Derag Livinghotel Kanzler
US$163
US$143
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Dorint Hotel Venusberg Bonn(Bonn)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$92
Ibis Bonn(Bonn)
US$81
US$75
ibis
  • Pool
All reviewsunderground stationitalian restaurantbottles of beermini kitchennice hotelper daypublic transportliving roomfree mini barbusiness travelbreakfast buffetrhine riverapartmentchancellorminibarconslaundry
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Good rooms especially ground floor. nice & peaceful. Staff extremely rude at reception including the restaurant 'Dante. Room service is non existing pathetic. They just dont replenish your instant tea coffee maker inspite of requesting. No courtesy even to call and ask. Lacking customer service attitude bigtime. Breakfast limited to only a few dishes. Location is walking distance from Museum Konig underground station so was good. Walk to Bonn center takes around 20mins. Stay recommended only for couple of nights only if you have to!! No supermarkets nearby.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank amarkulkarni
Joern V, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Kanzler, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear guest,

thank you very much for staying with us. I am delighted, that you liked your room. Your quote "stay only if you have to" sounds very harsh to me. During the week our occupancy is app. 100%. There are many happy customers staying in our apartments for months. We would never force somebody to stay with us ;-)

Of course room service is existing. There are even menus in all of the guest rooms. Again "pathetic" is a quite heavy word very lightly thrown. Still I am very sorry that the communication concerning the opening hours or facilities was bad from our side. I will work on the matter !

The fact that you did not receive new tea and coffe and the cooking facility is not acceptable. Sorry for that ! The housekeeping is operated by another company and my new housekeeping manager will start on Monday. I will solve the problem immediatly.

The breakfast offers a great variety of bread, sausages, fresh food, mueslis, cereals, three different kind of juices, fish, eggs, bacon, vegetables, four kinds of tea, coffee, espresso, cappuchino, sausages and four warm dishes. To mention but a few.

Nearly every month we have season and regional specials: Italian weeks with Mozzarella, Pasta, Parma ham, American weeks with Burgers, Bagles and Doughnuts, etc.

Do you have any specific requests ? What are you lacking,Sir ?

The next supermarket is ReWe on Weberstraße, 1.2km = 0mi 1312.3yd away from the hotel. Not right around the corner, but around 12 minutes walking distance.

At the moment we are organizing a special food and cooking ingredience delivery service for our guest. I am waiting for the final confirmation of the store manager.

Still I hope to welcome you to the Kanzler again. Not by force, only for a nice and relaxing time. We will do our best to satisfy you.

May yours travels be save and your overnight stays pleasing ones.

Your sincerely

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is a reasonably priced apartments hotel in Bonn.
In the US these apartments would be called suites except that here they also provide a fully functional kitchenette.
The apartment I had was just enough in size for two people.
The apartment is very nicely designed, in European style and everything is made of wood. The space is very smartly utilized. the sleeping section has a comfortable bed and whole wall cabinet which includes jackets hanging area, drawers and shelves, hidden ironing board with iron and press, and a safe which is bolted down. The sitting area includes comfortable work desk, sofa and couch. Kitchenette is fully functional and you could store groceries and cook if you wanted. Tableware is included. Bathroom is spacious. Wifi is free.
Breakfast is very good with nice selection, although it is pricy and sitting area can get tight in the rush hour of the morning. The Italian restaurant in the lobby floor is very good and affordable. Reception staff is friendly and helpful.
Service however, is something else.Depending on your reservation and price, they will clean the room once or twice a week. I stayed here for 5 nights, and room was supposed to be cleaned twice a week. However, the second time was on the day that I checked out... And when someone did come in and cleaned the room (once) they clearly did the minimum possible to make it look ok. I mean you clean ONCE during my 5 nights stay. At least do that one well. (For some reason I could not start the dishwasher, and it was left filled with dirty tableware and utensils after the "clean up".) I reported a problem with my room door - which was never addressed. Also, the baggies of coffee tea sugar etc, to make hot drinks in your room are not being replenished. It is very annoying to find out while working at your computer at midnight that you can't make something hot to drink. So for a short stay, maybe two or three nights at the most, it is fine. Beyond it, it becomes uncomfortable. (I did stay here previously, for two nights and it felt better).

Room Tip: Avoid rooms 501-505. While they are larger, they are at street level. The front wall of the room is all window, and it is right at the curbside where people are walking. No privacy and poor safety.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adi H
Joern V, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Kanzler, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear guest,

thank you very much for staying with us. I am happy that you like the hotel and the staff in general.

At the moment I am looking for a new head housekeeper. The previous one is taking care of her baby and her Assistant is pregnant as well.

There are some points I have to work out with the cleaning company. Their contract quotes that they are not allowed to touch personal belongings of the guests.This includes magazines, paperwork, pencils, etc. The idea the client gets is that the room is not cleaned properly.

The dishwasher has different programmes. Housekeeping should use the 30 minute short programme.Sometimes they choose the extended programme, lasting nearly two hours. They cancel the process and the water remains inthe machine. Again I have to talk to the company.

I am very sorry that the door was not fixedand tea and coffee were not refilled. This issues should be solved immediatly.

I hope that you will be staying with us for a long time. Every month we have a nice get together with all hotel guests. You are more than welcome to join !

Have a very nice day and thanks for the valuable information

Joern

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed here in jan 2014 for 10 days.
Fell sick for 2 days and had the staff pamper me as if I was at home.
The staff is dedicated and provides better service than most of the 5* establishments around town. At the receition there's a lady called Selina, stick to her if you need things done.
Def staying there again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Zaq R
Joern V, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Kanzler, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Zaq R,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. I hope that you are still feeling much better and that you will be returning to the Kanzler sonn !

All the best !

Joern (Volkmann)

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Second consecutive year we've stayed here in October and still excellent all round, especially now with free wifi! Used the restaurant this year too which was very good. Will definitely stay again next time we're in Bonn.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicolai99
Joern V, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Kanzler, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. You made my day !

I hope to welcome you again soon.

Have a great day and always safe journeys

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Large, very spacious, comfortable room with well-equipped kitchenette and terrace garden. Excellent bathroom. Pleasant staff. Free espresso in the lobby, Good Italian restaurant. The breakfast was very good. The hotel is close to the metro and the UN campus at walking distance. Would recommend it and definitely go back

Room Tip: business room with outside garden exit
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Joern V, Manager at Derag Livinghotel Kanzler, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear guest,

thank you very much for your positive feedback. I hope to welcome you again.

Hotel Manager