“Radisson Blus continue to be awesome everywhere”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Rostock
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Rostock
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 August 2014

If I could just work out my Club Carlson number and get it onto my corporate travel profile, I'm not sure I would ever stay in any other chain but Radisson Blu - as always, incredibly well put together, excellent service and insanely comfortable (and in this case, huge) room. I arrived slightly before midday and was told the only rooms available early faced the inner courtyard which was in the process of having renovations completed - noone was working, so no privacy issues, but the staff was worried the views weren't up to much. AWESOME SERVICE - who warns people of a crappy view in a business hotel?

Stay here!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Stefanie S, Guest Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Rostock, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Joe,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your pleasant experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

On your next stay, we only need your e-mail address and then we will find out your Club Carlson number and attach this to your travel profile.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel is quite new, at the edge of the city centre, around the corner from the city's main shopping street (Kröpeliner Strasse), with a secure parking garage in the basement. We were in a large business (twin)room on the front side (room nr. 364) with nice, wide open views from the large windows. Bathroom with bathtub. Free WiFi, plus coffee/tea making facility. Despite its new looks, all the panels on the whole of the building facade were being replaced, but we could hear no noises at all from that work being done. What did bother us, however, were irritating base noises coming from a large inhouse party (a wedding party or something similar, from a hall somewhere near our room) on one particular night during our stay; hotel reception staff found out for us, that the DJ there was booked until 1.30 AM, which would mean that we would not be able to sleep early (we had to get up early the next day for business). Reception staff was very good in offering us another extra room on the other side of the building (room nr. 579), a smaller but quiet room, at no extra cost; we could kept our first room as well (for which the rate for that night was also credited back to our account), so there was no need for a late evening removal of our luggage for that night; the next day we came back to that first larger room again. Staff was apologetic and offered this good solution to us. The only thing that could be improved: the aircon in the room could have been cooling down a little bit more. The breakfast buffet (included in our case) was one of the very best I have ever seen anywhere (even better than in many 5 star hotels I have stayed), offering an excellent variety of cold cuts etc.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank eelco2013
Stefanie S, Guest Relations at Radisson Blu Hotel, Rostock, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear eelco2013,

Indeed, our air conditioning needs a bit time to cool down the entire room - on your next stay we will take care of this earlier so that on your arrival you will enjoy fresh air.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Big, too big to be good. Breakfast area too small for the high season .... jammed with scantily dressed overweight holiday makers. Hard to believe that there are still hotels in what is described the civilised world that have smokers rooms. Laughably a cigar smoke infused suite is turned into a non-smoking accommodation by simply hiding away the ash trays.

Europeans are still tobacco addicted so a big hotel like this has throngs of chain smokers clustered around the entries. Hold you breath and elbow you way through. Harbour view rooms are recommended although the busy Lange Strasse and empty lots lie between the RadBlu and the water.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We are very sorry for the smoking room, for your next stay we have registered your non-smoking preference and will do our best to assign you a nice room!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Fast and efficient service, very good breakfast, free wireless, nice room with a view to the city and the pedestrian area of the inner city, good connection to public transport, at least very good to excellent for a short visit to Rostock

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Axel,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Have been here for the first time and will definitely come back. Nice hotel in a very central location: shopping strip, town center, university, and downtown marina... everything within minute's reach. The rooms are spacious (at least for Germany) and the Superior rooms have some nice view towards the river.

Breakfast in generous, but they need to improve their bacon-skills. That wasn't what I'd call crispy. No complaints about the other food. Okay, expect for the canned fruits. Damn, I'm too picky by now.

Big sub-level parking garage. Would love valet nonetheless. Not in Germany, you don't get it. :/

Room Tip: Rooms towards the river have the better view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Carsten,

In a 4*-Superior-Hotel you are allowed to be picky. That is why next time you are free to ask for your bacon to be made fresh on demand and we can proof that it can be crispy.
Also, just hand in your car keys to our receptionists and we will park your car for you.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Absolutely recommendable; we had a very nice stay; top room, top spa, top service; restaurant and breakfast were very good as well; unfortunately our reservation had failed, but friendly people there solved the problem within 5 minutes; (only one complaint: garage parking is 12 € a day, which is not too reasonable)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels
1  Thank Armin S
Stefanie S, Guest Relation at Radisson Blu Hotel, Rostock, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Armin,

thank you very much for your feedback. We are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Our focus is always on improving ourselves, therefore, we appreciate your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you again at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Rostock!

Kind regards

Reviewed 15 June 2014

This hotel was close to the main atractions in Rostock. The room was nice and had a good size. Breakfast was very good. We had also the Sunday brunch at the hotel, which for about 27 Euro was a good value for money, since it included wines.
In my opinion this hotel could improve their service orientation to make arriving guests to feel more welcome. I had arrived after a cruise at around 10.30 in the morning and I was soaking wet because it was a rainy and cold day, and, in Warnemünde, were my cruise ended, very few taxis were available. At the hotel, I was told that check in time was only at around 14.00 hours and my room was not ready. The hotel however did not look that busy. Since I was 20 days on the cruise ship, I did not have a good internet conection during that time and since I was going to wait many hours before accessing my room, I decided to use the time getting in touch with family and friends trough the internet. I went to the reception and asked for the code to access the hotels wifi, to be told that since I have not checked in yet, because I could only check in hours later, I was not able to access the internet. Apparently the code is related to the room number. I believe that the hotel could improve in this area to allow guests who are waiting for their room of have already left their rooms to have access to internet with a code which would allow conection on the lobby.
I have asked then at the reception if they could tell me where in Rostock I could access the internet, maybe having a coffee or something like that. The girls at the reception were absolutely clueless and unable to provide any help. So I have left the hotel facing a very windy, rainy and cold day to look for internet. It turned out to be that the tourism office in Rostock, has a very good and reliable conection.
I might return to Rostock because of its location close to Warnemünde, where ships are now stopping. However, next time I will look for another hotel since I do not think that at the Radisson Blue Rostock, cruisers or guests who arrive in distress would find understanding and I do not wish to repeat my experience there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelBerlin

Dear Guest,

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your feedback concerning your stay. We would like to apologise for the error made on your arrival.

Due to our check out time which allows our guests to stay in their room until 12pm, we can only guarantee the rooms to be ready at 3pm. Sorry for these circumstances.
But it is inexcusable that our receptionists did not give you a code for the internet - since it is possible for you to use it without being checked in. Furthermore we could have offered the possibility to take a hot shower in our wellness area.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies, we assure you that this will not happen once more and hope to welcome you again!