“Very nice business hotel!”

Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel
Ranked #21 of 161 Hotels in Hannover
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Very nice business hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Disappointed to have to pay for both WiFi and parking, but otherwise, and very nice hotel. Our room was on the fourth floor, with the elevator going only to the third. Found a decent Balkan restaurant nearby, when the close Italian restaurant closed early. Only complaint would be the cost of parking!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jana W, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear rohausser,

Thank you very much for your great review of your stay at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel.We are very happy to know, that you have enjoyed your visit. The long history of the building as a factory left some architectural challenges, such as the 4th floor without having a elevator. Regarding your disappointment about parking fee we would like to inform you that the parking garage is a public one. For your next stay please contact the reception for free parking areas close the hotel.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back at Sheraton in the near future. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay even more comfortable, feel free to contact me at any time.

Executive Secretary

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

One of my first experiences in Germany was in Hannover, where I had a summer job (Praktikum) in the early 1980's at a company in northern Hannover. Since my student residence was in south Hannover, I was forced to take the underground to work every day and passed by the former Pelikan factory every day. Back then, it was still an operating factory and the manufacturer of high quality writing implements on the planet. Fast forward 30 years later and the factory is shut down and turned into a very attractive collection of gastronomy, office buildings, (a little) retail and the Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel.

I am Starwood platinum, so always try to stay there when I can. I wasn't disappointed by this facility, in fact quite the contrary. Nice rooms, a fantastic workout facility, restaurants and bars (World Cup is going on) nearby and the U-Bahn is a 2 minute walk away.

My only comments would be (a) the configuration of the bathroom was a bit odd (but worked), and (b) the SPG Club room was cramped and hard to find (and there was no one at the bar when I got there).

I had dinner in the restaurant and it was also quite pleasant - both setting and food.

All in all, a very pleasant experience. I had no idea the former Pelikan factory had been converted into a combined commercial/retail/hotel space. Very convenient to central Hannover (whether by taxi or public transport), very friendly staff, a great workout facility, and (in my case) a very reasonable price.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: My room was on the exterior but was not bothered at all by exterior noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jana W, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Michael M,

Warmest greeting from Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel and many thanks for this fantastic post! We do appreciate your time very much. It was a pleasure to learn about your satisfaction and it will be a huge compliment for our team to hear that everything was to your entire satisfaction. It is our highest goal to satisfy our guests, so every comment we get is a great help to improve our services.

Giessen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed for two nights in May, on Business. The hotel was very nice. The room has a good size, the bed and bathroom was very comfortable. There was an excellent selection at breakfast, and the staff were very friendly, both at breakfast, and at reception. Room service was quick and friendly, and similarly priced to most other hotels in the same league. Parking was easy, and there was off-street parking sometimes available nearby. There is a bank across the street, which was convenient. Overall, I can recommend the hotel. The hotel is not in the middle of the "downtown" parts where tourists my be interested to walk to, although there is a tram stop very close to the hotel. But, I see the hotel primarily as a business or "event" hotel. I enjoyed it!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear RoryMorty,

Many thanks for staying at the Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel and for summarizing your experiences in your TripAdvisor feedback. We will gladly share your commending remarks with our entire team. A feedback like yours is always a great motivation for us and we will make sure that it will be shared with all our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again to the Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel.

Best regards,

somewhere
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

love that its housed in the old pelikan factory. provides a superb structure for the building, and the design job they did for the restaurant area and courtyard is fantastic. a nice airiness feel with a balanced mix of old and modern glass and steel......food quite good and staff are nice everywhere. had a starwood upgrade to a large room. lovely wide bed (non-adjoined!!!), large bath.

wifi access seemed clunky and would be an annoyance if i'd really needed it for work.

would absolutley stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear justarandomperson,

Thank for your feedback and for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts on how you experienced your stay here at our hotel. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your entire satisfaction. Rest assured that your comments are passed on to all those who contributed to making your stay a more comfortable one.

We look forward welcoming you back to the Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel in the future.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

I wish I could rate the property and my experience, but unfortunately I had a family emergency that prevented me from making the trip. I had planned on visiting for the Hannover Fair and they had a cancellation policy of about two weeks before my stay. I worked back and forth with the hotel manager trying to get a refund for the stay (because I was one week away from my stay . . . and past the cancellation deadline) due to the unusual circumstances, but he would not budge. They were able to refund one nights stay, but not both . . . which basically cost me $600 USD.

This could have been so simple for the hotel to do, and they "CHOSE" not to. The hotel manager definitely could have made the choice to issue a full refund, unfortunately he did not . . . and because of that, and that fact alone, I will never stay at this property and encourage everyone to make the same choice.

In a world where hotels are working for your business and to keep you as repeat customers, this seems counterintuitive. Save yourself the aggravation and stay somewhere else in you are in Hannover. I hear the Central Hotel is fantastic, as well as the the Grand Hotel Mussmann . . . and are more centrally located.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick P
Jana W, Executive Secretary at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Nick P,

Thank you for your constructive comment. We as a hotel are always trying to do our best satisfying our guests. Due to our global Standards we are bound to Starwoods cancellation policies and their restrictions. I am very sorry that you have been unable stay at our Hotel in Hannover and you have experienced all the trouble around your trip. We kindly ask for your understanding and offer you to contact us at jana.wienecke(at)sheraton.com to give us a chance to conclude your incident personally.

Thanks again for your review and the time you have taken yourself, to share your experiences here.

Best regards from Hannover,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

I stayed here a few nights and the rooms were a good size and everything I needed. The hotel itself is pleasant and retains features from the factory. I used the tram several times as well and it was easy to navigate into the centre of Hannover and back. The Whisky collection in the bar is splendid!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Jana W, Direktionsbüro at Sheraton Hannover Pelikan Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Dubaiuaetravel,

thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay on TripAdvisor.
We are very happy to know, that you have enjoyed your visit and that everything was to your satisfaction.

General Managers Office
Hertford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stay here each time I come here on business. The old pen factory in which this hotel is housed gives the building an interesting aspect. Rooms with high ceilings and last time I had a good view of all the bricks and their interesting colours that made up this old factory.
A short tram ride into town gives this hotel a good location. I didn't eat or drink here but there is a bar opposite that does cocktails and loud music, which my colleagues visited.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear SueWithaView,

Thank you very much for being our guest and for sharing your comments about your recent stay on TripAdvisor. It is great to see that you were happy with your room and the special ambience of our hotel, which combines clean design with nostalgic charm.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us, we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,