“A Perfect break in Germany -”

Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Wolfsburg
norfolk
“A Perfect break in Germany -”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Why go to Wolfsburg my German builder told me .. Well for the family this location was perfect. The children loved Autostadt a totally unique experience, the magical water displays, the Monkey man activity centre and science museum. Then the shops, within walking distance which for my elderly mother in law, perfect. My youngest daughter adored watching the rabbits at breakfast time and from our room. The hotel team were superb. A special mention to the barman who was highly attentive providing unique insights each evening and the restaurant team too that made my daughters birthday really special. Wolfsburg for a leisure break - perfect I now say and a great location for also visiting Berlin and Hannover. Highly recommended, thank you...

Room Tip: Interconnecting rooms available which provide great flexibility
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were charmed by this hotel and the bunnies. I traveled with my 12 year old son and we like that kidn of stuff. The pool was small but clean, and we enjoyed a dip or two in it. Very clean and nice sized rooms. The breakfast was good too - great variety, nice hot coffee and fresh. It`s not really in the midst of the city but we were able to walk from Phaeno to the hotel with no problems.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Kochi (Cochin), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Holiday Inn Wolfsburg clearly disappointed us.. Hotel needs a renovation immediately as it equiments are old and need urgent replacment.. AC Provided was bad and may be 10 years old with abs no effect... Bathrooms etc seems like they belong to last decade and needs urgent look... Staff too werent that friendly ( may be thats the German Behaviour) ... the only advantage was that it was walkable to the main centre ...

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Dear Jacob081,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is delightful to know that you liked our location. I apologize for any inconvenience the air conditioning issues caused and if the staff service was not at par with your expectations. I appreciate you bringing these issues into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest satisfaction.

Pam G.
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Wolfsburg hotels

Whitby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

This was our 3rd time staying at the Holiday Inn Wolfsburg. The reason for staying at this hotel is because my sister and I have relatives here. The staff at the bar have always been very friendly and remembered us. The hotel certainly needs to be upgraded, tv's are old and no English speaking channels other than news like CNN. The lack of drawers for your clothes. We had a small three drawer cube that I guess was supposed to be a dresser. We asked for extra pillows and that they be firm ones but weren't any better. The menu should be updated as well, sometimes all we wanted was a simple sandwich. We had trouble with the A/C and it seemed to take a long time before they finally agreed to have someone come in to fix it. As it turned out the weather turned cooler so don't really know if it was ever fixed. The other reason for staying here, I thought, I have a priority card and thought there would be some perks. Apparently not. Wifi available if you want to pay a very high price which I did not want to. I would have thought there would have been some little thing that the hotel could have done to say welcome back.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear CherWhitby,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Member and writing a review of our hotel. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. I want to assure you we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
IHGcare
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Great location Great staff in the bar but this hotel is in need of updating I stop there regular the carpets havenot been replaced in 15years that i know of Towels are paper thin very hard normally in hol inns you get a upgrade with fruit and water in your room for platinum members none no news paper is offered and the price goes up and down every week also no kettle in the room. The breakfast is excellent

Room Tip: 7th floor upgrade
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank nick w
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Nick W,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Holiday Inn Wolfsburg.

While complimentary upgrades when available are a perk of the Platinum program. Each Holiday Inn will offer a different welcome gift to the Platinum,m members. Some offer bottled water while others may offer candy bar or fruit. This is up to the individual hotels.

I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations, my apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

I do hope that if your travel plans do bring you to the area in the future, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Katie J
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel has a great location & looks fresh, but don't be fooled by its outer skin, it is let down by the interior, the Bar area is very dark & is in the wrong place as it has no natural light & the Restaurant is the same. If you would like to have a swim then go to the nearby lake as the swimming pool is a complete waste of space. Some of the rooms have been updated but are very depressing the old airconditioning units are noisy & hopeless. The food in the restaurant/bar & breakfast is fine although it can be over full with guests as this is a very busy hotel, the bar staff are friendly helpful & informative. The hotel managment/Reservations team do not recognise guests Priority Club Status. I have stayed at this hotel for several weeks per year for over Ten years & the only reason that I continue to use it is my loyalty to the Priority Club (for the points) .
The use of the internet & Parking leaves me feeling as though I have been repeatedly Raped, the recepion staff continually omit to credit points to accounts or they put them on to other peoples accounts. There is never any room upgrades or in-room treats i.e fruit, water etc, (unlike other Priorty Club Hotels) no hot drinks available in the rooms (only on the executive floor). This Hotel should be graded as an express

Room Tip: Book in to the Park Hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Dear Dave H,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
John O'Groats, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

The impression that I have is that the staff in this hotel think that they and the hotel are better than they really are. The challenge is that it's one of the biggest hotels in a small town. And that town has one major industry (VAG).

When I look through my reviews I see that the highest star ratings are associated with staff attitudes. Even if the hotel is 'tired'.

This hotel has comfortable rooms and a central location. But the only reason I stayed there is because of my loyalty to IHG - and the staff couldn't care less.

A disgrace to IHG hotels.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank canoepunkie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Hotel Wolfsburg City Center, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
ebookpunkie,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J