“No English (keine deuitsch), no smiles.”
Review of Seekiste zur Krim

Seekiste zur Krim
Ranked #27 of 325 Restaurants in Rostock
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“No English (keine deuitsch), no smiles.”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Amazingly enough, the people of this restaurant will not be able to read this review. First time in my life that I call to book a reservation (in English) and get such a horrible attitude like I speak some exotic language. When I called I said (in a very bad German) "I don't speak German, do you speak English?" The woman on the other side said "No". I asked "Maybe I can make a reservation with a colleague who speaks English?" She said again "No". The place was packed with tourists, so how come they don't learn English? A mystery. Well, it started bad but the photos and reviews here looked good so we decided to go any way. We were late to come so they were angry, gave our table on the terrace to another couple and found a table inside. We decided to try the local pride, a fish dish called "Zander fillet". It was tasty, but very simple. Not the best fish I've had in my life but also not the worse. Our waiter was very stiff and seemed in a bad mood. She also had some sort of an argument with the kitchen cause I saw her complaining to another colleague and cry. She was not attentive and we actually asked for the bill 3 times from 3 different people until we got it.
The town/village of Warnemünde itself is very cute but packed with people so for us it was almost impossible to move with a baby stroller.

• Visited July 2013
7 Thank AdventureExplorers

“Excellent and charming restaurant in Warnemünde”
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I enjoyed an excellent meal here with some business colleagues. The food is lovely and very fresh. I had a tartare of herring with beetroot as a starter which was really good and fried cod for my main which was also great. Service was very good. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012
Berlin, Germany
“The Very, Very Best in Warnemünde. It rarely gets better.”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We have come to love this restaurant above all others in Warnemünde for its consistently fantastic food and service. The menu selection is creative and the food is a party for the taste buds.

We were also here with a good sized corporate group in May and Frau Kadner went above and beyond to ensure that it was a night no one will ever forget. You don't get that very often.

If you want to treat yourself to a superb dining experience for a reasonable price... this is the place!

• Visited May 2011