“Food great shame about the service!”
Review of The Railway

The Railway
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Meols
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were staying nearby and visited this place twice during our stay. The first night every order was wrong and even when it was brought out correct one of the meals was taken from our table as it was ment for someone else!!! My friend had already started eating this but it was still taken when I went to question what they planned to do with that meal as the could not serve it after she had taken part of the meat it was quickly returned!! The food when all correct was actually quite nice. We gave it a go the following day and again 3 out of the 6 meals were wrong, the waiting staff have no manners at all!! Luckily this time the manager over heard and quickly resolved this and apologised for our issues on both visits. Shame this could be a great place if it was better organised with polite staff.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This place is fantastic value for money, i wish i had discovered it sooner.Massive portions and food is lovely. I like the menu very much. Best pub meal I have had on the Wirral.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Visited on 1st march with friends. Arranged to have meal there in advance. Ordered sirloin steak, asked for medium steak and mash potato instead of chips. Queue for food long, bar area wet from spilt drinks. Staff friendly. Food arrived after average wait. Steak was cooked well done not medium. Mash was dry, stodgy, instant/microwaved and inedible. Not worth £9.99 at all!

Reviewed 23 February 2014

had the misfortune to dine here last Saturday evening the food was absolutely awefull I had the gammon and chips I don't know how they managed to cook the chips the way they did but they where unique in as much as half of them weren't cooked through half were and all of them barely lukewarm the gammon was full of gristle my wife had the ribs which were ok but nothing special and her chips were exactly the same as mine if anyone is in the Wirral area and want to eat at a hungry horse travel a bit further and go to the sea horse in new brighton or the hungry horse at Cheshire oaks never had any complaints in either of them the décor and food is better by a mile you wouldn't think it was the same chain

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I attended The Paddock Breadsall Derby.I ordered a tub and their organic BABY FOOD for my 7 month old, somethinb i never usually do she only has home made. Only after she had consumed it did we note it was TEN MONTHS OUT OF DATE!!! as the company they provide baby from no longer exists it leads one to wonder how many other people this has happened to! DiSGUSTING & DANGEROUS.