“DELICIOUS!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Berlin, Germany
“DELICIOUS!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Randomly found this restaurant and were pleasently surprised. It seems plain and simple, but the food was so good. The waitress spoke Spanish to us after hearing our attempts to order in spanish for the rest of the night, muy simpatico! The food was great, it seemed very traditional and authentic, and is definetely recommended as it's something you won't find much in Europe. Also, the prices are more than reasonable!
5 stars well deserved!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank berlinizer

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Small and informal restaurant with great home style cooking”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

First time at Karibik and I really enjoyed the meal. No English menus but the waited did his best to translate for those items I was unsure of. The small plate starters were really good and meant ordering many different things so I could try a good selection of dishes. The main course argentine steak on kebab was also very tasty.

I'll certainly come back here on my next trip to try out more of the dishes on offer.

The kitchen did a good job of getting food out quickly even though myself and 12 others sat down and ordered about the same time. It has a seating capacity of about no more than 30 people being a small restaurant. The waiter was very happy and smiled to all guests and was friendly and approachable although he had many guests to serve once the restaurant became full.

Price was good about €20 for 3 starter dishes, main course with sides and couple of drinks. Very reasonable.

• Visited November 2013
Surrey, UK
“Small restaurant, tasty food”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I took my parents to Karibik as we’d never tried it and it was something different to the usual Greek, Turkish or Chinese places in town when I come to visit Aachen.

The place is relatively small but when we entered we were greeted by the lady in the kitchen with a welcoming ‘Ola!’ The restaurant filled up within an hour of opening and we were glad we’d managed to get a table early. Anticipating generous portions we shared a plate of Yuca Frita and a couple of Empanadas. The waitress came to the tables to ask whether each guest wanted a house salad which was free of charge. It was a fresh and crisp salad served with a delicious sweet dressing. The starters were followed by grilled meat platter, argentine steak and fish stew. The food was tasty and plentiful. We were too stuffed to even contemplate dessert.

Only cons for me was that they didn’t take credit cards or I can’t remember whether they said it was broken – but other than that I would come back, if not just to try out more of the starters and eat them tapas style and then try the tres leches dessert :-)

• Visited July 2013
Wuppertal, Germany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“decent columbian food in small restaurant”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I came here, because we were looking for something different - neither one of us ever had Columbian food. The restaurant is really small, only about 8 tables for 30+ guests. Seems to be frequented mostly by students, when we were there.

The food was was nice, something with a different flavor profile and you do get a lot of food for the money. Especially the apps are great, as you can get them at 1-2€ a piece to try out. We had the argentine steak with potatos and creole sauce plus the "columbian" platter, with ground chuck, small ribs, sausage, beans and rice. Seems to be pretty authentic and not really "Germanized", so a nice change.

The bad part was the main waiter, a grumpy middle-aged man, who did not even check on us, when there was all but 7 people in the resaurant. We wanted to have some more sauce, and he never came once after delivering the food.

I would try it out for the food and not the service or ambience...

• Visited June 2013
Landgraaf
“Poor service, great food”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We've been to this restaurant a few times now. And I must say the food is absolutely delicious, and very different from what you can usually find in cities. Everything is very tasty, very well cooked, and you can almost taste the love that is put into it.

But on the other hand, the older man serving food is well, not friendly at all. He was never really friendly but the 3th time we visited this restaurant (We keep comming back because of the food, not the owner) and we brought 2 friends with us he was VERY unfriendly. To make a long story short, he would have rather seen us leave and go eat somewhere else than give us a table and let us enjoy a dinner, very, very akward.

So don't expect any friendlyness, but do expect great original food for decent prices, also try all the starters, they all delicous (And cost like 1€ and 2€ so order them all!)

• Visited March 2013