“very comfortable hotel close to Bochum center”

Renaissance Bochum Hotel
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Bochum
Antwerp, Belgium
“very comfortable hotel close to Bochum center”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The hotel is spacious and stylish. It is much prettier inside than from the outside. It has a private parking. Rooms are nice and comfortable. There is plenty of choice for breakfast. It is located close to the city center but just too far for walking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Gliwice, Poland
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I already wrote a review of this hotel as kolczan0 (on trip I forgot my login data so I log under new nick), so I will not repeat what already wrote. Just one additional tip.
Finally I have to take 24 hour Internet access from Hotel (Euro 12.5). Next day (about 18 hours since first log in) I come back to hotel and log in using my phone. After checking few things I run my laptop to check mails - there was message so Internet is not accessible as I have another device logged in. I turn my phone off (completely), but still the same message on laptop. So I call reception and nice lady bring me printed Internet address to use on phone to log out.. which wasn't work.
TIP: Newer log into Internet there using Your phone!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kolczan
South West Michigan USA
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed for 7 nights during a trade fair in Dusseldorf. I was very impressed with the buffet breakfast and the dinners at the restaurant. The room was comfortable. I had wifi in the rate and it was at a good speed both down and up which also allowed for Skype without a problem. The staff was very friendly. We will be staying again at this hotel in May for another trade show event. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Haarlem
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Really nothing to complain. We went to a football game in Bochum and walked through the city.
The restaurant is near the underground which brings you within five minutes to the main railway station. Rooms were clean and comfortable. One of the best beds I have ever slept in!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is a great hotel and both the service and food was excellent.

Rooms were clean, tidy and well recommended for business people or for leisure.

Breakfast was great with a very good selection of local and usual food.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Nice hotel for a business visit. The rooms were nice, clean and of good size. Not very big but very decent. The immediate neighborhood has not much to offer besides the stadium. Reception was efficient and reasonably friendly.

The breakfast was good and offered a range of choices including nice German breads, I love those.
The restaurant had a very nice menu and the taste was very good. I would recommend everyone to try this. Staff at the restaurant was very knowledgeable.
There is a nice bar as well allowing you to have a drink with colleagues.
Nearby we found an Italian restaurant. Reservations might be needed.

Portugal
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I guess that the thing that most impressed me about the hotel was the vast and top quality of the breakfast. Everything was extremely fresh and of good choice. You can use the restaurant as well for normal meals, and the service and quality are equally well rated.
I stayed in a suite room that didn't include internet in the price; therefore I can’t judge its speed. My colleagues told me it worked quite fine.
It is a pleasant and easy 20 min walk down to the city centre and main station, but you have a subway station located just 3 min walk from the hotel. The area has some restaurants around, from which I'd recommend Momo, with Italian cuisine. There's a Greek restaurant around, but avoid it at all costs.
The hotel personnel are helpful and sympathetic. I stayed on suite 726, which was composed by two rooms. A living room with toilet and the room with the bathroom. This did upset me a bit, because i had to “commute” from one place to the other. This might just be personal paranoia, and it shouldn’t make you lose your interest on your reservation here.
The room had a very decent size and was extremely clean. You can open the room windows and the bathroom is as big as you'll need.
The hotel was certainly good, but I somehow believe it missed some flare, so I'm reluctant in giving it 5 stars. As I spent small time at the hotel and when I was there it was just to sleep for short hours, I might not have it seen thoroughly. This is just personal and has nothing to do with the great service quality I was offered. In any case, I am a satisfied customer and I'll certainly make use of this hotel again if in the area.