“Relaxing area”

Ameron Hotel Koenigshof Bonn
Ranked #7 of 79 Hotels in Bonn
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We decided to spend one night in Bonn and we choose to stay in Königshof as it's one of the first choice you can find in the city.
The receptionist was very helpful and friendly by our arrival and we have got all the information we needed to get to the city center and about what we could visit.
The hotel is not a 5 stars hotel and is not overpriced and so our expectations about the room were not extremely high.
The hotel is ca. 5-10 minutes away from the city center (walking distance) and our room did offer a very nice view of the river which is perfect to relax. Our room was ok, clean and functional, as said we did not have big expectations. The bed was very comfortable, what a pity we had two separates beds put together and no double bed, not great for a couple.
Breakfast is good and rich and people working there are always very friendly

In Bonn there is not a wide range of luxury hotel so I will for sure recommend you a stay in Königshof.

Room Tip: Get a room with river view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chateaux_Margaux_85
Philipp S, Qualitymanager at Ameron Hotel Koenigshof Bonn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Dear Chateaux_Margaux_85,

thant you for sharing your experiences with us.

We are delighted to read, that you had a great time in Bonn and a great time in the AMERON Hotel Königshof. It is always nice to read that it was good choice for you, staying in our hotel.

For your next visit I recomend you to book the room directly in our reservations department. You have the possibility to share your needs with our employees and you will get the double bed that you prefer.

Please feel free to cantact the reservation department at "reuter@hotel-koenigshof-bonn.de".

Yours sincerely

Philipp Stahl
Qualitymanager

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This is our place to stay when we are visiting Bonn, which is a beautiful city with lots of museums, riiver Rhine and attractive places and neighborhoods. The hotel is nicely located facing the Rhine, in a central spot but at the same time quiet. The personnel is extremely forthcoming, the rooms are very nice, breakfast buffet as well as meals in the (Italian type)restaurant are great. Likewise you may have a coffee and cake while looking to the Rhine and the surrounding hills (Siebengebirge). It is value for money what you get.

Room Tip: most beautiful are rooms facing the Rhine
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This hotel was the last stop on our month trip to Germany and Prague, the hotel itself was clean, the room was slightly disappointing for a deluxe room, yes the view was good, but no complimentary Internet, no extra chair to sit in to observe the view, and the front counter staff have a thing or two to learn about customer service. The staff were abrupt and dismissive. When we arrived the safe in our room did not work, I rang the front desk, (no answer), I walked down to reception and reported the issue, I also asked for two different pillows (as they had a pillow menu), it took nearly 2 hours for someone to come and say they didn't know what was wrong with the safe and we could leave things at the front desk, I asked if we could be moved to a room which had a safe that worked as we were staying for 4 days and it would be real inconvenience, we were moved, and wouldn't you know it, the safe was again broken... This time I was not as polite, the manager on the desk did promptly fix the situation and the safe was taken apart and fixed. The manager was very apologetic and sent strawberries and champagne which was a nice gesture. I feel this could of all been avoided if the front desk staff had been a little warmer and pleasant, I actually never complain but I was so taken back with the staffs attitude, I felt I needed to escalate the matter further. All in all the hotel was in a convenient location, breakfast was ample.. It's just a pity about the lack of professional service needed in a hotel that advertises as a luxury hotel .. !!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheBrownsAdelaide
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel.
It is nice and comfortable. There is a great view on the rhein river when you are on the good side.
The location is great since it is 5mn away from the city center.
The breakfast was really good.

But I cannot conceived that, in 2013, such a hotel with such a room price charge you so much for a Wifi access. 9€ for 1h is just ridiculous. I just want to check my emails.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeGreg
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed just one night at the Koenigshof in Bonn, attracted by its great setting right on the Rhein. We had booked a superior room and were told we’d been upgraded to one with a river view. I hadn’t occurred to me that the superior rooms might not have this so it was just as well. What a let down the room 107 was and had it been for more than the one night we would have made a fuss (as we usually do). For E170 you get a musty smell, cracks in the wash basin, stains on the wooden floor and chipped furniture (see photos); I cant imagine what the standard rooms must be like. We asked for coffee in the lobby at 10.30 am to be told that wasn’t possible; we would have to go down to the restaurant. When I told them we’d just been there and they were washing the floor, there was an embarassed shrug, but no coffee. When we were asked at checkout whether everything was OK, we gave them the facts and they knocked an arbitrary sum (I think E15) from the bill. I would much rather have paid the full price and had a 4 star room rather than the one we got which was not even 3 star, let alone ‘superior’. I now understand why the Hilton was full and the Koenigshof had availability.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Although the hotel and the neighbourhood testify from a great past, the service was excellent, the breakfast superb and the room very clean and well equipped. We especially appreciated the late evening spoiling: you could ask for a hot milk or a special pillow to make your bedtime more comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

A pleasant hotel at a convenient location. Nice rooms and friendly staff. My otherwise pleasant stay was spoiled by an excessive 23 Euro charge for a 6 minute overseas call. Any serious establishment should really abstain from this kind of extortion.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business