“Stunning little Hilton”

Hilton Bonn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Dear Hilton bonn Team, I stayed with you 2 weeks ago and can only say that I completely enjoyed my stay with you. everyone was nice and caring. Excellent Service staff at the reception with great knowledge of the area. Thanks to Marius for his excellent customer service during my stay. Unfortunatley business does not bring me that often to this beautiful area of Germany but I will come back once it does. regards to everyone

2  Thank Barbara B
HiltonBonn, Manager at Hilton Bonn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Barbara,
thank you very much for taking the time to share your very favourable comments of your recent trip to the Hilton Bonn. It´s my greatest pleasure to read your review and share it among our team to show them the appreciation of their customer service attitude. We all hope to welcome you back soon to the Hilton Bonn and remain with kind regards
Manager Rooms Division

Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Well there isn't much good to be said. I was greeted with the remark that I was the 'Guest of the Day'. I presumed that's some weird Hilton thing, but should have known things were going to go wrong. So in short order:
- I was given what is probably the noisiest room in the hotel (141), straight at the Rhine bridge, where the window could not be opened to let fresh air in
- I was charged for breakfast even though I did not have it
- The Wifi charges are a joke (EUR20/24 hours)
- Front desk staff are not helpful at all (asked them to book a taxi, they didn't, when I checked if they did they just pointed to one parked outside saying 'help yourself to that one' - lucky it was there...)
- The pool is an oversize jacuzzi
- air conditioning was struggling with the high temperatures or non existant. Not sure which.

My colleague also informed me that at breakfast time (EUR12), the coffee maker had broken, and they were being served lukewarm coffee. Well at least there was a Nespresso machine in the room.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms in the x30/x40 group, they are overlooking the major road and bridge approa...
1  Thank Andreas B
HiltonBonn, Manager at Hilton Bonn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Andreas,

thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback of your recent stay at the Hilton Bonn. Our entire team is always trying their outmost to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for our valued guest - to create a "home away from home". Usually we are doing quite well in theses aspects and many of our loyal guest apprecaite our personal touch here in Bonn. therefore I was quite surprised to see that we were no able to fullfill your anticipated needs during your stay. I do apologize for the inconveniences caused please be assured that all mentioned points have already been adressed to the relevant department heads. The Deluxe room you booked is actually one of the most favorite rooms of our guest as it has a full view of the river Rhine. Due to security reasons you can only open our windows slightly - but if you wish you can always sign the claimer and our team will be able to open the windows completely. I also had a look at the rate you booked and saw that you booked a Bed & Breakfast rate which includes the full american buffet in our restaurant. If you would like to book a room only rate please just referr to our Hilton Homepage for offerings. Taxis are always outside of the hotel 24/7 and therefore it is very convenient for our guest to grab the first one in line. During you stay we had the hottest pentecast weekend since temperature were officially recorded. All our machines were running at maximum level trying their best to cool the building down but with temperature above 33° outside we were struggeling to keep it cool.
Dear Andreas, I know that we can not change thing which happened but I hope that I was able to restore your trust within our brand a bit through my answer. At least you see that we do take criticism very serious in our hotel and see it also as a chance - now we know where to improve. We would be very happy if you give us a 2nd chance one day and remain with kind regards from the much cooler city of Bonn

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Quiet Well Placed Hilton Hotel in the middle of Bonn. Super Reception and also great service. The swimming pool is small but it is enough for your laziest hours. The renewed Restaurant will enjoy your taste for good food. You can reserve a room without being afraid.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
HiltonBonn, Manager at Hilton Bonn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear "HDLUXLOBO",
thank you very much for your comments in regards to oyur last visit to the Hilton Bonn. It is nice to see that you will return to our property once you are back in the area due to the fact that you enjoyed our location, wellness facilities, staff and of course our new restaurant concept "The Grill".
It´s my pleasure to pass on your feedback to our team and we hope to welcome you back soon in our beautiful city.

Regards from Bonn

Reviewed 10 June 2014

It was a pleasure to stay at this hotel. I liked the atmosphere and location from river rhine. In the morning we could the the ships passing by. I used the rhine promenade for jogging in the morning - what is very handy. Also some nice shopping areas just around the corner. will return for sure if I am in the area of Bonn again.

Dear Ulrich,

thank you very much for takig the time to share your comments in regards of your last stay with us in Bonn. It´s my pleasure to see that our entire team was able to create a wonderful experience for you during your visit to Bonn. Due to our very convenient location in between the river Rhine and the city centre guest use our property for business and leisure trips to Bonn.
We hope to welcome you back again soo to the Hilton Bonn

Kind regards from Bonn

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Good Hotel, not on top but well equipped. Staff very kind and helpful, rooms clean and gym ok. There is also a small square shaped pool - not good to swim, just to relax or to do some aqua training.
Wifi is really a bad surprise: free only in public areas, and 20€/day in rooms. In addition, it keeps on disconnecting. I would fix this issue, were the Manager: the hotel hosts many business travellers, and would be nice to be able to work in the rooms instead of being obliged to stay at the reception.
Very conveniently located in the city centre and close to the river and public transportation.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear "architekt_it",

thank you very much for your feedback of your recent stay at the Hilton Bonn. It´s my pleasure to see that you generally enjoyed your stay with us. I have forwarded your comments this morning to our department heads. I am glad to see that you found some spare time to enjoy our fitness & pool facilities. Your comments in regards to the wifi in the rooms will be taken to our yearly review in order to see if sth can be changed for the future.

Once again thank you very much for your comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Regards from Bonn

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The staff at this hotel were really friendly and accommodating. The room was great: clean, spacious, had openable windows comfortable bed. It was a good location and it was quite affordable! Free wifi in lobby but had to pay for it in the room (only downside. The breakfast was great. I would recommend this hotel.

Dear Vanessa,

what a treat to read your nice comments this morning about your recent stay at the Hilton Bonn. Thank you very much in the name of the entire team of the Hilton Bonn for your very nice feedback. It´s my pleasure to share your feedback among our team.

We hope to welcome you back soon in Bonn and remain with kind regards

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Very good hotel with excellent breakfast (allbeit quite expensive) and very friendly staff. Good location next to the Rhine river and 2 mins walk to the main central pedestrian area of the city. Nice pool area also. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonBonn, Manager at Hilton Bonn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear anthonyp155,

thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments in regards to your last stay at the Hilton Bonn. It´s our upmost target to provide the best possible cutomer service for our valued guest. Therefore it´s my pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Please le tus know if we can be of any further assistance
Kind regards from Bonn