“Great hotel”

Hilton Bonn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a great hotel. I really enjoyed staying there. The staff made me feel welcome. I completely enjoyed the meeting, rooms are very clean and everyone made me feel welcome. I will definetly return to this property if I am in the area again. Please keep me a nice with a river view for my next stay. Thanks for your hospitality

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonBonn, Manager at Hilton Bonn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Stuart,

thank you very much for your time to share your comments in regards to your last stay at the Hilton Bonn. It´s nice to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to offer you the customer service you deserve.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon at the Hilton Bonn

With kind regards
Manager Rooms Division

Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our Family Stayed in this Hotel twice. From 31st of March 2013 to 7th of April 2013 and from 12th of August to the 19th of August 2012. We had 2 joining room at both occasions.
Rooms were nice. Second time, when we asked maid to change the sheets she went berserk and started yelling at us in German. She didn’t realise that my daughters know German. We reported it to the front desk but never got any feedback. Front desk personnel are not friendly at all. Without shame, they would serve their white guest first even though we are in line!
Very comfortable rooms, great location and easy parking.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Easwara

Dear Eswara,
first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your last stay at the Hilton Bonn. As we are always trying to provide the best possible cutomer service for our valued guest it worries that you did not feel heared once you raised your complaint at the desk. Please be assured that your feedback has already been shard with our Front Desk Manager to fin aproperiate soultions to prevent anything like this in the future.
Dear Eswara, I hope you will give us a 2nd chance in the upcommig future so that we can restore your trust in the Hilton Bonn.
Please feel free to contact us anytime if you need any further assistance

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel looks to be quite old, the ceiling in my room was almost as high as the length of the room. Rhine-view room turned out to be a room towards the atrium, which was illuminated at night, so I needed to close the curtains and could not let some fresh air in.
The reception told me 2 days that a DHL shipment had not arrived, while it arrived 2 days before I checked in. Otherwise the hotel and the room was, also the restaurant where I dined almost as a single guest.
I think the prices in the restaurant were reasonable and the service very good.
It is a 5 - 10 minutes walk into the center of Bonn, and on the way I found an Italian restaurant which looked to be very popular, la Tagliatelli.
To get to the train station, you would need to go by taxi.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Svein,

thank you for sharing your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Bonn. We are always trying to provide the best customer service possible to our valued guest. Therefore it´s my pleasure to share your comments among our team. What strives me with concern is your comment in regards to your DHL shippment. First and most important question is "Have you received your shippment by now - and did the delay caused you much of inconvenience ?" Please be assured that we have reinforced our internal checklist for recieving packages for our guest to prevent a delay in the future. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. In regards to our rooms and their consitions I can tell you that some of your floors underwend a recent refurbishment and we are planning to follow with the two outstanding floors as soon as possible. Nevertheless your feedback will be discussed among our managment team to maybe speed up the process.
Dear Svein, we hope to welcome you back soon and remain with kind regards

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We were actually looking for a small inn nearby, but it was closed for renovations. We decided to treat ourselves and stay in the Hilton which we had passed on the way.

Of course, we were not disappointed! This is a Hilton after all. Not on the grand scale that you would find on Park Avenue, but very nice anyway.

A spacious lobby with a very nice seating area and colourful bar. The staff were keen to help us even though we had no reservation and were only looking for one night. We had a choice of three different rooms all at the same price - roughly 199 Euros plus underground parking. Breakfast was not included.

The room was beautiful, very modern and the bathroom spacious and clean as you might expect. Although we did not want a big dinner, the restaurant looked very nice. We opted instead for a snack (with extended hours) area they have a variety of things in a cooler (sandwiches, salads etc.) that you could take to your room or you could order pizza to eat there along with alcohol if you wish. The young lady working in the snack room was most anxious to please and extremely friendly.

The corridors were massive and adorned with beautiful paintings.

Room Tip: The desk manager will likely give you choices and he mentions the benefits or not of each location.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear "1946HappCamper",
it´s my pleasure to thank you for your very nice feedback in regards to your recent stay with us at the Hilton Bonn. It´s always nice to read such a wonderful and positive feedback - which will be shared today among the entire team of the Hilton Bonn.

I hope to welcome you back soon here at the Hilton Bonn and remain with kind regards

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one week including the weekend. And I would say the service and the staff are exceptional. If I go to Bonn agaian, I would definitely stay here. I got the room with Balcony on the 4th floor and everything was exceptional. Breakfast was good (may have some changes every day otherwise it becomes a bit boring to see the same stuff everyday but not so sure if that can be done). The bar is good and the staff at the bar are too good. Very Very enjoyable Stay.
Location - couple of minutes walk to city center and many restaurants very nearby.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HiltonBonn, Manager at Hilton Bonn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear "fnaanurag",
first of all I would like to take the oppotunity to thank you for writing such a great feedback of your last stay at the Hilton Bonn. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at that our customer focused and caring staff made your time in Bonn unforgetable. I surely hope you will visit the Hilton Bonn again once you return to this area to experience our hospitality once again.
Meanwhile I am very happy and proud to share your wonderful comments among our team and remain with kind regards

alex.saelzer@hilton.com

Reviewed 24 April 2014

The Hotel is excellent and is serviced by very caring professional staff. A pleasant change from a lot of hotels we have stayed in. Breakfast was marvellous with great atmosphere and excellent food...The pool, fitness en suana facilities are definitly worth visiting.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonBonn, Manager at Hilton Bonn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear "Don K",

first of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of your last visit to the Hilton Bonn. It is a great pleasure for me to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with the caring and customer orientated attitude of our hotel staff. The entire team always tries their upmost to make the stay of our guest memorable and hassle free. I will certainly also pass your comments to the entire team and especailly to our Food&Beverage team members to show them your apreciation of their work.

Dear "Don K", in the name of the entire Hilton, I thank you for your response and we hope to welcome you back again soon here in Bonn.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The location in Bonn was excellent, Bonn is a fantastic city and the people are very welcoming. The city is a couple of minutes walk away with lots of restaurants, al-fresco bars, markets, shops, history, river and more. We had a very enjoyable experience and the locals were very helpful.

Stayed almost 400 nights in global Hilton hotels over last 3 years and never felt so insulted by the customer facing staff (exception being room cleaning team who were very friendly). Despite complaining, the problems seemed to continue. There was a lack of awareness towards the customer.

Real shame because the hotel location is excellent, nice rooms with river view which really was pretty.

Little customer recover shown. Will not return to this hotel - shame - nice location, poorly trained and managed staff

Room Tip: Excellent location, dont expect good service / attitude
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonBonn, Manager at Hilton Bonn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear "MJ_Beijing2014",

first I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Bonn. As we are working in a customer orientated business we do benefit tremendously from any kind of feedback we receive from our guest. Most of the time our guest feel at home at our porperty and enjoy the proximity in between the river rhine and the shopping in the old town of Bonn. As beeing a dedicated customer service orientated Hotel I feel worried when reading your review. It seems like as if you did not enjoy your stay with us due to several resaons. As I am very interested in finding out what exactly has happened and how we can improve I kindly ask you to give me some more specific examples of what went wrong during your stay ?
Dear "MJ_Beijing2014", I am looking forward to hear more detailled information from you soon. In the meantime I can only wish you a remaing pleasant Easter and hope to welcome you back soon to show you that we can do better in relation to customer service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime
Regards