Maritim Hotel Bonn
US$159
US$130
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewslarge hotelbusiness tripregistration deskbeautiful parknice business hotelold fashionedrooms are big and cleanhotel rooms arebiggest problemstayed in this hotel for nightsrestaurant staffup to dateaverage hotelcouple of nightsfitness roomwifi connectionlate at night
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stayed one night at the Maritim Hotel in Bonn during a business trip.The hotel is located outside Bonn, which is OK for those who have business trips in the corner, and the tramway station is nearby.
The staff is friendly and speak even French, but the hotel itself is not a 4 star one.
The furniture and TV are very old, and in the bathroom there is a shower curtain.
The breakfast is ok, but don't expect too much, I have seen much better in other German hotels.
The price is way too expensive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RalucaUngureanu
Jenny-von-Hahn, Direktionssekretärin at Maritim Hotel Bonn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear guest, Thank you very much for your comment at www.tripadvisor.de. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in Maritim Hotel Bonn. Please be assured that we will consider your suggestions in further plannings.
We hope that we may welcome you once again in Maritim Hotel Bonn.

Best regards
Silke Krämer
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Well I´m a bit unsure how to rate this hotel. To start with the positive things: my room was very spacious, quiet and the windows CAN be opened (I love fresh air in hotel rooms). The bathroom was clean but a shower curtain in a 4 star hotel ?!?! The hotel is located outside of Bonn central but the tram is just outside and the big players (Telekom, United Nations, several german authorities) are not far away. Now the negative things: the whole hotel is a bit old and doesn´t have a very friendly atmosphere. The room wasn´t clean enough for a 4 star hotel. The WIFI wasn´t free (and the vouchers were expensive). Furthermore the friendly people at the reception got totally confused with my online booking, because my reservation had a different name, address and company. So the check-in took a bit longer than I expected. Generally speaken it´s not a totally bad hotel but it doesn´t feel like 4 star. And considering that it is way to expensive though this may apply to all hotels in Bonn.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Fox M
Jenny-von-Hahn, Direktionssekretärin at Maritim Hotel Bonn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear guest, Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor. We have noted with regret that you did not enjoy your stay in Maritim Hotel Bonn. Thank you for the constructive suggestions you made which we are going to keep in mind for further planning.
We hope that we may welcome you once again in the Maritim Hotel Bonn and remain,

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I stayed one night at the Hotel Maritim in connection with a conference nearby. I had a large room which was clean but a bit worn out. There was a fee to use the wi-fi. The hotel is located a bit outside Bonn, and if you are not attending a meeting in the area nearby I can not see any reason to stay at this hotel. There is nothing special with the hotel - and it is not a low cost hotel - and there is nothing to do or see near the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ole Alexander O

Dear guest, We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay in Maritim Hotel Bonn. Please note that you can get to city centre in about 15 minutes by car or tram. Close to the Hotel there is a beautiful public park “Rheinaue” as well as the full spectrum of museums (“Museumsmeile”) that you reach in about 10 Minutes by tram.
We hope that we may welcome you once again and remain

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We got off on the wrong foot: I arrived at the hotel just short before midnight after a tedious 20-hour trip. I was beat. I was tired. I wanted a hot shower and a good night's sleep. I asked for a quiet, non-smoking room. I hauled my baggage up and opened the door. A whiff of smoke was greeting me. Then I realized the room was adjacent to the elevator. Seriously...?

A different receptionist rectified the situation and put me up on the "executive floor" with a private elevator. Ooohhh, white glove treatment. But don't get too excited: the room wasn't really spacious and sported just a single bed, tucked against the wall (I was traveling be myself). The carpet and the furniture were a bit worn, but then again, the entire hotel had apparently seen better days.

To be fair, their breakfast buffet was quiet good, service was generally friendly, and their rates are very reasonable. In that respect the Maritim is good for a night or two if you do business in the area and don't care so much where you put your head.

Room Tip: Eventually I got a room on the top ("executive") floor. It was quiet and had a small balcony. That was nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andreas W
Jenny-von-Hahn, Direktionssekretärin at Maritim Hotel Bonn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear guest,
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay all around. Please be assured that we will keep in mind your notations for further plannings. We hope that we may welcome you once again in Maritim Hotel Bonn and wish you all the best for 2014!

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

I spent six nights in the Maritim Hotel in Bonn and was quiet pleased with my stay. The rooms could need improvement in terms of maintenance and keeping a modern standard. The TV is very old and the mattresses could be softer, but otherwise the hotel lobby and restaurant provide a pleasant atmosphere and the staff are friendly . There is an overpricing however with ordering food and drinks to your room. They charge 4 Euros for a tea pot and an additional 3.50 for bringing it upstairs. I recommend going to a cafe instead.
Generally a nice and comfortable hotel, not the best one for sure but the room pricing was adequate and it was very relaxing to stay here.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Andraste_C

Dear guest, We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at Maritim Hotel Bonn and we already forwarded your commendation of our staff.
Hoping that we may welcome you once again in Maritim Hotel Bonn we wish you all the best for 2014.