with high ceilings and last time I had a good view of all the bricks and their interesting colours that made up this old factory.
A short tram ride into town gives this hotel a good location. I didn't eat or drink here but there is a bar opposite that does cocktails and loud music, which my colleagues visited.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear SueWithaView,

Thank you very much for being our guest and for sharing your comments about your recent stay on TripAdvisor. It is great to see that you were happy with your room and the special ambience of our hotel, which combines clean design with nostalgic charm.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us, we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

General Managers Office

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stay at the Sheraton Pelikan each time I am in Hannover.

Positives:
1) Nice rooms: The hotel is located in the former Pelikan (fountain pen) factory. Rooms thus have very high ceilings. Room design is contemporary. If you are a member of the Starwood Preferred Guest Loyalty program, there is a good likelihood of a suite upgrade.
2) Friendly, personal service. As a repeat guest, staff will remember you and greet you by name.
3) Good breakfast, with a choice of fresh fruit, juices, pastries etc.
4) Quite convenient location. The hotel is not in the city center, but there is a nice bar right opposite and a few good restaurants in the surrounding area

Negatives
Nothing major. Service at breakfast could be a bit better (sometimes need to chase the coffee...)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights during Agritechnika fair. That might affect of price tag. Room was perfect although shower room was little. Sleeping comfort was very good. They offers car park with 17€/day which is ok if you consider to have your car in safe. Wifi pricing was out-of-range to me, they only offered free wifi in the lobby on designated area. Very inconvenient. Breakfast buffet was good but I would have liked to have more fresh wedgetables. Staff was always very helpful and nice. I would stay in this place again, perhaps next time during next Agritechnika. Gym at next door was available for hotel guest free of charge. Very good one.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business