“A great stay”
Review of Hotel Pullman

Hotel Pullman
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Aachen
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We enjoyed the luxurious rooms and the excellent spa. The bar, the brasserie and the reading room were fabulous. The meals were excellent. The choice of cigars and whisk(e)ys was good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed 13 June 2012

Have stayed here at least 10 times through several ownerships. Staff is good; but the physical plant is old & needs work. Rooms are spacious-furniture old & scratched. Bathrooms OK, but door won't stay open without door stop? Charge for internet & parking (if their small free lot is full).Room lighting inadequate; room safe operates off credit card & mine didn't work at all. Had very bad dinner in La Brasserie restaurant--expensive & very poor schnitzel. Maitre D said their water no good & insisted I buy bottled water; front desk said their tap water is excellent? Breakfast just so-so. Room A/C laboring. Great swimming pool--very poor fitness set up. No more turn down service. Was great hotel 5 or 6 years ago; but, no more. Will try elsewhere next visit to Aachen.

Room Tip: Book a suite if you can afford it
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2012

This is a wonderful hotel, by far one of the best Accor hotels I have stayed in. The hotel is in a rather magnificent stately building about 10-15 minutes’ walk from Aachen’s historic centre. Check-in was quick and easy, and the reception staff was very pleasant and friendly.

The rooms are very, very comfortable – good-sized beds, great shower, and the usual accoutrements which come with the rooms. The one missing item was a kettle – I would have liked to brew up some herbal tea in the evening, but couldn’t. However, I did appreciate the complimentary bottle of Evian, and the spacious surrounds.

One of the hotel’s very positive points was the spa area. The pool is extremely well-designed and a real pleasure to swim in, and the pool area is finished in dark stone tiles, which makes the ambience pleasant. The sauna facilities are, likewise, clean and modern, and overall I had a very relaxing time in the spa – I would recommend this to any guest.

Overall, a great hotel and one I would definitely choose if I were to come back to Aachen again for work or leisure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Great location, on the edge of a lovely park, just a short walk away from the thermal baths. Good service and a decent breakfast. Very nice cocktail bar, with very knowledgeable staff. The rooms are quite spacious (except for the single rooms, which are far too small), equipment is a little old (no flat screens). Friendly staff and great beds! Stayed here many times.

Room Tip: Inner courtyard rooms are away from a busy street
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Nice building, so the arrival is pretty impressive. So not the room. It was big, but really boring. It missed furniture (we could tell on the carpet where a couch has been befor). The bar is rather boring too. I would not recomment this hotel; although it was not bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mister M
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband arranged a surprise trip to Aachen for our 5th wedding anniversary.
I had no idea where we were going or staying, and once we reached Aachen, whilst the cab driver was driving us to the hotel, I noticed a majestic looking white building opposite a beautiful park, and I was very pleased to find out this was our hotel! Great start!
From start to finish we had a great stay here. There were chocolates and a card to congratulate us on our anniversary, and we were upgraded to a luxury room which was very spacious and had a lovely bathroom and big separate closet room. Perks of the room included free mini-bar and an amazing view of the parks opposite the hotel. There were also a range of english-speaking channels with good movies, which was great for when we wanted to chill out in our room.
All of the hotel is very elegant, from the grand marble foyer with pillars, to the huge loungers with the most comfortable sofas, to the dining areas, and the lovely wide corridors, it is all a well balanced mix between traditional and new modern luxury.
We ate on several occasions at the hotel; firstly breakfast- the buffet served hot and cold food, including a chef who made up fresh omelettes and waffles and crepes (the crepes were some of the best I have ever tasted)! Room service for dinner was good- a variety of options are available and they actually made something special up for me that was not on the menu, at my request which was very accomodating and much appreciated. We ate at the restaurant La Brasserie Pullman, one night, which has an excellent range of dishes and again, staff were accomodating to special dietary requirements. There was also a couple of complimentary extra dishes in between courses which was much welcomed. It was an expensive meal but definately worth the money if you are having a special trip. The Elephant Bar is also worth a visit, they made some great cocktails!
I must mention the spa- this was fantastic. The pool was one of the best I have used so far- it is huge! There is also sauna and steam room facilities and relaxation rooms, and of course spa treatments. We had a bathing experience for 2- a shared orange oil bath with cocktails and freah oranges. The oils they used were amazing, great for the skin and so relaxing. My only complaint would be that the experience was too short (30mins)! The spa was immaculate, clean and we could have just stayed there all day.
A special note must be made of the staff. They were so helpful and welcoming. For me, an excellent hotel experience is made by the staff. Reception in particular were great, particularly a guy named Bastion, and a young woman who worked alongside him. They helped translate leaflets for me, recommended restaurants for me, and gave me lots of directions and Aachen travel tips! The chefs were also friendly and warm. Top staff!
I guess if I had to be very picky I would only point out that housekeeping was not as perfect as it could have been- face towels were not replaced and the room was not tidied up as nicely as per usual but this is such a tiny point on what was a great experience.
We travel frequently and we both agreed that the Pullman Aachen is one of our favourite hotels now. Stay here for good food, good service and relaxation. The rates my husband found were very good. It is a five- ten min walk into the City Centre and not far by cab from the train station...excellent location.
Book it and see for yourself!

Room Tip: Get a room with the lovely park views
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple