Open today: 09:00 - 23:00

Ways to Experience Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen
from US$17.70
More Info
1,021 results
All reviews sauna area thermal pools main pool warm pool second floor body and soul schnitzel hot water spa towels outdoor steam temperature waterfall whirlpool wellness upstairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 September 2018

After visiting Aachen, we spent 3 hours at these thermal baths. They are fantastic, a very relaxed and fun place.
There are quite a few pools at different temperatures (indoor: one very large and 4 smaller and a whirlpool; outdoor: two large ones).
The cost is very reasonable (13 euros, you can rent a bath towel for 4 euros). The facilities include a safe and a locker for your clothes. They don't provide soap or shampoo, but they have hair dryers which are right after the change rooms.
Overall, a great experience.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank CuriousTraveler007
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Wonderfull outdoor pools with waterfalls! They have lots of jacuzzi, water is really warm. On Thursday evening there were not many guests in Thermen.

Should mention that there is extra fee for saunas. They costs the same as enrance ticket for Thermen.

In my opinion any Wellness center in Finland or Austria would bring you more pleasure.

Parking is not free.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018

It starts with the underground parking, and it brings you immediately to the Wellness Entrance, with an intelligent system to put first your precious wallet safe, and further great lockers for your clothing. You change up into swimming clothing for first part of this great Wellness-house, and if you want to go to the naturist part with lots of sauna-events (they have a program digital board like in airport) you can enter after control and leave out all bathing suits. Real Wellness is really naturist and being all naked has surely nothing to do with sex or erotism. Employees are trained to go all time around to supervise everybody respects someones' elses nudity. And that is excellent. We had done already some swimming, showering, sauna with "Aufguss" and went to the Oriental Restaurant for lunch, and then to the Oriental Wellness part. Suddenly I went dizzy but with my wife and helpfull employees they gave me a resting place and some energy sugar with fresh water and a bag of ice blocks. After 45' I was ready to continue Wellness in other parts and laying outside in a lounge totally naked in the sun. No one disturbs you. It's a place as Heaven. Entrance price each for 38 €. The photos here were at evening taken in the cloted part from the Restaurant Mediterraneo, and of course no photographing allowed elsewhere. All info on their webside "Carolus Thermen" Aachen. EXCELLENT and if possible with the distance we have to make from Belgium, we will go back some other sunny day. We stayed 8 hours 34' (look at your ticket) and get never bored. We never slept better at night in our hotel nearby.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

We visited today with our 10 and 14 year olds. I am a wheelchair user who can walk a little with crutches. The main indoor pool area is accessed via 4/5 steps or there is a hoist. The Jacuzzi, hot pool and outdoors pools all have a short flight of steps.
There are large accessible changing rooms, accessible toilet and shower area was roomy, flip down seat in shower or high stool. There are two plastic wheelchairs which can be borrowed inside the complex and could be used as shower chairs. There are also rollators that can be borrowed to use inside the pools.
We all had a lovely time and I found the warmth really good for me.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were spending a couple of days in Aachen and decided to go here for our last full day with the intention of spending a couple of hours there. Our hotel was near the old town so we decided to walk there via the park (beautiful!) and it was within easy walking distance.

At this point I will say that we are no spring chickens, we are both 50 next birthday and we are overweight but please don’t let age or size put you off going to the place, you won’t be the oldest or biggest and I can assure you that nobody gave me anything like a derogatory look or glance. This place is used by the locals, some of whom are well into their 80’s and it is fabulous!

I’d heard reviews saying that the staff didn’t explain what to do but they did for us very clearly and were very helpful, as were some of the people their who just helped us out if we were (and we were!) stuck. The system works on a token scheme, you get the token as you go in and clip it into something very similar to a watch, you then use this coin if you want to hire towels (spotless & luxurious), a robe etc as well as to purchase anything from the shops or food and drink and then pay for it all at the end. It’s a fabulous system.

The building surprised me in that it was very modern and every part of it was spotlessly clean. There are a wide mix of pools both inside and out, with various big taps scattered around which every so often turn on and spurt out and small jacuzzi areas. There is also a sun terrace with lots of sunloungers and a mix of strange but very comfortable seating.

Inside there is also a relaxation area that contains some fabulous chair/bed seating and the people in there were either reading, relaxing or asleep.

In the end we spent over 5 hours there and we definitely plan to go back again - we didn’t venture into the upstairs area where there are a number of spas/ saunas where people go naked but if it’s anything like the rest of the place then really it shouldn’t be missed!

Date of experience: July 2018