“Noisy and Sauna”

Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover
Ranked #113 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed 5 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
SORATHotels, Manager at Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I booked this at very short notice as I was in Hannover recently for football at 96. The hotel was good. Staff were friendly and helpful. I was in one of the motel rooms at the back, and was able to park right outside the front door. The room was of a decent size, and the bathroom/shower was clean and functional. For the price, I cannot complain. Also, easy to get into the City/HBF, with a U Bahn stop right outside the front door basically. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank PatrickW-UK
SORATHotels, Manager at Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Hello PatrickW-UK, We would be delighted to welcome you back! Thank you for your comments and for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Hannover. Kind regards, your Vahrenwalder Hotel

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night en route to Bad Iberg. As previously stated by other reviewers, the tram stop is right outside the hotel so great for getting in to and out from the city centre. I was staying in one of the annexes to the rear so there was no street noise problem. The room was basic but clean and reasonably spacious. Breakfast was, of course, in the main building so I was glad it was not raining that morning. Breakfast was typical continental but good and adequate.

The staff at this hotel were polite and tried to be helpful although (unusually in Hannover) English was not fluent. There was a problem when I checked in but the young lady on the desk refused to be defeated and eventually found the solution. It turned out that it was Expedia's fault.

In conclusion, then, I would say that, if you are looking for a base only, with a decent breakfast and a good night;s sleep, then this could well be the hotel for you.

Room Tip: As long as you are satisfied with a basic room, get a room in one of the annexes. Not only are they...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank brianpostie
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Hello brianpostie, thank you for kind feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the good customer service from our team. Once again, thank you for your visit and sharing your views and we hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future to deliver the best of the hospitality. Thank you and kind regards, the Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover

Reviewed 25 March 2012

As one of the recommended hotels for CeBIT attendees, I reserved it months in advance, as demand is a problem that week.
I have to say that my first impression when I checked in late in the evening, though a warm welcome at the front desk, was not great. My room was located in in one of series of buildings located outside the main lobby, more like a Days Inn type of structure. On the positive side room bedding was fine and very clean, same as bathroom, free WiFi, but I missed some fundamentals for International travelers today like a safety box and a relatively new TV set (I had a tube system from the 80s) with a better channel mix (1 international channel only).

Breakfast service was very good, and their staff very helpful and warm.

Location was ok, about 20 minutes far to the Main Station area (restaurant area) by tram. A stop was right in front of the Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
SORATHotels, Manager at Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Hello rcherre,
thanks for your rating and thank you for lobbing our service, staff and our breakfast, too. We are happy that you pointed this out.

Our target group is a mix of business people and tourists for short trips. Some of them do not need more comfort than others. That's the reason why we have arranged some rooms in the style of American motels, they are small with basic facilities and the other rooms in the main
building are more comfortable and quiet. Next time, we will recommend one of our comfort rooms with more amenities.

Thank you again for your rating and revisit us soon. We are looking forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,
your team of the Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 16 February 2012

If your looking to do business or visit Hannover on a small budget then this place is fine.
The location is easy to reach you just have to take a tram (line 1 and 2) from the central station and you have to go just about 4 or 5 stops.
Good rooms but noisy environment (the tram station is right in the front of the hotel) in the front building, very simple amenities but beware of the building in the back - they have less than a 'motel-standard'. The front rooms are quite clean but the rooms in the annex houses are just well-swept.
The breakfast is quite OK - but what I like to say the staff is friendly and helpful.
There is a good pizza and chinese take out very close by.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank HM_aus_K
SORATHotels, Manager Online Communication at Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Hello HM_aus_K,
we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your fair rating. Those were very honest words from you and they equal to our self-description. Thank you for lobbing our staff and our breakfast, too. Kindness and competence are very important basics of our concept. So we are happy that you pointed this out and looking forward to your next stay.

Kind regards,
your team of the Vahrenwalder Hotel Hannover · Partner of SORAT Hotels

Reviewed 26 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and as soon as we got into the room it was very stuffy. We opened the windows and the noise was unbearable so we went down to the lobby to get another room. They said they were fully booked and that we could change rooms tomorrow but by paying an extra 30 euros, what a rip off! We didn't want to pay almost double for the room so we had to put up with having the windows open in the day while we were out and close them at night...but i still woke up in the night desperate for fresh air. So I do not recommend this hotel. I would rather pick a nicer hotel and pay a bit more there than having the boring basic stuffy room and CRAZY traffic outside (including the subways!).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stefani b
Reviewed 9 March 2010

My first time back in Hannover in 37 years, my mother is from here and I spent many summers in Letter, a village nearby. Room size was fine but there was no a/c and I like open windows 'cos it was warm. However be warned the Vahrenwalder is on a 6 lane main road into the city and the tram runs down the middle. Consequently there was traffic noise 24/7! Fine during the day but I used to turn up the TV to try and cover it, all to no avail.
Aside from that the breakfast was good, plenty of choice plus hot food, which you don't get in many budget hotels.
When I return to Hannover I'll look for somewhere in a quieter location but apart from that I'd recommend it as the tram is outside and 10/15 mins. from the centre.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple