All reviews christmas market perfect location taxi rank shops and cafes coffee making facilities spiral staircase city centre hotel main street free wifi nothing fancy decent hotel breakfast buffet within easy walking distance small bar air conditioning rooms are comfortable nice breakfast
Reviewed 20 June 2018

The hotel looked beautiful and was nicely situated in the city of Aachen. There is however no hotel sanctioned parking, only a cooperation with a commercial parking, which was hard to find, even with instructions.The rooms weren't ready upon arrival and apparently you can skip the fee for early check-in by becoming a member of their hotel club. Unfortunately, the host told us about that after we paid the fee and in an overall unfriendly way. Of course the 30 euro fee wasn't refunded. All in all, the hotel looked amazing but lost a lot of its potential by the way it was run.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure_Aachen_Dom, Front Office Agent at Mercure Hotel Aachen am Dom, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. For your next stay we want to offer you a free upgrade as a sign of our regrets.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

It’s a very good and modern accommodation. It’s super clean and the staff were very friendly. Room size was good. It had two single mattresses but I think a queen mattress would have been better. The only main issue with the room was that there was no fridge in the room which wasn’t convenient.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear Mroohiathar,
Thank you for your friendly feedback. We appreciate vey much that you enjoyed your time. For the next time we can reserve a room with a queen mattress if you prefer that. It is also possible to arrange a fridge in your room if this is more comfortable for you.
We hope to see you again very soon, now you know that we can fulfill your wishes.
Kind regars,

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The hotel was easy to find and parking was very close. Check-in was quick and efficient and we got a free upgrade - my room being on the corner of the building overlooking the square so an excellent view.

The room was clean and tidy with plenty of space, the shower was excellent but a little slow draining. The bed was comfortable and there was no noise during my stay. Breakfast was good with a lot of variety. Staff were helpful and efficient and spoke excellent English.

The hotel is centrally located in Aachen so within easy walking distance of restaurants and shops.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Mercure_Aachen_Dom, Front Office Agent at Mercure Hotel Aachen am Dom, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Kisby,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I was delighted to again enjoy an upgrade to a larger room, a bottle of water and a little sweetness. Perfect welcome, with the checking made in advance.
I have only one complaint: the fast checkout does not work with this hotel: for the third time this year, I was forced to claim the invoice that is not sent automatically.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mercure_Aachen_Dom, Front Office Agent at Mercure Hotel Aachen am Dom, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Regarding your fast check out we are very sorry and if you could contact us by your full name we will have a look what happened and change it for your following stays.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

This is exactly what a mid-range European chain hotel should be: conveniently located, efficient, clean, simple, reasonably priced. There's nothing special about this hotel, but my room was comfortable (if a bit small), the staff was friendly and efficient, and the breakfast buffet varied and filling. The only complaint is that the street-side rooms are a bit noisy. The windows are double glazed and there's a/c but ideally I like to sleep with the window open and here you really couldn't.

Room Tip: I presume some rooms don't face the main street - i'd ask for these
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Mercure_Aachen_Dom, Front Office Agent at Mercure Hotel Aachen am Dom, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Sir,
thank your for your friendly feedback regarding your stay.
we appreciate that you enjoyed your stay.
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. For your next stay we can reserve a room for you on the backside if you prefer that.