“Good service and breakfast, average rooms”

Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover
Ranked #112 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed 25 March 2012

As one of the recommended hotels for CeBIT attendees, I reserved it months in advance, as demand is a problem that week.
I have to say that my first impression when I checked in late in the evening, though a warm welcome at the front desk, was not great. My room was located in in one of series of buildings located outside the main lobby, more like a Days Inn type of structure. On the positive side room bedding was fine and very clean, same as bathroom, free WiFi, but I missed some fundamentals for International travelers today like a safety box and a relatively new TV set (I had a tube system from the 80s) with a better channel mix (1 international channel only).

Breakfast service was very good, and their staff very helpful and warm.

Location was ok, about 20 minutes far to the Main Station area (restaurant area) by tram. A stop was right in front of the Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
SORATHotels, Manager at Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Hello rcherre,
thanks for your rating and thank you for lobbing our service, staff and our breakfast, too. We are happy that you pointed this out.

Our target group is a mix of business people and tourists for short trips. Some of them do not need more comfort than others. That's the reason why we have arranged some rooms in the style of American motels, they are small with basic facilities and the other rooms in the main
building are more comfortable and quiet. Next time, we will recommend one of our comfort rooms with more amenities.

Thank you again for your rating and revisit us soon. We are looking forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,
your team of the Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 16 February 2012

If your looking to do business or visit Hannover on a small budget then this place is fine.
The location is easy to reach you just have to take a tram (line 1 and 2) from the central station and you have to go just about 4 or 5 stops.
Good rooms but noisy environment (the tram station is right in the front of the hotel) in the front building, very simple amenities but beware of the building in the back - they have less than a 'motel-standard'. The front rooms are quite clean but the rooms in the annex houses are just well-swept.
The breakfast is quite OK - but what I like to say the staff is friendly and helpful.
There is a good pizza and chinese take out very close by.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank HM_aus_K
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Hello HM_aus_K,
we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your fair rating. Those were very honest words from you and they equal to our self-description. Thank you for lobbing our staff and our breakfast, too. Kindness and competence are very important basics of our concept. So we are happy that you pointed this out and looking forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,
your team of the Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 26 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and as soon as we got into the room it was very stuffy. We opened the windows and the noise was unbearable so we went down to the lobby to get another room. They said they were fully booked and that we could change rooms tomorrow but by paying an extra 30 euros, what a rip off! We didn't want to pay almost double for the room so we had to put up with having the windows open in the day while we were out and close them at night...but i still woke up in the night desperate for fresh air. So I do not recommend this hotel. I would rather pick a nicer hotel and pay a bit more there than having the boring basic stuffy room and CRAZY traffic outside (including the subways!).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stefani b
Reviewed 9 March 2010

My first time back in Hannover in 37 years, my mother is from here and I spent many summers in Letter, a village nearby. Room size was fine but there was no a/c and I like open windows 'cos it was warm. However be warned the Vahrenwalder is on a 6 lane main road into the city and the tram runs down the middle. Consequently there was traffic noise 24/7! Fine during the day but I used to turn up the TV to try and cover it, all to no avail.
Aside from that the breakfast was good, plenty of choice plus hot food, which you don't get in many budget hotels.
When I return to Hannover I'll look for somewhere in a quieter location but apart from that I'd recommend it as the tram is outside and 10/15 mins. from the centre.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bunto
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 18 September 2009

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed 9 March 2009

I booked it for the Cebit exhibition meant that prices were increased by 5 times the original rate.
I requested a non smoking room however this was not granted so I had to pay an additional 20 euro (on top of my inflated rate) to get a non smoking room
The room was extremely clean and spacious however I had to sleep with ear plugs as I was facing the busy street.
Tram stop convenient into central Hannover (9 mins)
Breakfast was good. Staff couldn’t recommend any restaurants (non in the area besides Burger King and Greek restaurant and Thai further down the road)
Free internet was s-l-o-w
Not bad as a budget hotel, but can’t help but feel ripped off that I had to pay additional 20 Euro.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The büttnerstrasse tramstop is nearly on their doorstep! I had an economy room which means that you stay in the motel behind the hotel. Yes, the room is basic. But it was clean during my stay. And there is a free internet connection altough the connection might be slow sometimes. The television has many channels, there is also CNN and BBC World. The breakfast is very good and it is served in the main building. I also noticed that the staff in hotel is friendly and helpful. The vahrenwalder strasse is a long street with many shops and restaurants. There is Burger King nearby, and there is a Pennymarkt supermarket opposite the hotel. Altough the huge Marktkauf at the niedersachsenring tramstop is a better option if you are looking for a supermarket. It's one stop from the hotel but you can easily walk the distance. It was my second stay in this hotel and I would return when in Hannover again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo