I was over in Bonn on business and stayed for five nights (paid for by my client company). The service was excellent, the staff were friendly (and all spoke good English - I don't speak much German) and the breakfasts delicious - can't comment on the swimming pool and fitness centre as my client had a very full schedule for me during the day, and I didn't use them.
All the little details of a good hotel were in evidence - a fruit bowl regularly replenished, the room cleaned properly (unlike most chain hotels) and a well-stocked reading room.
Two experiences were particularly telling, and show why this is such a good hotel:
1) On my third morning the hot water wasn't working, so a very quick shower! Not great but it happens, and in the grand scheme of things hardly worth crying about, plus with a busy schedule that day I thought nothing more of it.
Upon returning to my room I was very pleasantly surprised to find not only a bottle of sparkling wine, but also a full page HAND WRITTEN NOTE (in English) from the manageress apologising for the temporary lack of hot water. The irony was I'd been telling my clients to send handwritten postcards and notes to their clients, as so few people do this any more (I'm a direct response marketer) and it makes a huge impression on them - it certainly did with me...
2) On the morning of my departure to Cologne Airport, I received my telephone wake-up call (all five were on time), and had a shower before dressing for breakfast. About 25 minutes after the first call, the lady on reception called again - personally - to make sure I was awake. A small detail, but something that surpsingly has never happened to me after years of staying in top-class hotels in all five continents.
No wonder this hotel is rated number one in Bonn - it also has my highest recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In our hotel VILLA GODESBERG we combine modern atmosphere with traditional charm. During the renovation work, old and new elements have been harmoniously coordinated. The result combines attractive and modern functionality with the style and solidity of a bygone architecture. The hotel has 2 suites as well as 12 double and single rooms. This hotel size is ideal as it enables us to look after each guest individually. The rooms are equipped with modern bathrooms, colour TV (flat screen), direct-dial telephone, minibar, tea corner and safe. Wireless LAN for your Internet access is available in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HRS, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Villa Godesberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.