Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center
TRYP Wolfsburg(Wolfsburg)
  • Room Service
The Ritz-Carlton, Wolfsburg(Wolfsburg)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe holiday innroom was spaciousbuilding sitegreat hotelnew wingscience museumfree drinksswimming pool and saunawithin easy walking distancegood sizefree wifihot foodstayed here for nightslobby barwould stay againbreakfast buffetyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Great location Great staff in the bar but this hotel is in need of updating I stop there regular the carpets havenot been replaced in 15years that i know of Towels are paper thin very hard normally in hol inns you get a upgrade with fruit and water in your room for platinum members none no news paper is offered and the price goes up and down every week also no kettle in the room. The breakfast is excellent

Room Tip: 7th floor upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank nick w
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Nick W,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Wolfsburg.

While complimentary upgrades when available are a perk of the Platinum program. Each Holiday Inn will offer a different welcome gift to the Platinum,m members. Some offer bottled water while others may offer candy bar or fruit. This is up to the individual hotels.

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans do bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel has a great location & looks fresh, but don't be fooled by its outer skin, it is let down by the interior, the Bar area is very dark & is in the wrong place as it has no natural light & the Restaurant is the same. If you would like to have a swim then go to the nearby lake as the swimming pool is a complete waste of space. Some of the rooms have been updated but are very depressing the old airconditioning units are noisy & hopeless. The food in the restaurant/bar & breakfast is fine although it can be over full with guests as this is a very busy hotel, the bar staff are friendly helpful & informative. The hotel managment/Reservations team do not recognise guests Priority Club Status. I have stayed at this hotel for several weeks per year for over Ten years & the only reason that I continue to use it is my loyalty to the Priority Club (for the points) .
The use of the internet & Parking leaves me feeling as though I have been repeatedly Raped, the recepion staff continually omit to credit points to accounts or they put them on to other peoples accounts. There is never any room upgrades or in-room treats i.e fruit, water etc, (unlike other Priorty Club Hotels) no hot drinks available in the rooms (only on the executive floor). This Hotel should be graded as an express

Room Tip: Book in to the Park Hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear Dave H,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 April 2012

The impression that I have is that the staff in this hotel think that they and the hotel are better than they really are. The challenge is that it's one of the biggest hotels in a small town. And that town has one major industry (VAG).

When I look through my reviews I see that the highest star ratings are associated with staff attitudes. Even if the hotel is 'tired'.

This hotel has comfortable rooms and a central location. But the only reason I stayed there is because of my loyalty to IHG - and the staff couldn't care less.

A disgrace to IHG hotels.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank canoepunkie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

ebookpunkie,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 29 December 2011

17 Euro for Internet and 16 for breakfast? Tonight I'm in Hamburg in a room for about the same price with free Internet and free breakfast. I asked desk clerk at Holiday Inn which bus to take to the train station and she said it was too complicated and that I should walk (around 1.5 km). Found out that bus 209 and 219 stop by side of hotel and go to train station. Room was cold and drafty from air coming in around wall mounted air conditioner. Maid knocked once on door then entered at 8am. I do have to say the bed and bedding were very comfortable, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Nice hotel in a great spot. Staff were friendly and helpful.
Private multi-storey car park onsite but be warned that its 7 euros per day!
Room was very big, clean and quiet. Comfy beds ensured a good nights sleep.
Restaurant & Bar downstairs and room service available although some of it maybe a little pricey. Definitely recommend the pizza's though!
Swimming pool and more also available but didn't get the opportunity to use as only there one night.
Smoking rooms available, wi-fi purchase option from reception.
Nice shower & bath, hairdryer, tv, phone, no air-con.
Our double room has 2 double beds.
Main town, shops and restaurants 2 mins walk but not so close that any noise carried.
Would definitely return to Wolfsburg again and probably this hotel too

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple