Open today: 09:00 - 23:00

Ways to Experience Carolus Thermen Bad Aachen
from US$17.70
More Info
1,021 results
All reviews sauna area thermal pools main pool warm pool second floor body and soul schnitzel hot water spa towels outdoor steam temperature waterfall whirlpool wellness upstairs
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2018

I had one day away from the family to indulge in some "me time" and this was the perfect location. Unable to speak German I had no trouble in understanding the spa system as there were many English speaking staff available to help. Once dressed in my costume, I plunged straight into the pool. There were so many different water experiences to enjoy. My personal favourites were the outdoor whirlpool which gently moved you around the pool and the hot pool where I felt totally relaxed. I spent most of my morning in the baths and later had something light to eat from the beach bar. Unfortunately the Bella Vista restaurant was shut. Thereafter I had a siesta in one of the relaxation rooms before my spa treatment booked at 4pm. Here lies my only disappointment. I had booked a full body massage via email. Upon arrival to the spa I had to make the full payment prior to my treatment. I was then asked to wait in the waiting area before my masseuse would take me to the treatment room. What a surprise I received when a male came instead of a female!! When looking into the treatments there was no mention of a masseur and all the images seen online were females providing treatment. In my 20 years of spa experiences, I had never encountered this problem. My title (MRS) was clearly indicated when booking the treatment yet I wasn't informed that I would receive a male. To be then told that all the females were occupied and no other bookings could be made for that day, I felt somewhat helpless. My last day in Aachen, the payment was made and still another 4 hours left in the spa. I accepted the treatment. After the initial moments of awkwardness I had to tell myself to relax and simply think of this man as a professional. And he was. But sadly after such a lovely day at this spa, I left disappointed. If ever I was in Aachen again, then I would certainly visit this spa but I would confirm that a female was providing all the body treatments and not a man!!

1  Thank bsasz
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

I took my 13 year old daughter whilst my husband and son were at a football match. Whilst their night was great, ours was better! The spa was beautiful. We loved the choice of different pools, both indoor and outdoor. It got a little ‘coupley’ later in the evening, but nothing that made us uncomfortable. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

After visiting Aachen, we spent 3 hours at these thermal baths. They are fantastic, a very relaxed and fun place.
There are quite a few pools at different temperatures (indoor: one very large and 4 smaller and a whirlpool; outdoor: two large ones).
The cost is very reasonable (13 euros, you can rent a bath towel for 4 euros). The facilities include a safe and a locker for your clothes. They don't provide soap or shampoo, but they have hair dryers which are right after the change rooms.
Overall, a great experience.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank CuriousTraveler007
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Wonderfull outdoor pools with waterfalls! They have lots of jacuzzi, water is really warm. On Thursday evening there were not many guests in Thermen.

Should mention that there is extra fee for saunas. They costs the same as enrance ticket for Thermen.

In my opinion any Wellness center in Finland or Austria would bring you more pleasure.

Parking is not free.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018

It starts with the underground parking, and it brings you immediately to the Wellness Entrance, with an intelligent system to put first your precious wallet safe, and further great lockers for your clothing. You change up into swimming clothing for first part of this great Wellness-house, and if you want to go to the naturist part with lots of sauna-events (they have a program digital board like in airport) you can enter after control and leave out all bathing suits. Real Wellness is really naturist and being all naked has surely nothing to do with sex or erotism. Employees are trained to go all time around to supervise everybody respects someones' elses nudity. And that is excellent. We had done already some swimming, showering, sauna with "Aufguss" and went to the Oriental Restaurant for lunch, and then to the Oriental Wellness part. Suddenly I went dizzy but with my wife and helpfull employees they gave me a resting place and some energy sugar with fresh water and a bag of ice blocks. After 45' I was ready to continue Wellness in other parts and laying outside in a lounge totally naked in the sun. No one disturbs you. It's a place as Heaven. Entrance price each for 38 €. The photos here were at evening taken in the cloted part from the Restaurant Mediterraneo, and of course no photographing allowed elsewhere. All info on their webside "Carolus Thermen" Aachen. EXCELLENT and if possible with the distance we have to make from Belgium, we will go back some other sunny day. We stayed 8 hours 34' (look at your ticket) and get never bored. We never slept better at night in our hotel nearby.