All reviews nice hotel high ceilings hundred meters mental hospital stayed one night breakfast buffet is hotel is located parking minibar renovation
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a building that was erected around 1850 and served as a monastery and later as a hospital. The garden is nice with some huge old trees and kept in good shape. The lobby is quite stylish combining old and new elements. It has a bar, some seating areas and a corner where children can play.
My room during my two nights stay was pretty spacious, calm and clean. Wifi was free, but a bit slow. My bed was too soft for me, so I didn't sleep that well, and it didn't meet what one would expect under a "king size bed": two narrow mattresses, two blankets. Some of the furnitures looked like 1970s and were partly worn down, I had expected a more modern style that I am used to when staying at other Novotel properties. The bathroom is pretty small and rather basic standard, but sufficient. Since there is no air conditioning in the room and fresh air supply is bad even if one opens the window, I was lucky that the temperature outside was below August average and the room wasn't hot and sticky.
The staff I came across were always friendly and greeted me. Check in and check out were efficient.
Since breakfast was included in my rate, I can't complain about the costs other TripAdvisor contributors obviously had to pay. But I fully agree with them that it isn't really worth that amount of money: the cold cut appeared like standard supermarket food, as did the muesli. The choice for warm food options were limited, but at least I could get freshly prepared fried eggs after asking the staff. "Hot" water for tea was rather lukewarm. I think one can expect a better buffet with more choices from a four-star-hotel.
Location wise, the hotel is well placed with the whole centre of Hildesheim as well as the railway station in easy walking distance.
For what the hotel offered in terms of room comfort and breakfast, the price I paid was a bit too high and "four stars" promise more than one actually gets. On the other hand, there is no hotel in the centre of Hildesheim that seems to offer a comparable standard for a comparable price.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Novotel H, Front Office at Novotel Hildesheim, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comments regarding your stay at Novotel Hildesheim. We are very pleased with your praiseworthy words. We will, of course, forward your positive assessments to the employees concerned. Of course, we have passed your criticisms regarding the furniture and the air conditioner to the management.
We hope to see you again soon.
With kind regards
Katrin Probst
Front Office

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Very friendly staff, great location, good value for money. Room was clean and spacious. Breakfast was nice, although a bit expensive.

The hotel is located in a big building just a few hundred meters outside the historical centre of Hildesheim.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Kvisetryne
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We had a very good stay at this hotel. Clean good rooms with high ceilings. Close to the center of town with easy walking distance. I can recommend this hotel as a good place to stay. We just stayed one night but enjoyed it very much.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Novotel H, Front Office at Novotel Hildesheim, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear guest, We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Hildesheim. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Katrin Probst
Front Office

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

Went there for the second time after one visit in 2014, this time the weather was not to hot so that the rooms without A/C was not a problem.
The breakfast buffet is very nice and the staff is overall really helpful.
The room I had number 229 was big and ok even if a little bit old fashioned

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2017

Stayed for 1 night in the Novotel whilst visiting old haunts in the Hildesheim area where we were stationed for 5 years. Clean and comfortable hotel with friendly staff. We hadn't booked but we were allocated a nice room with a good view. Ample parking and a very good breakfast. This hotel used to be a mental hospital and I felt strangely at home here.

Room Tip: Any room facing on to the courtyard
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple