“My wife and I recently moved here...”
Review of Pippin

Pippin
Ranked #78 of 573 Restaurants in Aachen
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“My wife and I recently moved here...”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My wife and I recently moved here from the UK for three years and are working our way around Aachen's restaurants. The menu at Pippin is short and based on a theme - it changes each month. The ideas and combinations of flavours are interesting and we found well executed and very enjoyable. The wine list seemed very reasonably priced and the Loire Cabernet Franc we had was excellent value for money. Service was good too. Recommended - we will be back!

• Visited February 2012

Hannut, Belgium
“Second Visit. I am not so enthusiastic anymore.”
Reviewed 16 December 2011

My first visit in August 2011 for my mother's birthday was great so i decided to make it discover to my wife. The concept is still interesting but we were disappointed. In December, the theme was "Best of 2011" but seemed very German to me... Nevertheless, we gave a try for two different appetizers and main courses. As the first time, we were very well served in quantities. The quality was there but it's not the same "wow" as the first time. We would not rank it as delicious; just as "all right". On the Wine side, the Cremant the Bourgogne was delicious, the Montepulciano and Skuriles not so great. We won't do a third visit i think. Moreover, it was very loud in the restaurant this time.
To summarize, we had the impression that we discovered what needed to be and there are other great places to visit...

• Visited December 2011
Pittsburgh
“Delightful Find, Excellent Meal”
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stopped in at the last minute, without a reservation on a Saturday evening and were seated immediately at a lovely table. The space is cozy but we did not feel crowded. The theme for September was Germany and the menu featured dishes from several regions of this country. We do not speak German, but the hostess was very fluent in English and patiently answered our many questions. The food was outstanding in every way and was served without delay. All four adults ordered a different meal and all were outstanding. We shared a bottle of a dry German Riesling which was the perfect complement to our various meals. Dessert was a special treat, especially the chocolate souffle. We didn't leave a crumb. We highly recommend Pippin's food and service. It was a delicious dinner in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank AnnInPittsburgh
Sabadell, Spain
“The worst restaurant I have ever gone”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Never in my live I have been treated that bad in a restaurant. I resume our experience in points:
1) We try to book a table by internet in their website and at the final step puts that you have to call to a telephone in order to do the book..... And, on the other hand, in the website put that there was a free table and calling to the number they said to us that there is no table for this same day.... So we book a table for the next day.
2) Arriving at the restaurant they say that we can not eat, that the kitchen was closed (and was 21h30 and in the official timetable says that they close at 22h30...). When we said that we have booked a table, they allowed us to eat...
3) We have gone to the restaurant at 31 of August, but they give us the menu card of September and say to us that is not possible to eat the menu of August, so in their opinion 31 of August is September......

• Visited August 2011
4 Thank David_Sabadell
Hannut, Belgium
“Great food, interesting concept”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I went at Pippin's with my mother for her Birthday. We found the concept interesting : the Menu changes each month and is focused on a country. Italy was the country we were visiting this time. The first course was really delicious (see pictures). The main course and the dessert were also fabulous. Every course is well served in quantity. We took some wine by glass and they were always quality wines. We really enjoyed our evening. The only small remarks we could raise is that the cleanliness in the corner where we were sitting was not perfect. The toilets could also be renovated.

• Visited August 2011