“You know you're in a top-class hotel when...”
Review of Villa Godesberg

Villa Godesberg
Ranked #2 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I was over in Bonn on business and stayed for five nights (paid for by my client company). The service was excellent, the staff were friendly (and all spoke good English - I don't speak much German) and the breakfasts delicious - can't comment on the swimming pool and fitness centre as my client had a very full schedule for me during the day, and I didn't use them.

All the little details of a good hotel were in evidence - a fruit bowl regularly replenished, the room cleaned properly (unlike most chain hotels) and a well-stocked reading room.

Two experiences were particularly telling, and show why this is such a good hotel:

1) On my third morning the hot water wasn't working, so a very quick shower! Not great but it happens, and in the grand scheme of things hardly worth crying about, plus with a busy schedule that day I thought nothing more of it.

Upon returning to my room I was very pleasantly surprised to find not only a bottle of sparkling wine, but also a full page HAND WRITTEN NOTE (in English) from the manageress apologising for the temporary lack of hot water. The irony was I'd been telling my clients to send handwritten postcards and notes to their clients, as so few people do this any more (I'm a direct response marketer) and it makes a huge impression on them - it certainly did with me...

2) On the morning of my departure to Cologne Airport, I received my telephone wake-up call (all five were on time), and had a shower before dressing for breakfast. About 25 minutes after the first call, the lady on reception called again - personally - to make sure I was awake. A small detail, but something that surpsingly has never happened to me after years of staying in top-class hotels in all five continents.

No wonder this hotel is rated number one in Bonn - it also has my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nick W

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We enjoyed our one-night stay very much. The room was quite comfortable with a comfortable sitting area and great windows. Shortly after arriving, we walked down to the Rhine, and then walked a short distance to the Lowen for a traditional German meal. Breakfast the next morning was delicious with a wide selection of meats, cheeses, breads, and other treats.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Villa Godesberg has got class, for sure! All staff, from General Manager, reception to housekeeping staff are exceptionally pleasant, friendly and helpful. Everyone made us feel very welcome within seconds. This is either due to superb staff selection or excellent staff training - or both!
Breakfast buffet and the breakfast room were most inviting.Officially over at 10, one is allowed to munch way beyond that and still feel welcome.
Rooms are not always spacious, but show class and good taste. Bathroom sufficiently spacious, individually styled, but nothing over the top.
We would return, but NOT during very hot days because the property has no air conditioning. Otherwise: anytime!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paquisoy
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Very quiet area, beautiful rooms, comfortable, modern design in old patrician houses. Great rich breakfast buffet, very pleasant service, room 104 has a giant terrace overlooking the garden. Drinks in the fridge (limited choice) are included in the roomrate. Great experience, will certainly return upon our next stay in Bonn.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ludovic18
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We stayed as part of a wedding group.
The breakfasts were included and of good quality and quantity.
The drinks in your room were included (red, white and beer)
The rooms were good, clean and well serviced but maybe a little small.
The staff smiled, spoke great English and were totally helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank rwor
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I keep coming back!
At first I only wondered how the beautiful villas look inside....but now I keep coming back for: all staff know my name, without being too close or obnoxious. the service is great. just like the location. and the guest are international with a twist (that is, all but me). a great experience and close to everywhere in Godesberg.
try it at least once - it's worthwhile!

p.s. the minibar (well stocked) is included! as well as w-lan and no fuss about anything.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tahitiiti
Reviewed 17 May 2013

As a global business traveler, it is a true delight in find a place that has peace, beauty, and a staff that catered to my needs at every turn - from suggestions for walking area restaurants, serving an impromptu private light meal for a small gathering, and making sure that I always had what I needed. This inn is a jewel! Even with a busy schedule, you will feel a sense of respite and relaxation - you will not forget your room number in this wonderful "home" - if only all work stays could be this way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business