“Perfect value for money!”
Review of Hotel Loehndorf

Hotel Loehndorf
Ranked #40 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

This is a small hotel of a dozen of room, I guess, perfectly well locater in Bonn down town, at 2 min from the subway, 10 min from the train station.
The manager is very kind and helpfull.
The rooms are large, simple, functional and very clean.
The hotel offers, included in the basic price, internet access and a breakfast of very good quality.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I felt right at home in this small hotel in the city center of Bonn. It is very close to the heart of the city, the Rhine, the subway, bus routes and the central station. My room was small but comfortable, and featured everything I needed efficiently in the space. The owners were kind and offer things like umbrellas for rainy days. Breakfast was fresh and good.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Rooms small but had everything you need for a short stay. Very clean + location couldn't be more convenient for the city centre, the station and the Rhein. Service was outstanding with each of our group being addressed by name each morning as we came down each morning. Breakfast was plentiful + freshly prepared. Tips given on things to do + places to eat,

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank KAT904
Reviewed 9 June 2010

This hotel is in a very good location. It is close to many University buildings, steps away from the Old Town center and a short walk to the Rhine. The elevator is very tiny, accommodating one person with luggage. I had a single-bed room and needed to share a bathroom with others. Although this did not turn out to be a problem I really wasn't comfortable with the idea of it! Breakfast was included in the room price and consisted of typical European foods. On check in day I arrived too early to get into my room but the desk person assured me I could leave my luggage in the office and she would take it to the room when it was ready. I checked in and got my key. When I returned late evening my luggage was not in the room and the desk was closed! There was a phone number to call and after explaining my problem, my luggage was delivered to me with in 15 minutes. There was quite a bit of street noise from passing traffic and a ticking walk/don't walk traffic light on the corner. Good value for the money but if I were to stay there again it would need to be in a room with a private bath.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Beekeeperone
Reviewed 2 June 2010

My experience with the hotel was terrible. In January/2010, I booked a room for May - 4 months in advance!! A week before my arrival in Bonn, the hotel sent me an email, saying that they had a problem with the water supply in the room I have booked (I don´t remember choosing a room!). As they could not accomodate us, they made a reservation in another hotel (Hotel Gross), for the same period and the same price. I thought they would sent us to a hotel the same level as the Löhndorf. For my surprise, the hotel was a nightmare. The staff was extremely unfriendly and even rude, the room was very old and not well cleaned, the bathroom was in bad condition, with mold everywhere and, the price was really the same as the Löhndorf - too much for such a hotel. The worst of all, the staff of the Hotel Löhndorf not even tryed to contact us, to see how was our arrival in the hotel. I sent an email, complaining about the situation and never received an answer. I know that problems can happen, but dump us in such a hotel!? In my opinion, they should be more careful with their guests, but I think they really don´t care.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank julianagazolla
Reviewed 11 December 2009

This is a great small hotel, with a wonderful warm welcome. The location is good, rooms are not fancy but have everything I need. The breakfast room is lovely, with plenty of tasty things to eat. The staff are all very kind and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Clar_9
Reviewed 3 August 2009

When you get to the entrance you may wonder whether you made the right choice. But once inside, even though the hotel is small, the rooms are spacious and comfy. The cosy decorations reveal a caring soul who's interested in offering a homey stay for guests. Breakfast was delicious and service very friendly. Location second to none if you want to discover the city of Bonn and its surroundings. Very close to the train station as well.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple