Open today: 10:00 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Must visit

Must see when in town. History of cars 👌 anything a car fanatic wants is there. Go for a coffee to... read more

Reviewed 30 August 2020
ChristopherL1592
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A Must Visit, Plan to spend the entire day if you are a car aficionado.

Time of Visit: April 2019 Being a car-head, the Autostadt was akin to visiting disneyland. The... read more

Reviewed 31 March 2020

from US$20.13
from US$34.51
from US$20.71
1,383 results
All reviews the ritz carlton factory cars volkswagen building berlin sales
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 April 2019 via mobile

I came here after passing through before and I finally decided to go in! I've been told this was one of the largest parks in Europe, it didn't feel like it.

The Autostadt is a petrolhead's paradise for people across the world, with signs in both German and English, you can get access at a reduced rate after 4pm.

Inside you get a taster in what VW does in terms of product design, development, and testing as well as a glimpse into how economics and engineering concepts work; you get a lot included for the 12€ price but there were some caveats...

It wasn't as big as I imagined, there were lots of car exhibits all over and some (like Škoda) were really small but others (Seat & Audi) were detailed and comprehensive.

You can also see how cars are transported in towers, along a hilariously long stretch of path you'd think would be for cars only.

The gift shop has everything VW you could imagine: car cleaning goods, clothes, mugs, even fridges.

Despite it being a Volkswagen park, I couldn't find a single VW Phaeton. Not one.

The Lamborghini exhibit was closed for young children, however it wouldn't have made a difference because when I walked in there was just a black room with some lights with the word "Lamborghini" and nothing else... Until I noticed a Lamborghini on the outside wall.

It's not as good as I originally anticipated when I read it was one of the largest theme parks in Europe. I'd recommend the much smaller VW Museum a few kilometers away, you can't touch the cars and they're all Volkswagens but I think you'll have equal enjoyment for a lesser price.

Date of experience: April 2019
2  Thank sandcognoscente
Reviewed 25 March 2019

this is probably heaven for the petrol head but otherwise pretty boring at the weekend in spring when no factory tour is available and no outdoor activities., the boat trip was also underwhelming . Too expensive and overrated imo.

Reviewed 17 March 2019 via mobile

If you love VWs old and new then this site is perfect. Beautifully designed and landscaped with accessible walkways for all mobility needs. There are classic car exhibitions not all VWs with concours examples inside and factory tours available.

Within the site there is an area for children and a number of restaurants with various cuisines.

1  Thank AP1967
Reviewed 16 March 2019 via mobile

I read that the Autostadt is the second most visited theme park in Europe after Disney Paris...so maybe my expectations were bigger than they should have been. BIG place, SO much potential, but the various pavilions left us wanting more. (We planned a day and a half here - could have done this in half a day and moved on) My 16 year old is MAD for cars, and very impressed with many of the brands that VW owns. But a whole building for one Lamborghini mounted on a wall? And another building for one Bugatti?? And what about Bentley?? We saw a more impressive array of vehicles (old and new) at the Berlin Classic Remise, and the funky mix of workshop/museum/modern showroom worked for us. So if you are in the area, by all means stop in. But don’t make it the centerpiece of your German auto-phile tour...hoping we are more impressed in Ingolstadt (Audi) and Stuttgart (Mercedes and Porche). I also have to note that we were here on a weekend, which meant we could not do a factory tour...there was also no availability for the tour of the car towers in English, so we didn’t really have the full potential experience.

2  Thank MaryN2682
Reviewed 15 March 2019 via mobile

The weather was not accommodating but the place is very much alive with a lot of automobile history and the latest models. Find 2-3 hours to spend there.

1  Thank Leo B