Hotel Viva Creativo
Ranked #76 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

Just off The Autobahn ! Nice spacious creative rooms. No room looks The same. We ended up in room 67, decorated in à "icey" theme! The kids were thrilled! At arrival we were treated To prosecco and Coke (for The kids)! Lovely restaurant at The hotel and quite original and cosy styling! Very nice people at The reception!

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Nice & friendly staff, large rooms, good breakfast. Wireless costs extra :((( Location ok depending upon what you need - a but far from center Hannover re sightseeing; ok if traveling to trade fairs. Restaurant not in hotel but next door!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lieschentravels
Reviewed 20 January 2013

This hotel is located outside the centre of Hannover but it is not difficult to go downtown. I did not try it myself as I was all days picked up by friends but other guests told me it was very easy. The room I got was very basic (look at the photos) and it definitely did not worth 145 Euros without breakfast per day!!! For those traveling to Hannover, the city of fairs as it is advertised, avoid periods with fairs as it is a chance for the hotels to triple their prices. The staff was professionally polite and there were very kind waitresses at the morning buffet. There were no amenities at all in the bathroom and one night I was waken up at 4.00 a.m. as a hotel emplyee was trying to shovel away the snow from the hotel drive!! Horrible in the middle of the night!! One day when I returned to the hotel, I realised that the toilet lid was up! As I am a female, there were no reasons for me to do it!! This gave me a bad impression of the hotel as I started feeling unsafe. Also there is no lift and if you are given room on the first floor, it is difficult to carry your baggage. I do not know if I would go to this hotel again as it was really expensive for a hotel so simple and far from the city centre.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

The hotel Viva Creativo is an extraordinary place. Every room is unique desgined, which gives you the feeling that you are special:). We got the herb garden room:) which was very clean and cosy, and with a small balcony. The place was spotless. We had a bottle of water as a welcome gift, which was very convinient considering that we arrived after midnight. If you have to check in after 24:00 you have to use the machine in front. Hotelomat:) ask the staff for your password.
The breakfast was in the hotels garden and was very rich and delicious.
The staff was very, very friendly and helpful!
I would definitly stay at Viva Creativo again!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was a very pleasant hotel to stay in. It had a sleek modern design and the room they gave me was comfortable and very spacious. My only problem was that it was located several km outside of town. This was a problem for me because i came by train and had to spend an expensive taxi fare to get there. But once there, the helpful staff showed me how to get into town using the local bus service (4 buses and hour) and the tram service (one every few minutes). This is what makes traveling in Germany such a joy, the wonderful public transportation service! As a result, I was not only able to explore the charming & interesting town of Hannover, but was also able to get to Hildesheim and Goslar by train. So I had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: This hotel was located in a residential suburb so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This was purely business - a workshop - and everything worked well The room was generously-sized. There was free wi-fi and free drinks in the minibar. Breakfast was good and the breakfast room had a pleasant atmosphere. Unfortunately the weather was not too good that day - otherwise breakfast could have been taken outside. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the conference facilities were good. In particular, the cakes and fruit available in the breaks were a meal in themselves. What more could one say? Pehaps only that it would be nice to stay here on a private trip, to enjoy the atmosphere without any business stress.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2008

On arrival at this hotel we noticed immediately that the hotel is more bland than the grandness we were expecting from the hotel write up and photos. By the end of our stay we had come to the conclusion that the hotel is more suited to a 2* rating than the 4* it has somehow obtained.

Our "golf theme" room (which we didn't request) consisted of a green golf carpet, fake patches of grass and golf clubs and balls strategically placed around the room and on the walls. Although clean the facilities in the room were very dated and of low quality. On the morning of check out there was no hot water.

The themed rooms are actually located in a separate building next door for which you are only given one key which makes it difficult when you each want to enter the building at different times.

The restaurant is also housed in the building next door which although looks inviting the staff were not. When we tried to get lunch 45 minutes before closing we were repeatedly asked if we wanted our food to take away. When we said we wanted to eat in we had no offer of a table to sit at just handed a menu and told we had 5 minutes until they close!

There are no services that are offered by other 4* hotels, such as a concierge or room service, in fact the reception closes at 10pm at which point there is no personal representative at all.

This hotel is great if you just want somewhere clean and can pick up a cheap deal for a quick overnight stay but we would certainly not recommend it for a special trip and certainly not at the full price.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sarah C