All reviews short stay burger king nice room short walk breakfast buffet code automatic bunk tv hauptbahnhof mcdonalds city centre euro
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here as a family of 4, looking for a cheap night as we travelled across Europe.

The location of the hotel leaves a little to be desired. It is between a brothel/lap dance type abode (the red house), and a couple of shisha bars and a adult sex shop. It wasn't the sort of place to find a wee cafe to sit outside in the evening. The hotel was, however, very close (opposite) to the main station, which I'm sure would suit some.

The room was tight for 4, but clean and functional. There were only 2 towels, no downstairs area for evenings, and the shower and washing facilities are wishing the room. However, the mattresses were very comfy, the cooling fan was great, and the TV was small but with good international channels.

Breakfast was great, with great choice for the price.

Overall - a cheap night - but not somewhere you'd want to linger.....

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 29 May 2016

Well, one doesn't book an Ibis budget for aesthetic reasons, does one? One books these sort of hotels because they claim to offer professional services and facilities that work. But, when things fall through on that score, it's just an unmitigated disaster.
After entering my room rather late on the first day of my stay, I discovered to my dismay that the AC wasn't working. I'd booked the room just for the AC, since I knew that one couldn't really sleep with the window open in the summer, what with the hustle and bustle of the local festivities associated with the so-called "Mai-Woche." In the morning I raised this issue with the man who happened to be at the reception. I've seldom met a hotel personnel more arrogant and uncooperative. There was no admission of a problem, not even a whisker of an apology. What I got instead was dismissive comment, viz. "We can philosophize as much as we want, but that's not going to change anything". When I pointed out that one pays for the facilities and that one should be informed in time if things haven't been functioning, he followed with yet more brazen assertions, viz. "We do have an AC, don't we?".
It's hard to explain why this person thought he could be so rude and arrogant, and simply get away with it. One can only speculate: Perhaps, he thought he could afford to treat me badly because I'm evidently non-German? Whatever be the case, I won't be staying in this particular Ibis anymore.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Nice clean hotel
Cheap hotel
Good central location to the city centre.
Restaurant and breakfast optional
Nice modern rooms with comfy beds
No frills but a clean hotel room and a clean shower
What more do you need
Close to all the local amenities

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2016

The room was identical to some other Ibis Budget hotels, ie. modern and clean room with a double bed and a third, smaller bed above that. Located next to the railway station but far from the walking streets. Now being wiser I would choose something close to the Dom, but if you want to stay next to the station this is a fine choice. Staff is not present all the time, and when we were checking in with the machine some bum wandered in the vestibule which wasn't too pleasant.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 April 2016

In my room (508) the desk light did not work and the shelf below the washbasin had nearly collapsed. At breakfast whoever was 'on duty' just sat there, no smile, no 'Guten Morgen' etc - did not even attempt to find out whether or not I had paid for breakfast!

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com