Hotel Loehndorf
Ibis Bonn(Bonn)
US$74
ibis
  • Pool
Mercure Hotel Bonn Hardtberg(Bonn)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$74
  • Restaurant
All reviewslocation is greatroom was cleanthe riverrathauscentrerhine
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my daughter while she was apartment hunting. The location couldn't be better. Our room was next to reception and adjacent to the breakfast room and covered terrace. It was quite warm during our stay, but thankfully, there was a small electric fan in the room.
The breakfast is typically German, with cold cuts, cheeses and excellent Brötchen. They also had cereals, juices, a fruit salad and made to order eggs.
There is a parking garage nearby, which is expensive during the day but quite cheap over night. The only drawback for me was the small parking spaces. I managed to squeeze into one, but it wasn't easy.
Once in the city, we didn't need the car until we checked out. This is where we will stay on our visits in the future.
Oh, did I mention free wifi?

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I had reserved in advance and arrived late at night. At first I was a bit disappointed by the hotel - my 4th floor room was large and comfortable but the decor was a bit tired, and although I had helpfully been left a wi-fi voucher in my room the internet service was so slow that it was barely usable.

But things were very different in the morning. The breakfast selection was not huge, but the food that was provided was great, with expertly cooked scrambled eggs, delicious fresh fruit salad, and excellent coffee. The best thing about this hotel though is the staff - everyone I dealt with was friendly and helpful with a ready smile. I stay in a lot of different hotels, most of which are very good, but I don't remember the last time I had quite such excellent service.

The location is great - right in the centre of Bonn but quiet, and near a park and the Rhine. I was able to borrow a bicycle to ride up the river to my meeting, which was lovely. The only downside was the wi-fi, which works well in the reception area and presumably also the lower rooms, but was poor on the top floor. Other than that this place was really excellent, and I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The Lohndorf hotel has a perfect location in the centre of Bonn. The hotel is simple but good. Staff is very friendly and helpful when you have questions. There is a public car garage, entrance if front of the hotel. We would recommand to book the larger room at the 4th floor.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2013

just a few minutes' walk to the center of bonn including the beethoven house. the shower is a bit inconvenient b/c the showerhead was in the corner of the large bath and it's clearly meant for you to pick it up and use it as opposed to standing underneath it. the breakfast is very basic, but the owners and staff are very helpful. the only drawback is that the wi-fi was very spotty on the 3rd floor (the reception area is located on the 1st floor), but that's not too surprising for a vacation in europe and the price made it worth it even with that inconvenience.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank spacedog
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Things didn't start well. You can access the hotel only through what appears to be a shop doorway. Nobody answered the remote door phone even though it was midday on a Saturday. In fact there was nobody around at all. I'd just got of the redeye from the US so in no mood for this. As I was walking away someone answered and I was let in. Some fairly chaotic activity and the room was sort-of made ready for me. The room was basic and the hotel has no lounge - only a breakfast area that appears to be closed during the day. So I went for a walk around the town until they'd finished.

Other than that, the place is OK but I don't think it deserves its high rating The breakfast is basic but good. The people friendly enough. The wifi is patchy. Acceptable as a business hotel but doesn't deserve its high ranking unless the other hotels in Bonn are really awful.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business