“Assesment”

Ranked #14 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
A TripAdvisor Member
“Assesment”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The Hotel was quite good in all point of view. I was principly satisfied. The biggest problem was small size of the room (resp. confined bathroom). Connection to Internet was without any problem. Breakfast was from my point od view standard.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg
Reviewed 28 January 2012

As usual I had prebooked my room via Accor homepage under my Club card reference -

On arrival I was extremely vexed about the fact that although being a regular customer at this hotel in Bonn,(5 -6 times in 2011) and being an AclubMember, I had to pay my bill immediately... (same system now as in France... which I always hate, cause it simply makes you feel so utterly unwelcome and an unimportant customer, if customer at all) ...Until recently the hotel managed to make a detour around this rule an enabled me to pay my bill at the end of my stay... The explanation was given to me: There is a new manager who plays strictly by Accor rules...
As I had no running bill at the reception desk, I decided against any drink at the bar, and no breakfast, cause there would have been no bill to charge it to...
No non smoking room to the back of the house available anymore... I checked in at 5 p.m. (normally I would get a room 3rd floor at the back)... The quality of the soundproof windows is quite acceptable.

Positive: a problem with the sink in the bath room was attended to immediately... Chamber maids work always very efficiently and are very kind.
I could leave my luggage in the room until noon.
Still good value for money close to all amenities

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I was there on a work trip and needed a clean, functional good value place for the night. This fits the bill. I took the business option with WIFI and breakfast included. Both were very good! Only slight criticism was a bit of shower and footstep noise - could have been a touch quieter. Recommended though.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
England
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Don't stay here until all the reworking has been completed. We had booked this hotel several weeks before and were not told about the building work which was going on. We ddin't kjnow about it until we were woken very early just after 7.00a.m. by drilling and dragging of items in the room above. We had had an horrendous journey the day before coming up from Austria and expected to have a bit of lie in. NO CHANCE. When we were checking out I asked why we hadn't been told about this and was told 'if you have booked on line it isn't there policy' I pushed for a reductiion and reluctanly I wasn't charged for breakfast or car parking. I feel that I shouldn't have been charged anything in the circumstances. DO CHECK before you book that no building work is going on. We have always been happy with Ibis hotels for the brief stays but very upset about this one.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane
Reviewed 9 December 2011

The hotel is about 15 minutes' walk from the central pedestrian precinct of Bonn and very close to several restaurants. The room was small but functional and beautifully decorated. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and spoke a variety of languages including Russian and Portuguese. If walking to the central city without baggage, the most attractive route is to follow Vorgebirgsstraße and Maxstraße. If wheeling a suitcase from the railway station, it is best to take the road along the railway the line and then the ring road, in order to avoid cobblestone paving; it takes about 30 minutes.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2011

We had a very pleasant stay at the Ibis in Bonn. It was very cheap (I think we paid around £35 for the night), the staff were welcoming and helpful and the rooms were clean and well kept. They were small but cosy (but nicer than we expected for the price). I had the impression we were closer to the centre of town but it was a nice 15 min walk away. I would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 7 December 2011

What we needed in Bonn was a place to sleep. Nice and in good location. And we did not want to spend too much on accomodation. So we booked Ibis Bonn and do not regret this decision.
The hotel is Ibis – so you probably know what to expect. It was renovated recently, therefore it is clean and in a good shape. Room was fine, just as small bathroom (tall people might have a problem with a toilet – just not enough space for legs…). The view from the room was OK – and the sun shone all day long… (windows were on yard-side of the hotel).
There are strange smells in corridors – and that is the only bad thing we can recall. Oh, they might give free wifi access in the rooms – unfortunately it is paid (but you can use wifi as well as desktop computer in the lobby).
Old City is just 10 minutes walk away from Ibis and there are many nice restaurants nearby. It is also easy to get here by city bus.
In short: good value hotel in good location. Recommended for your next city break in Bonn.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple