“Nice hotel, close to the action and decent price.”

Best Western Hotel Royal
Ranked #17 of 41 Hotels in Aachen
New London, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel, close to the action and decent price.”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I would have given this place a better rating but the internet didn't work. Other than that the room was nice and clean, comfortable and is in a good location close to the center of town. Another thing I liked about it was the parking, 8 euro's for the day didn't seem to bad considering how hectic the downtown traffic is. The walking shopping districts are about a block away and the Cathedral is about 10-15 min walk. I stayed on the 4th floor looking towards downtown and the view was ok although I think the 4th floor is to high for the wireless internet to reach.

Room Tip: If the internet is important, get a room on a lower level, you may have better luck with the free wi...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Surrey
Reviewed 5 April 2009

A long but easy drive to Aachen from the tunnel in Calais left us in need of rest. The 4 of us (2 teenage boys) were taken to our room in the centre of town. We had 2 twin and a double bed in a huge room with a well stocked kitchenette , a conservatory and large bathroom with a jacuzzi bath. The satellitte TV proved useful for the news and sport in English. Breakfast was large and well worth paying for. All in all a great place for a family to stay in.
Aachen itself was pretty and easy to navigate we didn't need the car but used it to visit neighbouring places. A town full of people but in a "busy" way with ample to sit and watch. A magnificent Cathedral and Rathaus too.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 20 June 2006

We had a great room in this Aachen hotel for my wife, teenaged twins, and myself. The room was comfortable and clean with a double bed and 2 twin beds. There was a small kitchenette that allowed us to prepare some light meals. And rare for a hotel in this price range--the room was air conditioned. The bath had a jacuzzi tub. We had a rental car and had no problem finding the hotel from the directions on their web site. We parked in the hotel's outside parking lot. The hotel is located within a 10 minute walking distance from the Aachener cathedral. Breakfast was not included but a bakery was a 2 minute walk from the hotel entrance and we ate in the room. Combining the excellent rate per night and the quality of the room, this was one of the best hotels we have stayed in. Aachen was the seat of the Holy Roman Empire during Charlemagne's time and is worth a visit just for that. It is 45 minutes by Autobahn from Cologne-- we managed a day trip to see the Cologne cathedral. I highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are travelling with your teenaged children.

6 Thank rjpmdpa
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 September 2005

Nice hotel. Modern decoration. Clean. Tidy. Friendly staff. Small room. Good location.

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed 7 April 2005

I've spent a nights at the Best Western Royal Hotel in Aachen and I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed. The first room which was allocated to me was tiny and only had a single bed and was right next to the lift shaft. After spending one night in there, I requested to be moved (which all credit to the staff, they did) and I was moved to a suite out in the back, which was at least a decent size. The breakfast was nothing exceptional and there wasn't much of a choice and there is no restaurant in the hotel. I'm not too sure how it got it's 4 stars, because in my opinion it was a 3 star at best.

• Stayed April 2005, travelled on business