“Inadequate security in parking area, high risk of break in.”

Ranked #19 of 159 Hotels in Hannover
Reviewed 6 December 2011

The room was very clean except for a little bit of mold in the shower stall.The location is not easily accessible for people without a car. Beware of the lack of security in the parking area. It is isolated and very dark at night. We were told by the staff not to be concerned that they had good security. We were mislead, the security patrol comes by 4 times per night. Our car and 2 others were broken into overnight, windows smashed. The staff were not very helpful either, they seemed to be annoyed and inconvenienced when we asked them to call the police, they did not seem to care about our predicament and offered no help what so ever. I would not recommend this hotel, if you park there overnight you are taking a huge risk.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DDfromMontreal
Marketing G, Marketingleiterin at GHOTEL hotel & living, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Dear user of Tripadvisor

Thank you very much for choosing a hotel of GHOTEL hotel & living during your recent stay in Hanover.

GHOTEL hotel & living is situated in a calm residential area with public institutions like schools, in the near surrounding. In addition security patrols indeed pass by several times at night. We were shocked when we learnt from the situation described. Obviously this also referred to our staff. Even though this is more than a weak explanation for their hesitating behaviour, it is the only one that we have right now. We feel very sorry for what happened and we highly appreciated if you accepted our sincere apologies.

Your team
of

Reviewed 14 March 2011

"nothing". Free Internet at the Business center available as part of the package. But they deliberately to make more money from CeBIT visitors. We had to cancel the rooms early, the ladies at the reception were so rude, don't know the manners; they did not give 20% back to us after cancellation. They won't take US dollars, they won't take Travellers Checks....

One of the rude hotel I have ever come across...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Ravi Sankar M
AnkeGreiling, Marketingleiterin at GHOTEL hotel & living, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying at GHOTEL hotel & living Hannover and for sharing your impressions.

CeBIT is one of the most important German fairs and the demand for hotel rooms is respectively high. As a result, non-refundable high-season rates apply in hotels throughout Hanover during this period. We are sorry that you had to cancel your reservation which was based on this rate type.

All hotels of GHOTEL hotel & living accept Euros, American Express, Diners Club, Maestro/EC card, MasterCard and VISA as means of payment. The demand for payment by traveller cheques is quite low at the moment. However, we thank you for your information in this regard and we will keep an eye on the further development.

Best regards,
your team
of

Reviewed 23 August 2010

I stayed at this hotel for six nights. The service from the male receptionist and brunette was disgustingly rude. The blond man at reception actually asked me: "What is it NOW???!!!!" in a really rude and irritated way when I approached the counter to ask for help about something. I asked for directions to catch bus and tram to the city center, and he gave me incomplete instructions. He rattled them off like it was a speed contest and he left out a lot of necessary information. I ended up waiting 20 minutes waiting for a tram that never came because of the lousy instructions, and spent 15 euros on a taxi instead. Another time, I had to walk 30 minutes to get back to the hotel because of the lousy directions and I got lost. Getting information about anything from this receptionist was like getting blood from a stone. For example, how to use the internet in the lounge downstairs - there is NO FREE INTERNET in the rooms (10 Euros an hour in the rooms). He told me I needed a LAN cord and he was so unhelpful he didn't tell me they supplied LAN cords to guests. I was about to go out and buy a LAN cord, he was so unkind and uninformative. He seemed to want to get rid of me as quickly as possible. Also the brasserie is terrible. I ordered pasta and water. I paid 2 euros for a tiny glass of (probably) tap water and she didn't even bring the bottle. It was not mineral water. Then the pasta dish was so salty and I got food poisoning from it - abdominal cramps and diarrhea all night. If you are not a German or European, you will probably be given terrible treatment from the arrogant blond male receptionist and the stupid ditzy brunette female receptionist who couldn't even give me instructions on public transport to and from the city. The blond FEMALE receptionist was good though; she seemed the only one who wanted to help. WARNING: Don't go here unless you are a German and have a car. You will be treated like a leper for asking questions and will pay through the nose for something like a glass of water (2 euros for a small glass (60 mls) of tap water and no bottle brought to the table.. ). It made me really upset. Lost tons of money catching taxis and spent tons of time walking around lost trying to get back to the hotel. Only good thing about the hotel is the park setting (including a lake with ducks) which is good for guests with pets but be careful there is dog poo everywhere - I almost sat down on dog poo when I sat down on the grass in the park.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank HoneybunzTiger
Reviewed 24 April 2010

Close to motorway, airport and city centre by car. Quiet location. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Very good, clean room. Very good, modest, in house restaurant. Conference facilities are good too. Excellent value for money.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank fatherof1
Reviewed 31 March 2010

This hotel is a nice place, we stayed in this hotel for all most 1 month, the staff are very help full and accommodation is very nice. they have daily, weekly, monthly tariffs also. Service is very nice. also have GYM, Sauna, Attached Restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2009

As I was visiting the Cebit fair in Hannover average hotel prices were very high and this hotel looked good value. Although the hotel was a fairly modern building there was something about the decor or lighting which made it seem quite depressing. Also it was not close to any restaurants or bars. The onsite restaurant was quite dead while I was there. The staff were very helpful and the rooms were well kept. In all the hotel was a somewhat strange experience however it was well priced and the room was OK.

Traveller's tip for business travellers
Getting from the Airport went well using a Train to the main Railway Station (17 min) another train to Hannover-Kleefeld (1 stop only - 3 min) and 10 min walk or 2 stops on the 127 / 137 bus. Getting to the Fairground was around 30 mins by bus and trolly (1 change at Aegidientorplatz, Hannover)

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2006

Difficult to find but a well run quiet hotel with spacious well equiped rooms. We used it for the Eurotier show at the Messe showground which was a mistake, public transport was a challenge and taxis cost 15 Euros a trip.
Good breakfat buffet and very helpful staff did make up for the out on a limb location
For a good business class hotel in a pleasant location it was well priced and I would stay there agian.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Grumpylady